My Journey Begins....

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Brian1

My Journey Begins....

Postby Brian1 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:37 pm

I saw my Uro this afternoon to discuss an implant. He agrees that it's the only viable path for me as The alternatives have failed I walked into the office having already decided I wanted to go with the Coloplast Titan. The Doc advised me to have the AMS 700cx. He gave a host of reasons but played the infection card saying he felt it is more resistant to infection. I told him that I was concerned with girth and Titan gave more promise. I then mentioned the AMS LGX with the length and girth expansion capabilities. He told me the cylinders he chose would be based on size as well as conditions he finds once he opens the hood, so to say. His office is going to call me with a date for surgery. Even though I've been jumping back and forth to the postings here at Franktalk, I'm confused more than ever what I should do. Since length will not change much,if any, my focus is to girth. Of what I can remember girth with natural erection was 5 - 5.5. Using vacuum pump I can easily attain a girth of 6.25 or more. I don't believe I can get those gains with AMS 700 cx Your input is invaluable to me. I'm not asking anyone to decide for me just spell out some pluses and minuses. I feel rushed now to make this decision and I know I shouldn't be, but surgery will be scheduled this week for some time in the not too distant future....prob next week. You guys are such a supportive, caring and eager to help group I never expected to fall upon...wish I found Franktalk years ago.
Born 1958. AMS CX - 18cm + 2cm RTEs. Implanted 5/22/17 by Dr John Carroll Of SE Mass. ED for 20 years Venous leak. Tried all PDE5 drugs with little success.

dg_moore

Re: My Journey Begins....

Postby dg_moore » Tue May 09, 2017 10:49 pm

IMO, the similarities and differences between AMS and Coloplast implants that we see discussed here on FT are exaggerated and overblown. Both are good products, and neither will give you more length than you were born with. Far more important than your choice of device is your choice of surgeon.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue May 09, 2017 11:04 pm

Brian1,

1- First, do not go to surgery feeling rushed; it has to be on YOUR terms.
2- Second, be very selective of the surgeon you use. Do not get mystified by the glitter and big promised some offere but cannot deliver. This is more common than you think.
3- Make sure that you have the 500% assurance from the surgeon that they will be there for you, not just to guide you throughout the process, but also willing to accept responsibility over any undesirable results and address them and any issues that may arise after activation and beyond.

This is a big step, so doing your homework is essential. Part of the homework is to create a list of all your questions and concerns, and make sure the surgeon answers all of them to your full satisfaction.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Wed May 10, 2017 12:16 am

BTW, if you have any question, just PM me.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:24 am

Utilize either Dr. Eid or Dr. Kramer if you want one of the best. Those are your choices as they are high volumn with infections rates that you can't see, and will always be there. I chose Dr. Kramer fora number of reasons and he is always there for me. I referred a neighbor and he had his done Jan. 22nd, no problems except for what he caused by not following doctors directions. Once he did, went great. CAn't be cutting grass a few days after surgery.

Good luck
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Wed May 10, 2017 7:39 pm

Brian1 wrote:I saw my Uro this afternoon to discuss an implant. He agrees that it's the only viable path for me as The alternatives have failed I walked into the office having already decided I wanted to go with the Coloplast Titan. The Doc advised me to have the AMS 700cx. He gave a host of reasons but played the infection card saying he felt it is more resistant to infection. I told him that I was concerned with girth and Titan gave more promise. I then mentioned the AMS LGX with the length and girth expansion capabilities. He told me the cylinders he chose would be based on size as well as conditions he finds once he opens the hood, so to say. His office is going to call me with a date for surgery. Even though I've been jumping back and forth to the postings here at Franktalk, I'm confused more than ever what I should do. Since length will not change much,if any, my focus is to girth. Of what I can remember girth with natural erection was 5 - 5.5. Using vacuum pump I can easily attain a girth of 6.25 or more. I don't believe I can get those gains with AMS 700 cx Your input is invaluable to me. I'm not asking anyone to decide for me just spell out some pluses and minuses. I feel rushed now to make this decision and I know I shouldn't be, but surgery will be scheduled this week for some time in the not too distant future....prob next week. You guys are such a supportive, caring and eager to help group I never expected to fall upon...wish I found Franktalk years ago.

Hey there. I second what others said, and I add that a user named merrix made a thread a few weeks ago with presentations from a top doc on the technical differences between the two, and the Titan is far superior in erection quality.

Search for the links, or if you can't find them I'll help you. I am on the phone writing this.

Brian1

Postby Brian1 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:41 am

Been awake half the night but have changed my mind again, and going with my original choice, Coloplast Titan. I just have a gut feeling which I've been trying to ignore. If I'm going to go through the surgery and intense pain, then I want to be happy with my choice and have no regrets. In addition to the column strength the Titan provides, the distal end tips are now more rounded and softer, which I bet would make it easier for glans to adapt to. Now I have to call surgeon back today. The guy's going to think I'm losing it....lol. It's too big a decision not to feel comfortable with.
Born 1958. AMS CX - 18cm + 2cm RTEs. Implanted 5/22/17 by Dr John Carroll Of SE Mass. ED for 20 years Venous leak. Tried all PDE5 drugs with little success.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Thu May 11, 2017 7:41 am

PFracture wrote: Hey there. I second what others said, and I add that a user named merrix made a thread a few weeks ago with presentations from a top doc on the technical differences between the two, and the Titan is far superior in erection quality. Search for the links, or if you can't find them I'll help you. I am on the phone writing this.

Excellent advise, read Merrix' postings. I had asked Merrix to write a kindle book but he won't do it - what a pity! I'm glad that I have a Coloplast Titan. I would never want an AMS, glad that my surgeon had told me, no I won't give you an AMS, I have something better for you.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

stiffupperlip

Postby stiffupperlip » Thu May 11, 2017 11:41 pm

I went with the Coloplast Titan and I'm very happy. My erection feels great.
22cm Titan No RTE's Dr. Kramer Oct 2016

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Mon May 15, 2017 8:04 pm

My journey is also about to begin. I am scheduled for my implant 5/23/17. I choose to go with the lgx primarily for the expansion length & girth over time. Had RP 2.5 years ago. Cancer free but no erection. Nerves were spared one side only. Tried pills, gel & shots. It all sucks. Never can be spontanious & those options just are not natural. Nervous but excited. Hopeful cause thats all i can be at this point. I am 58 & my wife us 17 years younger. I am active & otherwise healthy. Need to get this done & move on with my life. Lgx appeared to be y best choice based on my size. I was a "grower" always. Erect was slightl above average @ 6.25 inches with girth over 5.5. Hope to get back to that with the lgx. Can strech to 6". Probably lost .5 to .75 inch after surgery. Again, hopeful !
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

Return to “Implants”