Implant Sizes and sizing

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Larry10625

Re: Implant Sizes and sizing

Postby Larry10625 » Mon May 29, 2017 10:08 am

Bionic_by_AMS wrote:Tybeeman,
You just have to know where to look ...
http://www.amselabeling.com/en-en/ (.pdf manuals - free to download)
product.jpg
Just seems that their should be some kind of discussion about size before the surgery.

They usually give you a stretch test ...

The general "rule-of-thumb" is to pull your flaccid penis straight out, as far as possible ... now look down, that is about the length size you will get from an erect Implant.

This visual flaccid measurement does not show the expansion of the glans (head) as it would when you were younger and the glans also enlarged when erect. An Implant does not increase the swelling of the glans when pumped up.
--
As for the "measuring rod" ... that is done on each and every patient. Basically they add the internal and external (up the penis) measurements, then select the cylinder size that best suits ... you may or may not need RTE's.

Sounds like you really need to watch a few operations at YouTube ... here is a good start:
http://kramerurology.com/videos

This must be an older chart. I had an 18 with 2cm extenders and a 200ml reservoir. This chart shows the largest reservoir is 100ml.

Larry

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:34 am

I need to double check it, but I have never heard of a 200mL AMS reservoir.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Mon May 29, 2017 12:32 pm

I have 18cm lgx with 1.5 RTEs & the reservoir implanted was 100ml as listed on my paperwork
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon May 29, 2017 2:18 pm

ThePlumber1964 wrote:I need to double check it, but I have never heard of a 200mL AMS reservoir.

Yup, never mind... it says 200ml on a sheet of paper I have but the AMS card has a sticker right from the product packaging. It also shows only 1 X 1cm RTE... I was told 2cm. I wonder how many more surprises I am going to get, unless maybe he didn't put the sticker on for the second RTE... there is no space on the card for more...

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Mon May 29, 2017 2:39 pm

That infamous cards...
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Tue May 30, 2017 4:12 am

Tybeeman,
Why not a just use the 21 cm with a 2cm RTE. I realize that is going to be the doctors decision but just curious about these RTE.

Exactly ... that's the way it should be ... very few surgeons would use 5 cm RTE's. (RTE's are only stackable in 1.5 cms)

And Yes ... any measurements made in the office prior are just guesses ... they (the 2 AMS guys) mentioned 18 cm (plus RTE) just because it falls into the national average of guys being in the 5" - 6" (erect) range ...

Either way once Implanted the weight of ED issues is finally lifted ... and you should be able to look forward to a renewed sex life. Enjoy!!!
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:18 am

alibaba wrote:This I think is where a lot of issues pop up with people and why one cylinder sometimes does not inflate consistent with the other. Looking at it, it seems to me that implants w/o tip extenders or minimal extenders are more prone to this kinking issue.
See: http://www.amselabeling.com/assets/file ... tready.pdf

Page 15 under heading method A.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Wed May 31, 2017 12:23 am

size and length are a gigantic issue for all men, and it was a big source of anxiety for me. Because we are all so fixated on size.
My surgeon, Dr. Eid, has a strict protocol that he follows so that all things are black and white and up front.

First of all, it is not possible to use implant surgery to grow your length. If a surgeon oversizes length, then there will be problems of the cylinders eroding through and damaging the Glans of the penis.

So, it is true that "you have what you have" Here is the protocol that Dr Eid follows:

1) measures the penis length with the stretch test (records on the chart)
2) measures the flacid girth (records it in the chart)
3) injects penis with Caverject
4) measure erect length (records in chart) with stretch if needed
5) measures girth (records in chart)

He then takes that sheet to the operating room, and after the implant is in, he makes sure that you measure up to what was promised.

A transparent, objective, ruler based approach with no hype no non-sense. Just the facts.

For me, I gained a little in girth and got the length that I had when I was 25.

Totally happy.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:00 am

Tangerine,
Please read my private message,
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

JayGould

Postby JayGould » Wed May 31, 2017 5:13 am

TANGERINE, does that mean you gained a little length as well? I have lost 1 inch in 4 months, hope I can get that back. It can't be complete atrophy...not that quickly.

Return to “Implants”