Implant Surgery 10:30 am March 27th. Journal to follow

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
shooter1000

Re: Implant Surgery 10:30 am March 27th. Journal to follow

Postby shooter1000 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:14 pm

On day 5 I went to my CPA's for tax work. it was a mistake. I should have stayed down. Today is day 6. I would not want a normal schedule. I could if I had to, but I think it would be a mistake. Like you, I have a high pain tolerance and have had a lot of surgery. This one ranks right up there with my LRP, and I had a great surgeon. I took no pain meds the first two day and only Tylenol since. Take it easy my friend a heal.
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:15 pm

Ranman: Don't forget to ice. i used a 2 quart freezer bag filled with ice, wrapped it in a towel and put it under my scrotum and wrapped it all the way up around the penis and onto the lower abdomen. Kept it on all day. Did not do the 20 min on and 20 off routine. i attribute the ice to a quick and pain free recovery.
Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:46 pm

I second that ice bag routine; good advice do it :)
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

Ranman

Postby Ranman » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:14 pm

48 hr update

I thought I was getting a bladder or kidney infection since it burned more than usual and for longer than usual when peeing on day 2. I also began battling a bowel obstruction which I have had 4 times in the past. My temp never spiked and I went on a liquid diet just to be safe until I felt like I knew what was going on. My urine cleared up and my follow up today confirmed I was clean. Dr D unwrapped my bandaging and DAMN I am really swollen and discolored. It hurts as bad as it looks! I did actually feel better after getting my bandages off and he pointed out that he put super glue on my stitches and I can shower tomorrow. I also had not taken my antiboitic yet today since I had not eaten anything and he said that it is not big deal if I skip a day given what I got during surgery. I were a 6 inch support belt for a peristomal hernia which will cover the bulging area where he placed my reservoir and he said this was not a problem.

Dr D says nothing is out of the norm so I just need to take it easy and let the healing process get going full speed. He recommended I buy a jock strap and keep my dick pointed up as much as possible. Next week he said we'll talk about the inflation plan but for now nothing to do. I drove the 40 minutes to the doctors office and have tried to walk periodically to get my gut moving and stretch my legs a little bit. As usual it helped as I just had a bowel movement which means I do not have a bowel obstruction. I took pictures and will try to work up enough nerve to post them soon. Damn those pics are scary!

I feel like I have turned another corner and have the worst behind me.

Ranman

Postby Ranman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:22 pm

I am on week 4 since surgery and unfortunately my journey has not been a smooth one. I was prepared (and warned by my urologist) that the first two weeks can be rough, and indeed for me they were very rough.

Week one required constant pain meds and despite icing, my entire groin was severely swollen. My scrotum was very swollen and combined with the addition of the pump made my testicles extremely tender and sore. Pain med ran out on Sunday and had to tough it out until Tuesday morning. Not fun! I took the entire week off work.

I could not take a second week off of work due to prescheduled commitments so week two started with me back in my office. My doctor continued my pain meds but even with limited walking and adding some padding around my man zone it was tough to get through my days.

Week three started with less pain and the stitches in my scrotum coming out. This was expected so I was relieved when this also came with less pain and tightness in my scrotum. Unfortunately my incision opened up just under my penis and is still open as of today. My doctor has been great and has told me to be patient as it will heal and I will be able to start cycling soon. There are additional layers of stitches inside my scrotum so the doctor says all is well and this is a minor set back. Until my incision is fully healed I cannot begin cycling with the pump.

For those considering an implant I would recommend you buy several boxes of large gauze pads so you can pad your penis and scrotum while you heal. Icing is critical but did not help me in the first week very much, second week did help. If possible I would recommend taking two weeks off of work unless you have a desk job where you can sit comfortably the entire day. I would not want to travel until week two at the earliest. I am still glad I did this and excited to start inflating so don't take this post as a warning to avoid an implant.
My doctor was clear from the beginning that everyone is different so the healing process could be two weeks or two months. Others on this board were also helpful in proving their experiences. I will update in another week or so.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:33 am

Ranman and shooter,
Glad all is well. Keep posting and send pics (if your wife will let you). Mine won't let me. Trust me my implant is awesome. Welcome to our bionic brotherhood.
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Ranman

Postby Ranman » Tue May 23, 2017 9:43 pm

May 22nd Update
Well, my opened incision area finally healed up in the past week and I have started to cycle. I definitely lost some length although I think my girth is basically the same. One interesting side note is that my implant would start to inflate on its own because my reservoir is around my belt line. I have been working on my house the past few weeks and all of the bending coupled with my work belts put pressure on the reservoir and slowly inflate my unit. Dr D says it is unusual but no big deal, so other than needing larger slacks for work I managed just fine. My incision was open and oozing/bleeding up until last week and then it suddenly dried up and healed over. I am cleared for action although as of last night my wife is out of commission for a few days so again I wait. Waiting has been the hardest part. I read on this board about those guys who were cleared after 4 weeks and just thought that would be me. Unfortunately, that isn't me, but ultimately I get to the same end result, just take me longer to get there.

I would definitely do this again and don't have any regrets. I have pictures but haven't been able to upload them. I will post some feedback after I give my new toy a workout!

Return to “Implants”