My Journey Begins....

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Brian1

Re: My Journey Begins....

Postby Brian1 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:08 pm

Day 4....only pain I have is where reservoir was placed in Abdomen. Unfortunately, it's close to where pants waistline hits. Too uncomfortable to wear anything but loose elastic waistband. Wife going to Target or Walmart to get some workout pants larger size. Only nagging real issue I have is peeing. Only pee a little at a time so going to bathroom every hour or so 24/7. Not conductive to real sleep. Have a call into dr about that. I would think sleeping bladder would have resolved itself by now, if that is what it is. I did measure....length is about 5" partially pumped. I can't be exact as there is a lot of swelling so unable to measure from pubic bone. No way am I going to try. Not in pain there and want to keep it that way. Girth is a solid 6". I am surprised at this because it's only about 1/3 to 1/2 filled. It's not swelling as I initially thought but when I felt the corpora on each side, it feels as It did in the old days. Have to wait and se how this all plays out. Glad you're doing good, Bandit. Amazing how surgery of this nature is basically painless by now. How are you doing with the reservoir area in abdomen? Hopefully better than me, but small price to pay. Even at this stage in recovery, I know this as the right thing to do and would do it again. Peace.....
Born 1958. AMS CX - 18cm + 2cm RTEs. Implanted 5/22/17 by Dr John Carroll Of SE Mass. ED for 20 years Venous leak. Tried all PDE5 drugs with little success.

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Thu May 25, 2017 4:46 pm

Brian. Glad to hear your good. No problem with reservoir even though its in same place as yours. Only real problem i have is swelling & minor bruising. Agreed tough to sleep. Pain is not bad at all. Only taking Tylenol still. Hopefully the swelling goes down soon. Girth is pretty big & also swelling at pubic bone. Would say im pumped to 1/3. Not super hard. I also am not about to measure. What i see im happy with so far.
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:07 pm

Brian and Bandit,
So good to hear you both are happy with what you see and doing well. It's wonderfull to be happy and thankful you have a dick that works. Time will heal and you'll be amazed at your bionic marvel.
Again, I am so happy for you!
Reverend Donnie Bryan
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Fri May 26, 2017 11:05 am

Brian1 wrote: It's not swelling as I initially thought but when I felt the corpora on each side, it feels as It did in the old days.

What do you mean by this? I was wondering how its going to feel.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Fri May 26, 2017 11:59 am

Day 4 update. Business as usual. Less swelling. Less "discomfort". incision looks good. As swelling goes down appears less inflated. Has some flexibilty & can bend easiy without pain. Can feel the cylinders with my fingers. Can also feel the pump moving around. Ball sack is still tender. Also some swelling in pelvic area as that was where my reservoir was placed. Whole package is a slight shade of blue (minor bruising). Overall, i feel good. Still doing Tylenol bout every 6 hrs. Alternate with advil which helps swelling. Best position remains lying on my back. A little sore to sit or stand for any amount of time but starting to get a little antsy. Gotta say, i expected a little worse even though i have been reading that rehab is tolerable. So for all my soon to be bionic bros, go for it. Dont look back ! Size wise, i am about 4.5-5" in length with probably 20% inflation. Girth is about 5.5. I expect pumped length to be about 6" & if i can get 20% expansion like the lgx promises i will get to 6.5 & maybe a little extra. This would put me at my pre-cancer size which is slightly above average. I would be a happy camper & cant wait to put it to use.
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

Brian1

Postby Brian1 » Fri May 26, 2017 12:17 pm

Sliphill, what I mean is that to the touch, it feels normal as if there are no cylinders in place. I honestly don't think a wife, significant other would be able to tell the difference. Time will tell and I can't wait to put it to use. Doc originally told me 4 weeks to activation, but when I see him next Friday, I'm going to ask to push that activation date up as I basically have no pain in penis or scrotum. He initially told me prior to surgery that it would be too painful before the 4 weeks. I'm willing to give it a shot he will. Got a lot of time to make up for.
Born 1958. AMS CX - 18cm + 2cm RTEs. Implanted 5/22/17 by Dr John Carroll Of SE Mass. ED for 20 years Venous leak. Tried all PDE5 drugs with little success.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Fri May 26, 2017 1:47 pm

Brian1 wrote:Sliphill, what I mean is that to the touch, it feels normal as if there are no cylinders in place. I honestly don't think a wife, significant other would be able to tell the difference. Time will tell and I can't wait to put it to use. Doc originally told me 4 weeks to activation, but when I see him next Friday, I'm going to ask to push that activation date up as I basically have no pain in penis or scrotum. He initially told me prior to surgery that it would be too painful before the 4 weeks. I'm willing to give it a shot he will. Got a lot of time to make up for.

Cool, thanks for telling me this. Wow, sounds like your recovery is going great. One guy on here said that he tried his out 3 weeks later. Hopefully the doctor will give you the green light early for activation.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Fri May 26, 2017 1:53 pm

Bandit wrote:Day 4 update. Business as usual. Less swelling. Less "discomfort". incision looks good. As swelling goes down appears less inflated. Has some flexibilty & can bend easiy without pain. Can feel the cylinders with my fingers. Can also feel the pump moving around. Ball sack is still tender. Also some swelling in pelvic area as that was where my reservoir was placed. Whole package is a slight shade of blue (minor bruising). Overall, i feel good. Still doing Tylenol bout every 6 hrs. Alternate with advil which helps swelling. Best position remains lying on my back. A little sore to sit or stand for any amount of time but starting to get a little antsy. Gotta say, i expected a little worse even though i have been reading that rehab is tolerable. So for all my soon to be bionic bros, go for it. Dont look back ! Size wise, i am about 4.5-5" in length with probably 20% inflation. Girth is about 5.5. I expect pumped length to be about 6" & if i can get 20% expansion like the lgx promises i will get to 6.5 & maybe a little extra. This would put me at my pre-cancer size which is slightly above average. I would be a happy camper & cant wait to put it to use.

Good to hear Bandit. Another guy who's recovery is going great. I see my doctor Tuesday for pre-opp counsel. I'm going to ask about the LGx, this is the one I want. I was about 5.5 - 6" fully erect, but I haven't been fully erect like that in about 6-7 months. When the injections stopped working, it was sudden. I'd be tickled pink to regain my original length.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Fri May 26, 2017 2:47 pm

Sliphill. Good luck with your appointment. Write down your questions this weekend for your Uro because a lot is going thru your mind. The decision between you & the doc will be the right one for you.

Brian. Your recovery appears to be going as good as mine. Kudos to you & i agree, cant wait to use mine either. Best to you !

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Mon May 29, 2017 7:57 am

Day 7 update. So a week has passed. My swelling & seemingly painfree recovery woke & bit me on the ass. For the last two days, 5 & 6 post- op were a little more painful than i was anticipating. Not unmanagable but definately pain. Still stayed with advil to help with swelling as well as ice. Ball sack swelled & became dark purple in color. Resembled a small eggplant. I stayed immoble. Lying & watching TV getting up only when i had to. Being flat there was little pain. I got up only to eat & use bathroom. Standing & walking was difficult. The weight of my testicles with the swelling & added equipment caused the pulling & pain. Woke on day 7, today, & things appear better. Able to get up & pour a coffee. Walk around the house a little & i am back to discomfort. All in all, not a terrible recovery. As men, this area remains the most sensitive spot on our bodies. So today, i guess more TV, advil & ice. Im blessed that my wife is here to give me everything i need. My next appointment with Uro is 6/6/17. That i think will be my activation day & as it is 8 days away i believe i will be pain free &ready. Time to move on !

Return to “Implants”