The imperfect implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ThePlumber1964

Re: The imperfect implant

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:33 pm

I think that there is a concerted effort to self-advertising, which has created that narrative. The fact is that there are high volume surgeons, but it does not mean that they do the vast majority of the implants.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:06 pm

ThePlumber1964 wrote:I think that there is a concerted effort to self-advertising, which has created that narrative. The fact is that there are high volume surgeons, but it does not mean that they do the vast majority of the implants.

Plumber you don't understand, close your eyes and tap your shoes together and repeat, there's no place like Baltimore there's no place like Baltimore
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:00 pm

I could not find evidence for my post that most surgeries are done by a few surgeons. Nor did I define what a 'few' or 'vast' is. Bad post on my part.

But my point was, when examining surgical methods, that looking at the total # of surgeons and adding up their surgical techniques then coming to a conclusion based on a majority may to be the best way to research this. Instead, I would compare what the most successful (not necessarily high volume but their #'s are easier to find) surgeons do, and then compare it across the board. If the high volume surgeons have a higher success rate with a specific technique versus the most used technique across all surgeons, then that should be a clue to investigate the 'better' technique further. Yes you can still have a great surgical outcome with with a sub-optimal technique, but what is your level of risk you want to accept.

I do not advocate blind faith in any surgeon, I do believe in due diligence and minimizing risk. And IMO there are better places than balitmore.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

stiffupperlip

Postby stiffupperlip » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:48 pm

I'm glad I went to Baltimore. I'd recommend Dr. Kramer to anybody. But I can only speak from my experience.
22cm Titan No RTE's Dr. Kramer Oct 2016

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:25 am

ThePlumber1964 wrote:I think that there is a concerted effort to self-advertising, which has created that narrative. The fact is that there are high volume surgeons, but it does not mean that they do the vast majority of the implants.

250 surgeons that do 5 implants each totals to more implants than 1 doctor who does 260 a year but who has the most experience? Who is more likely to see a wide variety of issues to overcome? One must weigh the variables and determine where the odds lay in their favor. Clearly there is no guarantee of a perfect implant yet but you can slant it more to your favor with due diligence. This is not one of those things where you pop a top off a beer, scratch your belly and ask the guy next to you whatcha think?
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:56 am

Many have asked, many have messaged me asking how I am doing and wishing me well. Very very much appreciated. I know y'all have your own issues to deal with too.

Tuesdays are a busy day for doctor Kramer. He took time out of his day for me and we are working on figuring out the problem and how to fix it. My days often run together so much I have no idea what day of the week it is so I appreciate him taking time on clinic day to converse with me several times. Step 1 identify the issue. Step 2 identify the cause. Step 3, create a plan of action. Step 4 make all the arrangements to implement the plan including going to war with the %@#^&%*^&)(^O*%$I&# insurance company (if it happens to be it's time of the month). Step 5, initiate the plan but keep if fluid as things aren't always the way you expect them to be. Step 6 watch a Utube video to kill time because this #ucker hurts and needs time to heal. Step 7............polite people do not talk about these things in public but there are a certain type store that sells videos.
Really people we are working on it as time allows. Cheers.
Attachments
MRI ORDER.jpeg
MRI ORDER.jpeg (107.92 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:02 am

Ali,

Great to see that he is invested on helping you to finesse your reminder issues. You, out of so many forum brothers, deserve it!

Cheers,

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:23 am

Pros out-weigh the cons.
I am developing subtle ways to manage mine. Foreplay i always start at 1/3 inflated and just have a 'fiddle' at certain intervals until I am fully charged and ready to pound my girl.
She has become accustomed to my careful thumb and finger work on my third testicle and its just not an issue.
It's just a matter of adaptation.
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:58 pm

Try this for information addige.

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:39 pm

The imperfect implant is the "perfect" implant that just decided to develop a leak, ED deja vu.

Not too discouraged, 4 1/2 years was a good run. Going back to the same doctor for a second run at this. Dr. Morris of Hendersonville, TN did a super job the first time. Low pain, fast healing, very useful placement, and good sizing. First time a little bumpy with some issues from hernia repair and prostatectomy scar tissue, but handled well.

August 4, 2017 is date for next implant, if the insurance will agree.
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

Return to “Implants”