Implant Sizes and sizing

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Tybeeman

Implant Sizes and sizing

Postby Tybeeman » Sun May 28, 2017 8:04 am

PLEASE LETS DO NOT START TELLING SOMEONE THEY ARE NOT TELLING THE TRUTH

Lot of us out here are trying to understand this whole thing before we get this implant. I can read information that the Coloplast has sizes that range from 11cm to 22cm. How about the AMS? I can only find they go to 18cm then they use RTE. That can't be right

Placement I have Both Implants sitting on my desk and both are 18cm. My doctor said that he wants the hose to come out the cylinders at about the location of the incision. That sound right?

At the time of surgery is when the doctor makes his incision is when he will determine the size of the implant and the RTE?

That said I will wake up to find out what he installed. Just seems that their should be some kind of discussion about size before the surgery. It sounds like some doctors give you an injection to get an idea. Others open you up and slid a measuring rod up the penis
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

dg_moore

Re: Implant Sizes and sizing

Postby dg_moore » Sun May 28, 2017 9:44 am

The only measurement that counts is the internal measurement performed after the incision is made. All other measurements are nothing but estimates.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Sun May 28, 2017 11:19 am

Like dg_moore said the only measurement that matters is the rod in your penis at the time of your surgery. Any external measure is an estimate. As far as AMS, they also have a cylinder in 21cm. They have RTEs in .5,1,1.5,2,3,4,5&6. The surgeon can measure you after he opens you & meets your needs for length within .5cm. The other part of the measure is inside your body to the pelvis. Estimates are that measure is approx 1/3 of the total measure. So for examle, if you have a 21cm implant, you should have 14cm in the penis give or take.
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

stiffupperlip

Postby stiffupperlip » Sun May 28, 2017 12:02 pm

Coloplast also has sizes in 24cm, 26cm and 28cm.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3446653/
22cm Titan No RTE's Dr. Kramer Oct 2016

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Sun May 28, 2017 12:18 pm

stiffupperlip wrote:Coloplast also has sizes in 24cm, 26cm and 28cm.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3446653/

You didn't read the post. I said I know that Coloplast does, but how about AMS
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sun May 28, 2017 2:25 pm

AMS has a CX 24. Only expand in girth, not length.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

DaveET1

Postby DaveET1 » Sun May 28, 2017 2:58 pm

With an injection, the surgeon can see in advance approximately what he's dealing with, and he absolutely MUST be sure he has at hand cylinders at, over, and under that size before he touches a scalpel. Here is where the company rep comes in, too. He brings the goods with him, so he and the surgeon need to get on the same page first thing.

BUT, the only measurement that really matters is the one he gets when he sticks that scary looking thing up your penis and down into the crus. That one has absolutely got to be right, or problems will set in. Again, pick your surgeon with utmost care.

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Mon May 29, 2017 5:40 am

Tybeeman,
You just have to know where to look ...
http://www.amselabeling.com/en-en/ (.pdf manuals - free to download)
product.jpg
product.jpg (192.77 KiB) Viewed 3659 times

Just seems that their should be some kind of discussion about size before the surgery.

They usually give you a stretch test ...

The general "rule-of-thumb" is to pull your flaccid penis straight out, as far as possible ... now look down, that is about the length size you will get from an erect Implant.

This visual flaccid measurement does not show the expansion of the glans (head) as it would when you were younger and the glans also enlarged when erect. An Implant does not increase the swelling of the glans when pumped up.
--
As for the "measuring rod" ... that is done on each and every patient. Basically they add the internal and external (up the penis) measurements, then select the cylinder size that best suits ... you may or may not need RTE's.

Sounds like you really need to watch a few operations at YouTube ... here is a good start:
http://kramerurology.com/videos
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Mon May 29, 2017 8:34 am

My Urologist said, 'Your a good size'. I said, 'I don't want to lose any of it'. He said,'You won't. I didn't.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Mon May 29, 2017 9:26 am

Bionic_by_AMS wrote:Tybeeman,
You just have to know where to look ...
http://www.amselabeling.com/en-en/ (.pdf manuals - free to download)
product.jpg
Just seems that their should be some kind of discussion about size before the surgery.

They usually give you a stretch test ...

The general "rule-of-thumb" is to pull your flaccid penis straight out, as far as possible ... now look down, that is about the length size you will get from an erect Implant.

This visual flaccid measurement does not show the expansion of the glans (head) as it would when you were younger and the glans also enlarged when erect. An Implant does not increase the swelling of the glans when pumped up.
--
As for the "measuring rod" ... that is done on each and every patient. Basically they add the internal and external (up the penis) measurements, then select the cylinder size that best suits ... you may or may not need RTE's.

Sounds like you really need to watch a few operations at YouTube ... here is a good start:
http://kramerurology.com/videos

Thanks fore the chart. I watched a lot of those videos.
Question: For the record I have seen 3 different urologist. The 2 AMS guys both said that the average guy in size will usually take the 18cm with the RTE. If that is the case. if you went with a 18cm and a 5cm RTE. Why not a just use the 21 cm with a 2cm RTE. I realize that is going to be the doctors decision but just curious about these RTE.

You are sayin that the measure measurements before surgery is just a guess to get an idea of what size it will be.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16

Return to “Implants”