Are not you afraid that the implant will fail?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
torless50

Are not you afraid that the implant will fail?

Postby torless50 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:17 am

Can you get that idea out of the head once implanted, or are you, let's say as pending that it fail every day?
Can you have your minds calm? I write this because I do not know if once I get the implant, I will always be vigilant and vigilant of it.
Peyronie
Thinking about implant

strongagain

Re: Are not you afraid that the implant will fail?

Postby strongagain » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:25 am

Implants are not for sissies, you got to be extremely brave.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:27 am

I never think about my Implant failing ... very few do, and if they do it's fixable ... so no big deal.
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:11 am

Every part of your body is subject to failure. The odds are low and it's not productive to walk around worrying about something failing - do yourself a favor and put it out of your mind. As Bionic has said, if it breaks it can be fixed.
Last edited by dg_moore on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

wolfcreek

Postby wolfcreek » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:36 am

My first implant, an LGX, failed after just 4.5 years of moderate usage. Anything made out of plastic will fail - don't kid yourself....

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:51 am

Now on my third implant, thoughts of failure rarely enter my head. When they do, they're quickly chased out by the thoughts of the pussy I'm gonna be getting (or just had).... Seriously, the joy of being able to fuck again outweighs all the pain, expense and worrying..... Go for it and..... Good Luck.....
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:28 pm

No more afraid that my heart will stop at the next beat, the cap on my front tooth will fail, that i will meet the wrong end of a fast-moving bus or some other catastrophe.

You evaluate the pros and cons and take your chances with any of life's decisions.

With an implant, the choice is a penis that definitely does not work vs an implanted mechanical aid that does - even though it may eventually fail. This is not unlike the traditional male mid-life crisis solution, the sports car. A decent sports car costs about the same as an implant and can be expected to give about the same service life. Which would you rather have?

Now, if you have a partially working penis, the decision is more difficult, but essentially similar.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:13 pm

LMCatman wrote:Now on my third implant, thoughts of failure rarely enter my head. When they do, they're quickly chased out by the thoughts of the pussy I'm gonna be getting (or just had).... Seriously, the joy of being able to fuck again outweighs all the pain, expense and worrying..... Go for it and..... Good Luck.....

So damn, youre on your third one! Being able to fuck out weighs what you have to go through for a few weeks. I'm coming up on my first this Friday. Can't help but think that the video of the procedure I watched is going to be done on me. Yikes. But to think, no more injections, pills. PT-31, snake oil, disappointments, it will all be worth it!
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

wolfcreek

Postby wolfcreek » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:21 pm

I probably wouldn't worry so much about another failure if insurance/Medicare were paying for my implants. But so far my two implants have cost me (out of pocket) over $30,000. That is $30,000 less which I'll have to survive on in my upcoming retirement.... Hopefully, by the time my most recent implant fails I'll be on Medicare. But my surgeon tells me that IPP implants will probably no longer be covered by Medicare.

AussieRjay

Postby AussieRjay » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:39 pm

I'm not afraid it will fail; I've just had it installed at 44, I know for a fact it will fail at some point. I knew that before I ever saw the surgeon.

Thing is, my penis had already failed. All medical decisions are made on a risk/benefit analysis. The benefit - at least, to me - outweighed the risks, including the surgical risk and the risk of premature failure. Even if for some reason I can never have another installed, but I manage to get 10 years out of this one, that will be 10 years of a happy and vigorous sex life. I can't really see myself regretting that even though I imagine I'd be greatly saddened if it can't be replaced.

Replacement surgeries do carry a slightly higher risk than the original surgery but the odds of successful replacement are still well and truly in your favour. There are guys here who have had multiple replacements, and they're still happy chaps.

I won't be spending time worrying about what may be, because what's done is already done.

I said in another post that men need to have their head in the right place before they proceed, to ensure (as much as possible) that they will not be wracked with regrets, worries or concerns which could have been worked through beforehand. The whole point of the implant is to make life less stressful for an impotent man, not worse.
44yo, venous leak since late teens. Destroyed 2 relationships and all self confidence. Implanted 9 May 2017 by Dr Chris Love, Melbourne Australia - Titan 23cm. Looking forward to a new life.

Return to “Implants”