The imperfect implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

The imperfect implant

Postby alibaba » Wed May 24, 2017 11:09 pm

I will probably get a lot of flack over this. So be it.

Everyone of we implantees seeks the perfect implant. By perfect most of us in the back of our minds want what we had when we were 16. Natural and hard.
The fact is implants make us hard but they are not perfect. They have tubing. They have reservoirs. They have hard tips on each end. Some have hard extensions. Many have glitchy pumps that sometimes pump, sometimes not, sometime deflate, sometimes not. Some leak, some wear out prematurely. Some leave us with a skinnier or shorter erection or both. Many leave use with a soft glans and areas of numbness. Some have pumps with corners that jut out,. pumps that war with the testicle beside it, pumps that shoot like an arrow into the netherlands, and tiny little buttons you cannot find without a search party. Some are smooth as silk and some have puckers and crinkles in them that stab the crap out of you ( though they get better or you get used to them over time, I don't know which).

I say all this for one reason. Y'all, every one of you, need to have reasonable expectations. No more vacuum pumps. Great. No more needles, great. No more ( hopefully) expensive pills, suppositories or gels ( hopefully). No more erection rings that hurt like a bitch so you stop early or hurry to get done to get that bitch off before it pinches your dick off. With all this they are not perfect. Choose your doc, choose your model, let the man with the meter stick measure to fit and hope for the best. Take your time to heal, take your time to get used to it, learn how to run this damned contraption and be happy if you can. With patience and an open mind most can be happy. Surely your wife will be happy as your old dick, just like a cucumber, had a limited shelf life. Be good to your doctor if he is good to you and makes the effort. These things have limits and each model has its drawbacks so make sure you are clear whether your perceived issues are really issues are just faults of the design of the product. Have an open mind. Your doctors are not magicians. A good doctor does the best he can with what he has to work with and many of us do not give him much there, the basis for our E.D. to start with. If your fellow brothers have issues, encourage them and advise them honestly with your own experience to smooth the way for them. It is amazing how many friends you can make with a little sound advice and a little cheer when all seems sucky. Be well, be hard, and enjoy. Cheers and the best to everyone.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

stiffupperlip

Re: The imperfect implant

Postby stiffupperlip » Wed May 24, 2017 11:42 pm

Amen.
22cm Titan No RTE's Dr. Kramer Oct 2016

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:50 pm

Ali,

I agree with you 100%. However, there are times, as you personally experienced and suffered, that the imperfect implant is plagued with totally unacceptable flaws that it is no longer an imperfect acceptable one; it becomes a totally unacceptable implant.

We all have learned from your experience and other implant failures well documented on this forum, which have help us to set the minimum bar of what should be that imperfect, yet acceptable implant, and which is not.

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

JayGould

Postby JayGould » Thu May 25, 2017 2:11 am

In other words, an implant isn't as good as the real thing.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Thu May 25, 2017 2:24 am

JayGould wrote:In other words, an implant isn't as good as the real thing.

Totally true! However, if well implemented, is the best solution for ED.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

JayGould

Postby JayGould » Thu May 25, 2017 5:50 am

Would you guys care to elaborate on what you are unhappy with?

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Thu May 25, 2017 7:49 am

I don't think it's so much unhappy as it is a statement to prepare others for what to expect. No an implant is not, and probably never will be perfect. It is not natural. I said it once talking about mine. If you want an erection you have to find the pump, pump it up, then find the release button when done and let the fluid out. Nothing natural or perfect there. But it sure beats the heck out of the way things were before the implant, NO ERECTION!
Like Alibaba said, find a good Dr. Follow his/her instructions and you should be good to go in a month or two.
I went almost 10 years unable to maintain or get an erection. Now I pump it up ever morning leave it pumped all morning. Just love walking around with it hard and bouncing every time I take a step. Just like the old days when I would get a morning erection but now it lasts as long as I want. :lol:
Just my 2 cents.
71. ED for about 10+ years to one extent or another. Implanted 9/14/2016 AMS CX 18+3 Fl/ Ky

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu May 25, 2017 8:35 am

We read so many posts here from guys who are desperate, at their wit's end, and seem to want to cling to any solution - no matter how sketchy, unproven, and expensive - as long as it is not an implant. Ali is correct in stating that implants are not perfect and can be defective or improperly installed. However, there is no question that implants completely cure ED and if properly installed can restore a nearly natural sex life with far more control than a natural penis. Snake oil does not cure ED and should be avoided. Possible future solutions are just that - possible and future. But this is now - if you really want a solution and nothing else works, get an implant. ED doesn't get better, and I can attest personally that nothing good happens while you are procrastinating.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Thu May 25, 2017 11:19 am

JayGould wrote:Would you guys care to elaborate on what you are unhappy with?

I have had 3 implants, so the level, amount, type and severity of issues are vastly different for every patient, based on the circumstances of the surgeries.

So, it is not a matter of what we could be unhappy with, but how we manage them. And as important as we patients manage them, obviously, how much your surgeon takes responsibility over the issues and the support he/she provides, is of paramount importance. Plus, to some extent, the support from fellow bionic brothers makes a difference.

ThePlumber

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:00 pm

Not all implants are as successful as mine. What had you rather have? An erection that never quits or a dead dick?
It's your choice. Great post Alibaba. Glad your doing well.
Donnie.
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Return to “Implants”