Two years today

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RelievedofED1

Two years today

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:50 am

Well it has been two years since I took the plunge and had my implant. I still speak with Dr Kramer by email on occasion as I have had to have prostate biopsies and just had inguinal hernia surgery three weeks ago and wanted his opinion since I have a reservoir and implant and didnt want to mess that up. I continue to be amazed at the pace Dr. Kramer keeps up given that he continues to accumulate implantees but two years later continues to care about all of us enough to respond to my emails that do nothing directly to compensate him. Great person annd skilled surgeon. As a physician myself that has had to get care recently I can attest that Dr. Kramer is a very rare and special surgeon.

As to my life with the implant it continues to be all I had hoped for with a firm erection on a moments notice that looks normal and stays hard for as long as I want. No change to sensation. Easier orgasms since I am not anxious about hardness remaining long enough to finish. Size is what it was with normal erection at 7-7.2 inches long and 5.25-5.5 girth depending on the day and level of arousal. Injections always gave me the upper numbers but were unnatural to obtain, lasted forever and delayed sex as well as starting to cause scarring. Penis now appears normal flaccid though bigger than before implant at 6.5 inches long and 4.75-5 inches girth. Occasionally more obvious in clothes than before but the worst i get is an occasional look and smile. I use tight briefs when speaking to audiences or in a business meeting in a suit so able to conceal.

My wife is absolutely thrilled that I am no longer obsessed with my function or lack thereof and is much more relaxed when we are intimate which has led to more sex despite being together for 35 years. Our sex life is almost back to our 20's before kids. The only difference being I am 61 and busier than ever in my life so too tired during the week at times to even think about sex.

I always wonder what it would be like to have had a titan since I am occasionally 0.25 inch less girth than before when i used injections. Maybe the titan would have expanded more but then again maybe it wouldnt be as soft as mine is now when flaccid and I like that it appears soft and natural when I go to the doctor. And not sure why I care since my wife is happy and it works. She is not a big person so we have always had to be careful with my size to not hurt her so bigger is not better. Just being honest about the only thing I ever think about.

I am so grateful that I found Dr Kramer through his videos and then this site to hear about others experiences. I have tried to stay active on the site at times to be sure that it was not just worried pre-implantees and disgruntled post implantees to scare them away but also boringly happy people that got what they wanted out of the implant a stiff penis that works whe you want and for how long you want. Thanks to all of you here also for sharing the good and the bad and your support and kind words. So far so great for me. Onward and upward (pun intended).
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

Donnie1954

Re: Two years today

Postby Donnie1954 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:17 am

Congratulations on two years. Glad all is well with you and yours. I'm 7 months. Doing great.
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Moman17

Postby Moman17 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:42 am

Congrats!!!

I couldn't agree more with your review of Dr. Kramer, what an outstanding surgeon and person.. One of a kind for sure..

Glad to hear your review now two years into your new implant and grateful to read your experience.

RugbyDave

Postby RugbyDave » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:47 pm

Congratulations on your 2 years.

Here's to many more to come.

Dave
Diagnosed at 49 with PC - Biopsy Gleason 3+4=7
Radical Prostatectomy 14/07/08 - PSA now undetectable
ED since op
Implanted with AMS 700LGX - 26/07/13 @ UCLH London
http://rugbydave.blogspot.co.uk

David_R

Postby David_R » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:18 pm

RelievedofED1 wrote:Penis now appears normal flaccid though bigger than before implant

Mine is also bigger when flaccid than it was before implant. I used to be a real "grower," more than doubling when going from soft to hard. Now I am a "show-er," with soft size being just one inch shorter than hard size. :D

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:13 pm

thrilled you are doing so well.

QUESTION: from your reading and discussions, is there anything that you should or should not do to make sure that your implant lasts 15 years rather than 5 years ???
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:56 pm

TANGERINE wrote:thrilled you are doing so well.

QUESTION: from your reading and discussions, is there anything that you should or should not do to make sure that your implant lasts 15 years rather than 5 years ???

I had been inflating daily when I first got the implant but now less per Dr Kramer's suggestion to only inflate when using it. I suspect like all mechanical devices that this one will wear out quicker if used more. That said I am not saving it for a rainy day as who knows how long we have on earth. Hate to meet St. Peter with an intact implant and wished I had used it more. Otherwise no real thoughts as to maintaining the health of my implant. Fingers crossed when not pumping.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:43 pm

I think that once you have reached the maximum dimensions (lack of stretching pains will be one on the indicators), I imagine that if not in use regularly, at least one a week should be OK. Just speculation from my readings about this journey.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

DaveET1

Postby DaveET1 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:11 pm

Yeah, flaccid size is amazing. Mine is just about the same inflated or not. Inflating just makes it hard as a rock, and it feels good that way as well. It is at least as long as the best erection I ever had before all this started.

Return to “Implants”