Help/Advice

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Otto78

Help/Advice

Postby Otto78 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi all

I had my implant done by Kramer on 3/15 but am having difficulties. I have yet to have sex which is very frustrating for me and my girlfriend. For whatever reason I cannot get the pump to work. I can get it to 2/3 an erecion really easy. But then the pump gets hard as a rock and nothing. Two weeks ago I was able to use the pump but after 50 pumps and no improvement in erection I gave up. Last week it went back to being impossible to pump.Then Friday I was able to get 7/8 an erection after maybe an hour. That got me hopeful until this past weekend when it didn't work during a trip to AC with my girlfriend.

I am jealous of people who had their surgery after me and are having sex already. Other things about my surgery:

-i had no pain from the surgery. I stopped taking pain meds after 2 days and likely could have sooner. Maybe I wasn't left inflated enough?

-When I saw Kramer on 4/14 I couldn't handle the pain past 3/4 an erection. It was extreme pain. While there I said I still can't get past 2/3 and he told me I just need to practice.

-My penis points to the left and the bottom of the head toward the right. I kind of look disfigured. I do find if I straighten my penis out it is slightly easier to pump. I never had an issue pre surgery of curve.

-While pumped up the pain on shaft is pretty bad. I feel like the right tube is too high and pushes against the skin. Which could explain my pointing to the left.

-A week after seeing Kramer I started getting pain below the butt which I assume is from my prostate? At first it hurt pretty bad. Last week it lessened to a dull pain.

-Lately I have pain while inflated in the bottom of my scrotum like the pump is weighing it down.

-At first I deflated very easily but since then I haven't been deflated fully. I don't mind as it makes me a show instead of grower. I feel like I am wider and stronger than ever but I am definitely shorter thus far. Also my head was the biggest part and i can't get any size above my flaccid state.

-I have just started getting feeling back where it feels like my penis. I can move it by flexing now. However I have still not gotten the onset of a natural erection yet. I used to get sitting at work or at night watching TV a semi. It would go away quickly due to ED but it was there. That hasn't happened since the surgery. While masterbating I seem to get no blood flow to the penis.

-I have leakage after urinating. Especially while wearing boxers. I have been wearing briefs to compensate. Also when i ejaculate it feels like it just flows out where before surgery it felt like a pumping action.

-I have zero issue starting the pump but after 1-2 it gets to rocklike. After maybe 15 mins I can usually get a half dozen more and same thing 15 mins later. I can't tell my girlfriend give me an hour and maybe I can get to 3/4 erect stay in the mood.

I have been reading this forum for about two weeks and have seemed to try everything. My results seem very atypical. Kramer kind of seems put off by my questions. I haven't reached out to him in 2 weeks but I do have an apppointment to see him again on 5/22. I am a healthy 39 year old so the ability to squeeze a pump shouldn't be as hard as it has been.

I finally decide to post since I have run out of ideas. Thanks guys.

jonbaldbg

Re: Help/Advice

Postby jonbaldbg » Mon May 08, 2017 3:12 pm

You hang in there and ask Kramer anything you need to. He is always helpful, but I suspect he may be guarded in what he says when something is wrong.

What you are describing, for the most part, isn't normal. I wish I had great advice about the pump. I had trouble getting pumped up fully for a while but I was resting one of my gripping fingers against the release valve. Now I make sure to just hold onto the tubing to steady while I pump.

There are guys that have to go slow when inflating so that they stretch things out slowly. That has not been my case. I could use some stretch in that I have lost length due to Peyronies.

If there is something wrong with your pump you have every right to ask for a revision. You can even contact AMS directly. Hospitals and Drs. have insurance to cover "redo" surgeries because it is cheaper than losing a lawsuit.

Email Kramer, or call him. He does seem to care about his patients a lot, but I can see where he might try to sidestep if something were wrong.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

Otto78

Postby Otto78 » Mon May 08, 2017 4:18 pm

jonbaldbg wrote:You hang in there and ask Kramer anything you need to. He is always helpful, but I suspect he may be guarded in what he says when something is wrong.

What you are describing, for the most part, isn't normal. I wish I had great advice about the pump. I had trouble getting pumped up fully for a while but I was resting one of my gripping fingers against the release valve. Now I make sure to just hold onto the tubing to steady while I pump.

There are guys that have to go slow when inflating so that they stretch things out slowly. That has not been my case. I could use some stretch in that I have lost length due to Peyronies.

If there is something wrong with your pump you have every right to ask for a revision. You can even contact AMS directly. Hospitals and Drs. have insurance to cover "redo" surgeries because it is cheaper than losing a lawsuit.

Email Kramer, or call him. He does seem to care about his patients a lot, but I can see where he might try to sidestep if something were wrong.

Thanks. I was emailing him the week after the activation session. He was responsive but gave off the vibe that he thought it was a user error. Especially since he had no issue getting it pumped. I don't want to bother him and will wait until my appointment in two weeks. If it is a user error I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

So other issues I have had to add to my list above:

I have felt cold more often. This Spring has felt colder than the winter to me. Not sure if just a coincidence.

I find it hard to do any lower body exercises at the gym. It seems the device gets in the way.

My lower abs seem to always b sore. I don't think it is from working out though.

I have lost my upper body strength. That was expected from the time off but I figured to be closer to where I was by now.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:13 pm

I wish you good luck in identifying and fixing the issues affecting you.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:29 pm

Do you have an AMS or a Titan?
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Mon May 08, 2017 5:41 pm

Otto78 wrote:
jonbaldbg wrote:You hang in there and ask Kramer anything you need to. He is always helpful, but I suspect he may be guarded in what he says when something is wrong.

Thanks. I was emailing him the week after the activation session. He was responsive but gave off the vibe that he thought it was a user error. Especially since he had no issue getting it pumped. I don't want to bother him and will wait until my appointment in two weeks. If it is a user error I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

I have felt cold more often. This Spring has felt colder than the winter to me. Not sure if just a coincidence.

I find it hard to do any lower body exercises at the gym. It seems the device gets in the way.

My lower abs seem to always b sore. I don't think it is from working out though.

I have lost my upper body strength. That was expected from the time off but I figured to be closer to where I was by now.

Otto,
I'm not sure what these other issues would have to do with having an implant other than working out. You do need to stay off bicycles as they can damage the apparatus. The only way to ride a bike would be with a special seat with a cutout in the middle that takes pressure off the pump. I haven't tried it but I would think a recumbent bike might be ok. But you don't want to crush the tubing or pump.

If there's something wrong with the pump Dr. Kramer will be able to tell when you go see him for your follow up visit.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:53 pm

If you have an AMS, there is a possibility that you are never getting the pop that comes when the spool valve moves to the inflate position, and that you are simple shoving some saline around the valve mechanism and partially inflating. Does the bulb stay flattened for a while after each pump ? Can you re-inflate it by pushing on the deflate button? If so that is your issue. You can work through it by hitting the release button before each pump, and being fairly aggressive with your initial pumps until you feel that pop. Then you should be good to go. The more you deform and squeeze on the pump and its parts (the flat ends etc,) the more likely it is that you will get the pop when the shuttle moves.

I hope that helps
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

Otto78

Postby Otto78 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:16 pm

jonbaldbg wrote:
Otto78 wrote:

Otto,
I'm not sure what these other issues would have to do with having an implant other than working out. You do need to stay off bicycles as they can damage the apparatus. The only way to ride a bike would be with a special seat with a cutout in the middle that takes pressure off the pump. I haven't tried it but I would think a recumbent bike might be ok. But you don't want to crush the tubing or pump.

If there's something wrong with the pump Dr. Kramer will be able to tell when you go see him for your follow up visit.

I don't think my list of othe stuff has any impact on the pump. They are just weird quirks that I didn't expect after surgery.

Otto78

Postby Otto78 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:19 pm

shooter1000 wrote:If you have an AMS, there is a possibility that you are never getting the pop that comes when the spool valve moves to the inflate position, and that you are simple shoving some saline around the valve mechanism and partially inflating. Does the bulb stay flattened for a while after each pump ? Can you re-inflate it by pushing on the deflate button? If so that is your issue. You can work through it by hitting the release button before each pump, and being fairly aggressive with your initial pumps until you feel that pop. Then you should be good to go. The more you deform and squeeze on the pump and its parts (the flat ends etc,) the more likely it is that you will get the pop when the shuttle moves.

I hope that helps

Thanks. I get the pop no problem. Then can get two pumps before it gets really hard. If I wait 15-20 mins I usually can get another 6 pumps.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:29 pm

It took me two months for all swelling inside to disappear. Saw Dr. K after 30 days and he said still swollen and not to try pumping till swelling is gone. Went back after two months and it went very well. helped me find release and learned how to pump up. I take about 10 to 14 pumps and I am hard as hell. Be patient and have him check all out.

Good luck
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

Return to “Implants”