AMS LGX VS Coloplast Titan from experience.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

AMS LGX VS Coloplast Titan from experience.

Postby alibaba » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:38 pm

Questions often arise asking which it best. I have no idea in the long run but having had and LGX for 13 months and a Titan for 3 weeks and a day I will give you my impressions. None are going to say this is best but there are advantages to both. I think if there were a way to combine the advantages of both and get them in a single implant I would have another revision to get it. Time will tell more I am sure because my experience with the Titan has had a limited run at this point.

LGX. The good:
The flaccid of this thing is spectacular. Other than being a little weightier, I could not tell there was anything in my dick unless I felt toward the glans and felt the hard tips.
The One Touch release works much better than the Titan. Click and forget it is simple.
The buzz you get on deflate makes it easier to tell it is deflating.
Deflated you have a beautifully smooth dick. See Titan comment.
At this point it seems clear to me the LGX will deflate more and softer than a Titan.

The not so good:
It is harder to pump the OTR pump on the AMS than the Coloplast.
It takes MONTHS to tell if you are making any progress on size. I truly think you do but it takes forever to see it happen.
Glitchy damn pump takes forever to smooth out and work well.
I do not think the LGX can ever straighten out a crooked dick. The same factors that give it a beautiful flaccid leave it too weak to fight a bend IMO.
That annoyingly huge square cornered rectangular block on top for the valve.
Pumped up, my dick looked so flat it looked like it had been smashed between two concrete blocks.

Titan.
The Good:
This thing works straight out of the box. No months of pumping to get consistent results.
The pump bulb is much easier to squeeze. This is a Titan One touch release.
The pump is much smaller than the AMS. 28% smaller in volume.
This thing seems to have the power to straighten your dick and grow it from day 1. Maybe not length but certainly girth.
My dick does not seem to have as flat an appearance with the Titan. It is still oval shaped but does not look like it was just slammed in the car door.

The bad:
I do not know if a smooth crinkle free, kink or wrinkle free flaccid is possible with this thing. When deflating it reminds you of wadding up a potato chip bag. Sometimes I wonder if my wife can hear what I feel.
As doctor Kramer put it, Coloplast tried to copy the AMS OTR pump and did a poor knock off copy. The release valve is a little hard to find though similar in size to the AMS. There is no buzz on release. I have no idea if it is deflating or not till I try bending my dick to see.

Overall it seems to me the LGX results in a more slender dick. Over time, say a year or more, I have a strong feeling it will stretch more in line with the Titan new out of the box. If a girl felt your crinkling Titan deflated it would seem to me she would wonder what the fuck is going on inside this thing? There can be a lot of kinks and corners in the Titan and you can feel them move around. If a girl felt your LGX limp dick I do not think she would ever know you had an implant. Both implants would be obvious if she felt your ball sack but to be honest, the OTR Titan pump is so small and not having that cursed square cornered rectangle on top, she would not know you had a pump unless she counted balls.
I may add to this if I have any more thoughts.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Sirsarcastic

Re: AMS LGX VS Coloplast Titan from experience.

Postby Sirsarcastic » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:28 am

Your unique experience was super informative, thanks for sharing! Keep updating us on your experience with the Titan, it's what I'm considering.
23 years old, Canada. Diagnosed with severe peyronies 2 years ago. Corrected by Dr. Brock on Dec 14th 2017. Titan

Lost Sheep

AMS LGX VS Coloplast Titan from Journals and Doctors' experience

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:27 am

Alibaba, thanks for the opportunity for me to summarize this question.

One noted Doctor of vast experience wrote to me this:

There is no appreciable difference between the life expectancies of the different manufacturers. The AMS silicone cylinders are more fragile than the Bioflex Coloplast cylinders and are the most likely cause of failure. Failure occurs because of repeated bending of the deflated cylinders at the location of folds and not at the point where the cylinders are connected to the non inflatable proximal portion. The Coloplast tubing that connects the cylinders to the pump is the Achilles heal of this device brand. The tubing is outsourced and not manufactured in house, is not as good as the AMS tubing and is prone to fracture after 10 years of use. As you can see both brands of IPPs have their advantages and disadvantages.

I have been trying for months to reconcile the following two conflicting assertions, both from respected medical journals written by experienced surgeons:

One says, "Coloplast Titan has unlimited expansion in both length and girth" and the other says, "The Titan and Titan Narrow cylinders expand in girth but not in length."

Here are fuller descriptions of the quotes:

In journal article, "Vacuum Preparation, Optimization of Cylinder Length and Postoperative Daily Inflation Reduces Complaints of Shortened Penile Length Following Implantation of Inflatable Penile Prosthesis" by Tom Sellers, Martin Dineen, Emad A. Salem, Steven K. Wilson: Advances in Sexual Medicine, 2013, 3, 14-18doi:10.4236/asm.2013.31003 Published Online January 2013. I found a puzzling passage (page 17 in the journal, page 4 in the article, bottom of the left column. It said

the AMS LGX expands up to 20% in length (between flacid and erect) but the Coloplast Titan "has unlimited expansion in both length and girth".

http://file.scirp.org/pdf/ASM_2013012514045982.pdf

Dr. Bruce B. Garber in an article written specifically to compare AMS and Coloplast devices states wrote:The Titan and Titan Narrow cylinders expand in girth but not in length.

(Garber, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia "Inflatable penile prostheses for the treatment of erectile dysfunction; an update in Expert Reviews, Med Devices, 5(2), 133-144 (2008) 610-613-9251)

http://garber-online.com/pdf/PenileImpl ... ew2005.pdf

Inquiries to Dr. Dineen (m.dineen@auafl.com) and Dr. Garber (bgarber@comcast.net) received no response.

I have also been told that the Silicone/Dacron/Silicone body of the AMS products give the greater flexibility in the flaccid state. The CX, not able to expand in length is more dimensionally stable than the LGX but neither are as dimensionally stable as the Coloplast devices, since they are made of a different material. The Coloplast achieves a certain amount of lengthening by means of what Dr. Eid described as "accordion-like folds". Apparently, these folds are what account for the "crinkliness" of the flaccid Coloplast-implanted penis.

I hope these observations I have gathered since beginning my research this past Autumn are helpful. The AMS and Coloplast representatives have been of NO help. :(
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

robertm

Postby robertm » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:22 am

I have heard that the Titan is only used on larger men. those that are normal to below normal size would not use the Titan. Is that true?
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:35 am

Alibaba,
What about the hardness lgx vs titan ?
Titan 24cm . December 2015

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:00 pm

robertm wrote:I have heard that the Titan is only used on larger men. those that are normal to below normal size would not use the Titan. Is that true?

In general, yes. The Coloplast has an advantage in longer penises because the moment of inertia (engineering term of art also corresponding to "beam strength"). This gives an advantage if the "beam" is longer. Also gives greater "straightening" power if the penis is bent, as with Peyronie's disease, fracture, etc.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Tenk11

Postby Tenk11 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:44 pm

alibaba wrote:Questions often arise asking which it best. I have no idea in the long run but having had and LGX for 13 months and a Titan for 3 weeks and a day I will give you my impressions. None are going to say this is best but there are advantages to both. I think if there were a way to combine the advantages of both and get them in a single implant I would have another revision to get it. Time will tell more I am sure because my experience with the Titan has had a limited run at this point.

I realize there are pros and cons but knowing what you know now, which one would you pick in a vacuum? If you could have a single implant since the beginning, which device would you pick?
36 years old. Coloplast Titan OTR implanted on 6/1/2017 infrapubically. 20 cm cylinders (no rear tip extenders) with a 125 ml reservoir. So far so good!

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:07 pm

Tenk11 wrote:I realize there are pros and cons but knowing what you know now, which one would you pick in a vacuum? If you could have a single implant since the beginning, which device would you pick?

I realize I am butting in, but feel compelled to point out that comparing two (differing in construction) quality products, one of which was incorrectly installed and the other expertly installed is a difficult task.

Alibaba is certainly up to it, though, since he not only has had the experience, but also done extensive research and thinking on the subject.

I look forward to the answer.

Please forgive the effrontery of my intrusion,
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:22 pm

I tried to give a perspective not related to the crappy install.

I would say I like the AMS cylinders best due to the natural feel.
I like the pumping bulb and pump size/comfort on the Titan best.
The release valve works better on the AMS. I would not want another AMS pump.
If AMS would make bigger cylinders and improve their pump more like Coloplast I would take an AMS. Likewise if Coloplast would improve the release valve and make cylinders more like AMS, I would prefer it.
At this point you have to decide if you want a crinkling flaccid with folds or a smooth natural flaccid with a shitty pump. Both show potential for an implant installed correctly to be awesome.
I had to go with the model that had the most chance of straightening out this bent dick. Coloplast was supposed to be stiffer. It is getting it straighter but seems easier to bend to me than the AMS was but it is keeping this thing straighter at half pumped than the AMS would at full pump. There definitely is a flopping hinge at the tip extender though. I DO NOT like tip extenders at this point. If you want a 2:00 erection like my natural one always was, this tip extender dick is not going to do it.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:44 pm

robertm wrote:I have heard that the Titan is only used on larger men. those that are normal to below normal size would not use the Titan. Is that true?

Not true. I am of average size and Dr Kramer recommended the Titan for me.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “Implants”