Penile Implant - Reservoir Placement

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
PocketRocket

Penile Implant - Reservoir Placement

Postby PocketRocket » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:59 am

I am looking for someone who has had a three piece implant done, but with the reservoir placed outside of the pelvic area. The surgeons will place it in alternative areas, other than the pelvic area, in patients that have had prostate cancer surgery.

What I want to know is some things about your experience with having it placed in an alternative area. Does it show? Is it uncomfortable there? Is it more susceptible to being bumped/broken?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Rocket

cincinnatus1951

Re: Penile Implant - Reservoir Placement

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:40 pm

Pocket:
Have a 18cm Titan with 1 RTE. Reservoir is on the right side about belt level. I can feel it, but it is not visible. Had a robotic assisted RPP. Have no problems with the reservoir. Asked the Doc about continuing to use a roman chair at the gym. He said it would probably not be a problem, but, if I could find an alternate ab exercise, it would be better. I now use the apparatus that you bend with straps over your shoulders and have nothing sticking into your belly.
Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Pocket,

Let me add to Cincy's comments. I too had a prostatectomy. LRP no robot. I also later had bi lateral inguinal hernia repair with mesh. Top it of with 35 radiation treatments and you have about as tough a scenario as you can get. Dr. Kramer was able to use the standard nasal cannula approach and got my reservoir in the usual place. He said it was a bit of a struggle but no real problem . I have been a little sore there, but less each day and expect it to be unnoticeable soon. You can watch him install it on my Video of March 22 on youtube. Louisville slugger will let you know you are in the correct video.
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

PocketRocket

Postby PocketRocket » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:44 pm

Cinci & Shooter - Thanks for your replies. In addition to the prostate surgery (robotic), I had two hernia surgeries and a bowel resection (all in 2016). So the doc (Eid) thought it would be in my best interest to have the reservoir outside of the pelvic area.

Thanks Again,

Rocket

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:09 pm

Dr. Eid does a good job of putting the implant left or right side near navel level. He sent me pictures and I talked to people he did that to. All were happy. I had a prostatectomy plus have had inguinal hernia repairs twice on both sides. Dr. Milam placed the reservoir center below navel but over time it ended up hanging upside down from the hose like a plumb. Miserable and likely part of the reason it did not pump worth crap. Dr. Kramer worked at it but still got mine in the usual place. I can easily feel 1 edge of it but it cannot be seen. I really did not care where it went as long as things worked and it did not cause me pain. This body has been cut into so many times I don't care if I have another scar any more either. 20 some and counting.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

oddjob

Postby oddjob » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:26 pm

If I have one complaint about my AMS 700 LGX is that the reservoir is very noticeable, especially when wearing swim suit/trunks...

To begin with, I have a lean body type, so the surgeon chose to install the "low profile" reservoir and placed it in the pelvic region in "whatever void they could find"...but the reservoir was not tethered to anything, and as such was free to migrate to wherever it wanted to within the limits of the tubing.

Currently, it has settled to the left of my belly button where my belt goes to hold my pants up...in its current location, it makes a large bulge that can't be missed when wearing swim trunks...and I am very self conscious of it.

Post surgery, I began a healthly weight loss program, as I have type II diabetes, and have lost 50 lbs. so far...but although the weight loss has made me much healthier, it also has made the reservoir bulge even larger than it was just after the surgery.

Just my luck, huh?...I am happy with my bionic AMS, but the Army surgeon who performed the surgery (100% covered under TRICARE) is no Dr. Kramer...that's for sure!!!

Joe
Implanted with AMS 700 LGX on July 29, 2016 by Dr. Stackhouse Tripler Army Medical Center
59 yr old type II diabetic with artificial aortic heart valve

Return to “Implants”