Lupron and Implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
warrenw

Lupron and Implant?

Postby warrenw » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:19 pm

I know some of us are here as a result of prostate cancer treatments. I had 9 months of lupron in conjunction with SBRT (Cyberknife) and two years later seem to be cancer free. My doctors and I were both surprised that my course of treatment caused ED but it did.

Being relatively young, physically very active, and in good health, I'm now considering an implant. The ultimate irony for me would be getting a perfectly functioning implant and then having a recurrence of the PC requiring going back onto lupron. The lupron kills your testosterone and libido so there is zero sex drive. Then I'd be carrying around a useless implant, likely forever.

So just wondering if anyone else has been in my situation and how it affected your choice to get an implant? -ww
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

dg_moore

Re: Lupron and Implant?

Postby dg_moore » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:24 pm

I have not had PC, but I do have an implant (2008) that has never been used and never will. In my case, a stroke ended my sex life before I had a chance to use the implant. Life with an unused implant has become completely natural to me. On Dr. Kramer's advice I inflate it every now and then to keep the tissues "stretched and healthy," as he says, but other than that I don't really notice it at all. I suppose I could have it removed, but I don't see any upside to having an essentially unnecessary surgery.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

shooter1000

Re: Lupron and Implant?

Postby shooter1000 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:45 am

After a recurrence of PC 8 years post op LRP(gleason score 10). I had 35 radiation treatments and 18 months of Lupron. I was fortunate to get some testosterone back.
Tri -mix still worked for me but the dose required kept on increasing and the results were less and less satisfying. You can read my story on here. If you enjoy pleasing your women, don't hesitate. Even with zero lobido I enjoyed sex during my treatments.
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

Return to “Implants”