My Journey Begins....

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Dionnfr

Re: My Journey Begins....

Postby Dionnfr » Mon May 22, 2017 9:21 pm

Best wishes to you, I'm scheduled for July 10th.
Implanted 07/10/2017 by Dr. Rambarran, Buffalo, NY. AMS LGX 18cm and 2cm rte. Great surgeon and really cares about his patient.

Brian1

Postby Brian1 » Tue May 23, 2017 4:45 pm

Hi guys.....it's official....I'm bionic!!! Was implanted yesterday afternoon. I can honestly say my pain from the implant itself is about a two. Advil can handle that. Surgeon wasn't able to place reservoir in usual place so had to embed it in abdomen. That is where all my pain is. As a result, I'm on a prescription for pain. Also had a drain, which was just removed. Had to be emptied a few times. As a result though, so far no swelling and minimal bruising. He left it pumped up about 30%. Only stitches to be removed are from the drain. The rest are dissolvable along with the surgical glue. Prior to surgery there were two bags of antibiotics, a bag last night and another this afternoon before I was discharged....also keflex to take at home. Hopefully this will ward off an infection. Just felt for pump and feels pretty high up in scrotum. Not sure how that will sure how that will work out. Implant is 20cm with 1 or 2cm rear ed tips..can't remember for sure on the end tips but remeber the 20cm of inflatable device. He said would be hard as a rock and had substantial girth. Don't know what that means in terms of numbers but sounds good to me. He didn't mention length and I frankly was afraid to ask.
Bandit, hope things are going well for you. Let us know how you are.
I need to thank all of you here at Frank Talk. I know without all your input,information, concern and I could go on...I never would have had the courage to take this major step in getting my life back. For the first time in 20 years I feel like a man again.
Born 1958. AMS CX - 18cm + 2cm RTEs. Implanted 5/22/17 by Dr John Carroll Of SE Mass. ED for 20 years Venous leak. Tried all PDE5 drugs with little success.

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Tue May 23, 2017 6:52 pm

Brian. Similarities to your experience. I am also officially bionic. Surgery was done this am at 8. I too have very little pain. I had the reservoir placed in my abdomen as well due to scar tissue from my RRP. I am still in hospital and will discharge tomorrow. I was implanted the LGX. 18cm w two tip extenders. Agreed, looking forward to this new chapter in my life. It been 2.5 years & i am so ready. Also agree that i again feel like a man. This has been a long & emotional roller coaster. I am so thankful for my wife who has been a tremebdous support. But now you & i both turn the page. Say goodbye to the bump in the road we were both much to young to deal with. Now i look forward to putting this sucker to work. Got a lot time to catch up on. I really wish you the best with your recovery.
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

AussieRjay

Postby AussieRjay » Tue May 23, 2017 7:38 pm

Hi guys.....it's official....I'm bionic!!!

Grats Brian!

Just felt for pump and feels pretty high up in scrotum. Not sure how that will sure how that will work out.

Make sure you pull down on it if the surgeon has instructed you to do that. You won't be able to do it, probably, for 24-48 hours due to swelling. After you heal, if you are convinced it's in a bad position, my surgeon told me it can be relocated fairly easily. Don't stress. Relax and recover.

Stay off your feet!

I know without all your input,information, concern and I could go on...I never would have had the courage to take this major step

Same for me. I was done on 9 May and would never have had it done if I had not had the benefit of information and experience from this community.

For the first time in 20 years I feel like a man again.

Isn't it an amazing feeling, even though we aren't even activated yet and have no idea what the end result will look like! It feels so liberating to have finally done something definitive about the problem. Even at this early stage, the ironic thing for those of us who didn't feel like "real" men is that I suspect many "real" men faced with our choice would not have had the guts to follow through. Two decades of impotence mightn't do much for your self esteem, but it certainly appears to foster resilience and determination. Goodness knows we've needed those qualities over the years.

For the first time in 20 years I feel like a man again.

Grats to you too, Bandit!
44yo, venous leak since late teens. Destroyed 2 relationships and all self confidence. Implanted 9 May 2017 by Dr Chris Love, Melbourne Australia - Titan 23cm. Looking forward to a new life.

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Tue May 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Back at you Rjay. So true what you said. Will have a strut in my step for sure. A whole new confidence !
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue May 23, 2017 9:27 pm

Congratulations boys!. Hard decision to make but now all that is left it to lay back (seriously), let it heal, then use it. Heal well!
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Dionnfr

Postby Dionnfr » Tue May 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Way to go guys, can't wait for mine on July 8.
Implanted 07/10/2017 by Dr. Rambarran, Buffalo, NY. AMS LGX 18cm and 2cm rte. Great surgeon and really cares about his patient.

Brian1

Postby Brian1 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:22 am

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. Bandit, congrats!! Wishing you a speedy and as painless as possible recovery. Problems last night were due to constipation. Stomach distended pretty much over a period of a few hours yo the extent that was causing quite a bit of pain where reservoir is placed in abdomen. Another prob appears to be my bladder is slow to awaken from surgery. Been difficult to pee....mad sure I tried every hour throughout the night. Very little came out but I guess enough to keep me out of the ER getting catherized again. If not better in s few hours will call surgeon. So Bandit, talk with your surgeon before. You're discharged. I should have started on a stool softener before I left the hospital. Would have saved me a lot of discomfort and worry. Other than these non implant related problems, as far as the surgery, I'm doing amazingly well. Didn't need prescription pain relief for about 12 hours now....and what I needed I it was for abdomen/reservoir area. No pain in scrotum or penis. More swelling in scrotum but no pain and bruising. I really believe all the pumping I did before surgery made the difference. I even pumped 5 hours before entering the hospital. Didn't know at the time if that would help or hurt, but I feel now that it was best. Don't know what the coming days or weeks will bring, but hoping to stay on the path I seem/hope to be on. Waited a long time for that magic pill but that's all behind us or will be. Dionne...beat if luck to you. I was expecting some pretty horrible pain and it's been just the opposite. I'll measure today to see what I've got. Looks good for a 1/3 To 1/2 filled but the proof is in the numbers. Will check back later today. Bandit, don't forget stool softener. Will save you not only pain but worry. Again guys, thanks!
Born 1958. AMS CX - 18cm + 2cm RTEs. Implanted 5/22/17 by Dr John Carroll Of SE Mass. ED for 20 years Venous leak. Tried all PDE5 drugs with little success.

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Wed May 24, 2017 3:28 pm

Hey Brian. Got stool softeners at hospital but still havent dropped my deuce. Had some stomach pain but passed gas & was better. Been pissin a river so thats not a problem. Thought i would die when they took the tape off. Very painful for a good hour after. Didnt even feel the cath come out but it was smaller than the one used in my RRP which was the size of a garden hose. Some swelling but ice seems to help. I took pain pill for the ride home & remembered why i usually drive. If she missed any bumps will get them next time we go out. But made it home. Didnt bother to fill prescription for pain meds. Will go with Tylenol. As far as size i definately feel full but again there is swelling. Probably inflated to 30%. I am confident that in time and using a stretching routine like Donnie will likely get back to pre-cancer size based on implant size & conversation w my doc. Will go with a good dose of Murelax at bedtime. Havent really eaten that much plus w hospital pain meds i figured to b a little backed up. Would imagine two days more will make big difference for both if us.

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Thu May 25, 2017 9:34 am

3rd day post surgery update. No pain pills. Trying to manage w Tylenol. A little "uncomfortable" sleeping last night. Being home moving around more than i did in hospital i guess. Also contributed to more swelling & discoloration in the shaft. Penis tip is sensitive probably due to clothing rubbing. Also a little sore to the touch. Definitely more comfortable laying flat w a bag of frozen pees on my package. Watching TV. So me and the dog flipping thru channels. Was able to also have bowel movement today. Pain pills contribute to constipation. Murelax at bedtime helped. Overall feel pretty good. I guess what i expected based on what i read from others on FT. As far as implant size, hard to tell due to swelling but length is there.

Return to “Implants”