Had revision op yesterday

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
milesyj

Had revision op yesterday

Postby milesyj » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:55 am

They called me in a week early to get my revision op done. Was told they didn't need to change the whole implant as per my previous post but instead re-arrange it and make the implant go into my glans properly and correct the bend by cutting one incision on the left of the shaft.

I had the bandages taken off yesterday and saw that it looks half the length of how it was pre op. I'm panicking now that they've made it shorter so wondered if anyone had experience with this and whether it just comes back after I inflate again? Before it was longer flaccid but the shock it's gone through must have made it retract in like a turtle head! If it's the same implant how could it look so much shorter??
Last edited by milesyj on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diagnosed prostate cancer at 46yrs old. Radical prostatectomy - had Coloplast Titan Zero implanted due to nerve damage. Had revision done 07/04/17 due to tips not being inside the glans.Now tips are in place in the glans and hope they stay put!

maxxxxx

Re: Had revision op yesterday

Postby maxxxxx » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:16 am

Yes off course, if they cutted the opposite side to remove the bend, they certainly shortened penis...This is the "Nesbit procedure"..

to avoid the shortening, its usual to apply the graft in the side of the curve.
And with the implants its very easy, because the penis is already stretched.
Titan 24cm . December 2015

milesyj

Postby milesyj » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:47 am

Thanks. They didn't apply a graft so I take it that's it then my dick is now half the length it was flaccid / erect. I'm deeply depressed then :shock:
Diagnosed prostate cancer at 46yrs old. Radical prostatectomy - had Coloplast Titan Zero implanted due to nerve damage. Had revision done 07/04/17 due to tips not being inside the glans.Now tips are in place in the glans and hope they stay put!

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:52 am

What the name of the doctor? I'm sad to read the content of your posts. All the best to you.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

milesyj

Postby milesyj » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:56 am

Thanks, it was Mr Ralph in the U.K. I'm still confused as to why it would shorten so much. My bend was only 10 degrees so very slight. You think I might gain back my size once it's healed a bit? I remember when I first had the implant put in it seemed really short then also...and then once I started cycling it gained some over a year.

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:06 am

Your previus botched implant was from dr
Ralph also, rigth?? Why you chosed him again ?
:shock:
Last edited by maxxxxx on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Titan 24cm . December 2015

GiRn56

Postby GiRn56 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:27 am

Do you remember when you signed your surgical consent what it listed as a surgical procedure? As a nurse I tell everyone that if they don't understand what they are signing, that it's needs clarified and explained. Never take anything for granted when it comes to your health. I wish you only the best in your recovery and outcome...
Severe Degenerative Disc Disease L5-S1
Major Depression
Chronic pain patient and Meds
Titan OTR 20 cm placed 4/12/17 per Dr Eid.

milesyj

Postby milesyj » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:32 am

They told me if I lost any length it would be minimal. Not a matter of inches.
Mr Ralph and the team at UCLH London are the top in the U.K. for implants and highly reputable so there isn't anywheee else to go in the national health that's better than them...it's not like the US where you can pick and choose. Also I couldn't afford to go privately.

milesyj

Postby milesyj » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:36 am

What I really want to know is, if there's anyone out there that's actually had an implant revision done similar to this where the implant was re-positioned and had it appear shorter immediately after? I can understand if I had severe bending then there would be a visible loss of length but 10 degrees?? Anyway maybe it's too early to tell yet eh.

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:52 pm

I just dont get how anything can be shorter if is the same implant. Its like like the made incisions into the implant, and its like the implant can shrink more than its minimal deflated state. Even if they cut your penis in a way that would make it shorter, it would still be forced around the implants minimum size.

Unless there is a flaw in my logic, or they actually used a smaller implant.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

Return to “Implants”