Not a slip up, but a slip out

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Boca Grande

Not a slip up, but a slip out

Postby Boca Grande » Thu May 04, 2017 8:40 am

So, I'm talking to my cardiologist about having the surgery. He asks me who the surgeon was going to be. I tell him, then he goes on to tell me about another patient of his which he had just seen that morning. This guy, after surgery with a local doctor, started to have his implant come out. :o He calls the surgeon wanting to get it fixed. The surgeon tells him to immediately go to the ER to have it removed. :o Wow, I don't like the thought of where and how an implant might come out. This surgeon must have been really bad or something. Anybody else hear of anything like this?

DaveET1

Re: Not a slip up, but a slip out

Postby DaveET1 » Thu May 04, 2017 8:58 am

Is Boca Grande just your handle, or do you actually live there? I'm very close, in Cape Coral.

Boca Grande

Postby Boca Grande » Thu May 04, 2017 9:09 am

just my handle.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:09 am

Boca Grande wrote:So, I'm talking to my cardiologist about having the surgery. He asks me who the surgeon was going to be. I tell him, then he goes on to tell me about another patient of his which he had just seen that morning. This guy, after surgery with a local doctor, started to have his implant come out. :o He calls the surgeon wanting to get it fixed. The surgeon tells him to immediately go to the ER to have it removed. :o Wow, I don't like the thought of where and how an implant might come out. This surgeon must have been really bad or something. Anybody else hear of anything like this?

Not that specific situation, but such doctor's attitude is being seen among not just the local ones, but among the ones with "big names", too. That is called passing their mistake over to someone else because there are 10 more patients that they have to see. SAD!
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Thu May 04, 2017 11:11 am

an implant that is eroding out is a known complication that usually happens in the first three months after surgery and is a result of infection or poor surgery technique.

Moral of the story: go to a surgeon who knows exactly what they are doing

that's why your cardiologist asked who will do your surgery. ALSO do everything you can to avoid infection (the dreaded complication) which means take your hibiclens baths before surgery and religiously take all your antibiotics.

PS: of course, if an implant is eroding, it needs to come out: pronto ! (and it would be best to run to the nearest high volume implant surgeon who will have a good rescue plan)
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Thu May 04, 2017 11:41 am

That is more common with patients that have microangiopathy, prior radiation, corporal fibrosis, or decreased distal sensation. Make sure you don't have any of those.

I have really been researching this. Like TANGERINE says do everything you can to avoid infection. I talked with a nurse at Boston University Center for Sexual Medicine. He says that get an experience doctor and it doesn't have to be one of the two that everyone talks about. Make sure you take those antibiotics and get home and ice it ice it ice it. and lay in bed and let it heal. Most of the complication come from infection because the patient started activities to early before it had time to heal and they did not take the antibiotics correctly.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Thu May 04, 2017 1:54 pm

Boca Grande wrote:So, I'm talking to my cardiologist about having the surgery. He asks me who the surgeon was going to be. I tell him, then he goes on to tell me about another patient of his which he had just seen that morning. This guy, after surgery with a local doctor, started to have his implant come out. :o He calls the surgeon wanting to get it fixed. The surgeon tells him to immediately go to the ER to have it removed. :o Wow, I don't like the thought of where and how an implant might come out. This surgeon must have been really bad or something. Anybody else hear of anything like this?

protrusion through the glans so early? was this right after surgery? what kind of procedure? was it infected? was enlargement surgery done on the penis? stretching sliding procedure? lot's of questions that will probably not be answered, but you get an idea. Makes a huge difference. And.... sending the patient to the ER to remove it? makes no sense this.... i mean. Normally it's the urologist that did the procedure that takes care of it?

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Thu May 04, 2017 2:13 pm

Well you would hope the doctor that did the procedure met him ad the ER to remove it
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Return to “Implants”