AMS vs Coloplast questions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Tybeeman

AMS vs Coloplast questions

Postby Tybeeman » Fri May 26, 2017 11:27 am

I just walked out of my urologist office. He gave me the his demo's of the AMS and the Colopast implants told me to keep them for the weekend and play with them. If there are any of you non biotics out there that has a question for a lay person that's holding both devices, let me try to answer. I will have them till Tuesday
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

merrix

Re: AMS vs Coloplast questions

Postby merrix » Fri May 26, 2017 6:41 pm

Yes, I have one question.
Can you measure the length of the fixed, uninflatable part in the rear end of each implant?
Also, which AMS model do you have there, CX or LGX?
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Fri May 26, 2017 8:10 pm

merrix wrote:Yes, I have one question.
Can you measure the length of the fixed, uninflatable part in the rear end of each implant?
Also, which AMS model do you have there, CX or LGX?

From where the tub comes out to the end is 2 1/4 inches. this one is the LGX. But my doctor said he puts extenders on almost all of them

I have been playing with these things all afternoon and have a ton of question. The two things that really jump out at me is the Coloplast really explains in the garth. Neither of the lengthen. The AMS is defiantly easier to deflate. It is not a big deal but the Coloplast really needs to have the penis squeezed to help it. or ti will take a little longer which would be natural it you just got done with sex
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16

JayGould

Postby JayGould » Sat May 27, 2017 10:46 am

Are you saying the Coloplast is expanding more girth wise? You wrote "garth" but guessing you mean girth?

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Sat May 27, 2017 12:33 pm

JayGould wrote:Are you saying the Coloplast is expanding more girth wise? You wrote "garth" but guessing you mean girth?

Yes sorry typing fast. It defiantly expands the AMS doesn't
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16

JayGould

Postby JayGould » Sun May 28, 2017 9:53 am

Tybeeman wrote:
JayGould wrote:Are you saying the Coloplast is expanding more girth wise? You wrote "garth" but guessing you mean girth?

Yes sorry typing fast. It defiantly expands the AMS doesn't

Cool.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Sun May 28, 2017 6:16 pm

I've decided that i would like to go for a Titan. If he only uses AMS, I'm asking for the LGX. I'll see the doctor for pre opp screening this Tuesday.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Sun May 28, 2017 6:27 pm

sliphill wrote:I've decided that i would like to go for a Titan. If he only uses AMS, I'm asking for the LGX. I'll see the doctor for pre opp screening this Tuesday.

I am sure your doctor will give you either one. My urologist uses both but mainly AMS. He said he installed more Coloplast in years past. There really not a lot of difference in the 2. I talked to one doctor in Atlanta that does nothing but AMS, but after examining me he said he would use a Coloplast. I should have asked him why he would say that but he did. I am not long because of my RP from cancer but I have a large girth and the injections have gave me scar tissue
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Sun May 28, 2017 8:40 pm

Tybeeman wrote:
sliphill wrote:I've decided that i would like to go for a Titan. If he only uses AMS, I'm asking for the LGX. I'll see the doctor for pre opp screening this Tuesday.

I am sure your doctor will give you either one. My urologist uses both but mainly AMS. He said he installed more Coloplast in years past. There really not a lot of difference in the 2. I talked to one doctor in Atlanta that does nothing but AMS, but after examining me he said he would use a Coloplast. I should have asked him why he would say that but he did. I am not long because of my RP from cancer but I have a large girth and the injections have gave me scar tissue

I don't have large girth, and injections gave me scarring. I just hope that doesn't affect me negatively.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

billylee

Postby billylee » Mon May 29, 2017 7:15 pm

IMO....just leave the choice to you surgeon....trust him with his decision based on his expertise.....just as you trust him for his expertise in the actual surgery.
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

Return to “Implants”