Interesting presentations

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
merrix

Interesting presentations

Postby merrix » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:23 am

This one I have posted several months ago, but may be new to some members:
http://www.smsna.org/scottsdale2016/pre ... ns/206.pdf

This one, I have not seen any link to on FT, and it is interesting:
http://www.smsna.org/scottsdale2016/pre ... ns/209.pdf

On RTE usage among high vs low volume surgeons:
http://www.smsna.org/scottsdale2016/pre ... ns/205.pdf

And things can actually go pretty fucking bad with implant surgery as well... This was actually what Eid warned me about as a potential side effect of the Sclerotherapy I did 6 months before the implant.
http://www.smsna.org/scottsdale2016/pre ... ns/238.pdf
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

PFracture

Re: Interesting presentations

Postby PFracture » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:00 am

merrix wrote:This one I have posted several months ago, but may be new to some members:
http://www.smsna.org/scottsdale2016/pre ... ns/206.pdf

This one, I have not seen any link to on FT, and it is interesting:
http://www.smsna.org/scottsdale2016/pre ... ns/209.pdf

On RTE usage among high vs low volume surgeons:
http://www.smsna.org/scottsdale2016/pre ... ns/205.pdf

And things can actually go pretty fucking bad with implant surgery as well... This was actually what Eid warned me about as a potential side effect of the Sclerotherapy I did 6 months before the implant.
http://www.smsna.org/scottsdale2016/pre ... ns/238.pdf

My jaw just dropped reading this... full, great quality presentations that leave absolutely no doubt on issues largely debated here, and that impressively some people still deny and go against. I am sure that there will still be people defending AMS and "how great" the quality of their erection is with that brand, even though the Titan is clearly better in every aspect.

One thing that i was surprised to see, is on one of those PDF's mentioning about the titan sort of expanding in length at higher psi rating. Did you saw that part Merrix?

Also... a link to this highly risky technique to enlarge the penis while putting in a IPP:

http://www.valenzuelaurology.com/upload ... poster.pdf

I so wish the admin would sticky this post for everybody to see! thank you for sharing this Merrix!

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:49 am

Bad things happen when attempts are made to push what nature gave us. Thanks for sharing what can happen Merrix. And as to the differences between manufacturers i think the study only confirmed what pretty much every study has shown that the Titan is stiffer and if you are ok with that when deflated should be the choice for very large penises or very small vaginas etc. due to axial rigidity. Having an AMS CX i am sure I will go down as defensive of what I have but it, and the surgeon that installed it, has done everything I hoped for which is to know that any time I want an erection that is the same size I had presurgery it is there for me and my wife. I never ever worry about it working for as long as I want it erect. It never breaks the mood. There is never any mother may I mood breaker to premedicate with pills or injections. And no prescriptions to pick up.

Always good to get info to put in your mind as to choices. And as always I would suggest try everything else first but if not working and psychiatric issues dealt with then find a great high volume surgeon and discuss if an implant is right for you and which brand they feel is the best choice for you (either brand).
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

David_R

Postby David_R » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:39 am

RelievedofED1, as you can see below in my signature, I started out with the CX model and then -- after 12 years of use -- when it wore out, my urologist replaced it with an LGX. They are different but I like them both. One nice side-effect of the LGX is that it increased my flaccid/uninflated length so that it is just an inch shorter than my erect/inflated length. I went from being a grower (more than doubling when going from soft to hard) to being a show-er (soft is just a little shorter than hard). I love my implant -- and so does my wife!

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Very good post merrix as always. 209 was quite interesting. Cheers man. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:45 pm

Merrix,

This is highly valuable information. Anyone here should benefit from it.

I think this is confirming my unofficial choice of a titan implanted by Eid. Since im only 26, I'm thinking that if I go with Eid, and if he then uses no or less RTE's than Kramer potential would, then when I get reimplanted in the future by Kramer (Eid will retire much sooner), then Kramer will do exactly what Eid did, hopefully.

And then again maybe Kramer would not use any RTE's either, this is just conjecture.

In regards to the link that compared the AMS and Titan side-by-side: I thought the Titan was supposed to expand 'indefinitely', but clearly here it shows that its much more limited in its expansion than the AMS, which grows consideribly at higher PSI.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:45 am

I do remember having a conversation about the sliding technique with Dr. Kramer. I don't remember exactly what he had to say about it but did describe variations and correct me on a misunderstanding I had on the name of one of the variations. Bottom line is he said it takes a lot of time, 2-5 hour surgery just for the sliding part, the risk vs. the benefit is questionable and there is a lot of risk involved. I had mentioned I had considered going to Dr. Walsh in Washington to have the bend fixed and a similar technique. Dr. Kramer is very big on risk vs. benefit and does not like to put you to much risk unless there is going to be a major benefit to the extra surgery.

This it the first confirmation I have seen that it is possible for length expansion with a Titan and the first I have seen with psi pressures. Valuable information for a freak like me who loves details. Thank you again merrix. Today was a good day till the end when I was very sore. These studies make me more confident and feel better about this Titan thanks bud.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:35 am

Guys.... There was a dude here that had the sliding technique a while ago... Do you remember? I think he hasn't been around.... I'll try searching for the thread. He did say he didn't thought he had gained from it?

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:35 pm

Regardless of apparent hand skill during the surgery, what does it matter if both have virtually the same outcome post surgery. From what I can tell one does not get better outcomes than the other. So if RTE's are my main concern, then wouldn't Eid then be the logical choice since he has a lower rate of use for RTE's?

Can someone please answer me this: I swear I remember reading multiple times on this forum that a Titan's material could let it expand indefinitely, only limited by ones anatomy. But these presentations clearly show that it cant. So then the LGX will expand more with higher than the titan? Thanks.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:20 pm

Cnidium wrote:Regardless of apparent hand skill during the surgery, what does it matter if both have virtually the same outcome post surgery. From what I can tell one does not get better outcomes than the other. So if RTE's are my main concern, then wouldn't Eid then be the logical choice since he has a lower rate of use for RTE's?

Can someone please answer me this: I swear I remember reading multiple times on this forum that a Titan's material could let it expand indefinitely, only limited by ones anatomy. But these presentations clearly show that it cant. So then the LGX will expand more with higher than the titan? Thanks.

The medical literature on your expansion question is diametrically contradictory. I have not been able to get a truly unequivocal, unambiguous and incontrovertuble answer.

The most likely truth is that the Coloplast acieves any lengthening by means of buckling and wrinkling of the implant material. The AMS LGX is woven in such a way that it can lengthen by 18% of it's length. This does not actually result in penile length increase, but does set the implant tips into the glans. (This is a tenuous conclusion, though.) The AMS CX weave does not permit length expansion.

The diameter of the AMS devices is said to be 18mm and Coloplast Titan 22mm. Both makers also offer narrower models I will not consider here. No one has suggested that diameter expansion/stretch is an issue. Apparantly the implant inflates to the limit of the tunica or the implnt, whichever is less. Such is my understanding so far, limited as it is.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”