The imperfect implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

Re: The imperfect implant

Postby alibaba » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:26 pm

I don't think it is an infection. Maybe worst case my body rejecting the pump. Dealing with it for the time being as best I can. Some days better than others. A lot going on and I just plain do not have time plus I will be having to do a lot of travel for the next month. Glad y'all are doing well! d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:20 am

alibaba wrote:I don't think it is an infection. Maybe worst case my body rejecting the pump. Dealing with it for the time being as best I can. Some days better than others. A lot going on and I just plain do not have time plus I will be having to do a lot of travel for the next month. Glad y'all are doing well! d

Glad to hear it wasn't something worse. Here is a photo of what I had to deal with for three months. The worse part was having to wear a womans "pad" in my shorts to collect all the puss while I was at work.
Attachments
me.JPG
me.JPG (52.87 KiB) Viewed 1878 times
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:34 am

PCHelp76180 wrote:
alibaba wrote:I don't think it is an infection. Maybe worst case my body rejecting the pump. Dealing with it for the time being as best I can. Some days better than others. A lot going on and I just plain do not have time plus I will be having to do a lot of travel for the next month. Glad y'all are doing well! d

Glad to hear it wasn't something worse. Here is a photo of what I had to deal with for three months. The worse part was having to wear a womans "pad" in my shorts to collect all the puss while I was at work.

Why in the hell would he put the incision there??? What a stupid place for it.

Larry

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:00 am

Larry10625 wrote: Why in the hell would he put the incision there??? What a stupid place for it.

Larry

I believe that is a very common location to insert the implants. When I was researching for my implant I came across several done this way
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:13 pm

PCHelp76180 wrote:
Larry10625 wrote: Why in the hell would he put the incision there??? What a stupid place for it.

Larry

I believe that is a very common location to insert the implants. When I was researching for my implant I came across several done this way

That does not look to me seeing the picture, the normal direction for the incision. Usually it would be vertical following the raphe instead of horizontal. In closing, the scrotal tissue is thicker at the raphe and I think would be better also besides the aesthetic value of hiding the incision. Examine your own scrotum when it is warm and slack. the sack wall is very thin but still thicker along the center line ( raphe). Hope I am spelling raphe correctly. Have a bitch of a headache. Cheers.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:32 pm

PCHelp76180 wrote:

Larry

My apologies.. When I looked at it before, it looked like it was on top of the penis by the pubic bone. I now see that it is at the base of the penis and top of the scrotum. It is usually a vertical incision so it can easily be hidden.

Larry

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:33 pm

alibaba wrote:That does not look to me seeing the picture, the normal direction for the incision. Usually it would be vertical following the raphe instead of horizontal. In closing, the scrotal tissue is thicker at the raphe and I think would be better also besides the aesthetic value of hiding the incision. Examine your own scrotum when it is warm and slack. the sack wall is very thin but still thicker along the center line ( raphe). Hope I am spelling raphe correctly. Have a bitch of a headache. Cheers.

I think the vertical incision also eliminates the "puckers" at the ends as well

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:10 pm

As part of my research, I found out that more than half of the doctors use the horizontal incision, so it is not that uncommon.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:39 pm

Unfortunately I do not think penile implants is an area of research where by going with what a majority of surgeons do is actually the optimal method. It would be like researching on how most americans manager their money, then making a decision on that. Remember, only a few surgeons do a vast majority of the actual surgeries.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:09 pm

Cnidium wrote:Unfortunately I do not think penile implants is an area of research where by going with what a majority of surgeons do is actually the optimal method. It would be like researching on how most americans manager their money, then making a decision on that. Remember, only a few surgeons do a vast majority of the actual surgeries.

Cnidium, you have proof that only a few surgeons do the vast majority of the actual surgeries?
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Return to “Implants”