Infections

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

Re: Infections

Postby alibaba » Sat May 20, 2017 11:33 pm

I believe Cnidium is correct in his statement.

Several studies linked infections to bacteria transferred from outside the body to the inside. Careful pre surgery hygiene, proper prep by your doctor, prophylactic antibiotics, and proper after care should reduce your chance of infection to less than 1%. There are several doctors who have not had an infection in 1-2 years. I am immune compromised with HIV, had 2 implants and no infection, 17 surgeries since compromised including 2 this month. There are several here who are diabetic that had no infection issue. Find a doctor who is willing to put care and effort into his work and do your part then infection should be a very low risk.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

treifsnyder

Postby treifsnyder » Sat May 20, 2017 11:39 pm

There infection rate is very low at baseline- before antibiotic coating, it was about 2-3% of all implants, still, very low! That's with no coating at all. Then.... antibiotic coatings on devices, the baseline infection rate went to about 1%. Which is really excellent. But then, with high volume and the "superstar" surgeons- two guys stood out from the rest, with a less than 0.25% infection rate, only Kramer and Eid. Eid does the no-touch, and Kramer is just the complete, all-around technical machine, no mistakes, operates with fluidity, perfect hand movements, student of the game. Both of these guys, and no one else in the world, would publish or produce infection rates. According to available databases and literature that's out there, and registries that can be mined and viewed, Kramer now has the world's lowest infection rate- due to none in the past 4 years. Pretty remarkable- this is like the DiMaggio hit streak or Cal Ripken game streak, things that are going on today that will never be reproduced and never seen again probably. But anyway, both Kramer and Eid have the world's lowest rates, no one else is close. However, close is actually pretty close- on the margins, most people simply won't get infections.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:41 am

I followed my hospitals protocol to the letter. Special antibiotic scrub, sleeping on clean freshly laundered sheets. Because our 'fur baby' sleeps with us, I slept by myself. Had AMS with antibiotic coating implanted. No infection at all. I was very fortunate. My brother had to have his first implant removed due to infection.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Tue May 23, 2017 10:42 am

treifsnyder wrote:There infection rate is very low at baseline- before antibiotic coating, it was about 2-3% of all implants, still, very low! That's with no coating at all. Then.... antibiotic coatings on devices, the baseline infection rate went to about 1%. Which is really excellent. But then, with high volume and the "superstar" surgeons- two guys stood out from the rest, with a less than 0.25% infection rate, only Kramer and Eid. Eid does the no-touch, and Kramer is just the complete, all-around technical machine, no mistakes, operates with fluidity, perfect hand movements, student of the game. Both of these guys, and no one else in the world, would publish or produce infection rates. According to available databases and literature that's out there, and registries that can be mined and viewed, Kramer now has the world's lowest infection rate- due to none in the past 4 years. Pretty remarkable- this is like the DiMaggio hit streak or Cal Ripken game streak, things that are going on today that will never be reproduced and never seen again probably. But anyway, both Kramer and Eid have the world's lowest rates, no one else is close. However, close is actually pretty close- on the margins, most people simply won't get infections.

Spoken like Dr. Kramer him self. ??????????????????????
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

stiffupperlip

Postby stiffupperlip » Tue May 23, 2017 2:12 pm

I'm really starting to wonder if you're just a troll the way you keep attacking people who have positive things to say about Dr.Kramer.
22cm Titan No RTE's Dr. Kramer Oct 2016

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Tue May 23, 2017 2:48 pm

stiffupperlip wrote:I'm really starting to wonder if you're just a troll the way you keep attacking people who have positive things to say about Dr.Kramer.

I just sent you a PM
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue May 23, 2017 4:40 pm

Let's focus on the infection topic.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Tue May 23, 2017 4:54 pm

In Dr. Kramer's video on youtube where he compares the AMS vs Coloplast, he says there is no difference in rate of infection between an implant with antibiotic coating and one without. Nothing scientific here, just his words.

And Kramer does the no-touch just like Eid does.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

JayGould

Postby JayGould » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:17 pm

How long after the procedure is done is there a risk for infection? Thinking of how long I should stay in the country after surgery.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Cnidium wrote:In Dr. Kramer's video on youtube where he compares the AMS vs Coloplast, he says there is no difference in rate of infection between an implant with antibiotic coating and one without. Nothing scientific here, just his words.

And Kramer does the no-touch just like Eid does.

No, they call it same way, but Eid is more in-line with what can formally be called no-touch due to the physical barriers he places to minimize skin to wound cross contamination.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Return to “Implants”