AMS LGX VS Coloplast Titan from experience.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TANGERINE

Re: AMS LGX VS Coloplast Titan from experience.

Postby TANGERINE » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:13 am

REGARDING THE INTERESTING JOURNAL REFERENCE MADE BY LOST SHEEP ON UNLIMITED GIRTH:

"....the AMS LGX expands up to 20% in length (between flacid and erect) but the Coloplast Titan "has unlimited expansion in both length and girth......".

I have done some research on this and there is a very nice summary review by Dr J Francoise Eid on the topic. I do remember having a very lengthy debate with Dr Eid on Coloplast versus AMS. He stated something that I did not fully appreciate during the debate, the statement was that "Titan is Tunica limited in girth " while the AMS is "limited by the cylinder mesh". So, Titan will have "unlimited expansion" since it pushes all the way out to the patient's tunica (which covers the cavernosa.) In my own words, "it fills your dick out to the maximum possible girth", and with time, it "might" even expand the girth.

This is what I think am noticing with my Titan (I am six weeks postop), it has improved my girth. For me, I really wanted as big a dick as possible. I have learned that girth is more important than length in terms of female satisfaction, so my feeling was : "I will do anything possible to get the biggest girth" . Therefore, Titan was a must have for me, and I accordingly flew six hours from west coast over to New York City to have the "king of the Titan" install my implant. I am super happy with the result.

Now for some technical talk excerpted from Dr Eid's discussion:

COMMENTS BY DR EID: "... I find that the Coloplast Titan cylinders give a great axial rigidity. I......The material -- the Bioflex, it's very durable -- but also the device is tunica-dependent. In other words, it will continue to expand to the tunica albuginea. It is not limited by a mesh that will limit its expansion. So patients will get a much, much firmer erection. Now, in addition to that, the Coloplast cylinders give the penis a nicer, rounder appearance. And the reason for that is that when the device is inflated, the cylinders will touch each other on the midline. As this occurs, the urethra, which is below the cylinders, is pushed down, and it gives the shaft of the penis a rounder circumference and more natural look....."

REFERENCE SITE: "Renal and Urology News April 2014, J Francois Eid, MD: Benefits of the Coloplast Titan"
http://www.renalandurologynews.com/web-exclusives/j-francois-eid-md-benefits-of-the-coloplast-titan/article/344561/

For those of you who like youtube video, here is a six minute video discussion by Dr Eid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX4XlIcMYCw
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

treifsnyder

Postby treifsnyder » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:51 am

Actually I know for a fact Kramer and Eid and identical with rear tip philosophy- both against them. I can summarize exactly what Kramer told me- same as Alibaba said. Devices AMS come in 18, 21,24. Titan come in 16,18,20,22. If you're 23, or 19.5, or 21.5, etc. then you have to make up the difference with tips, there is no choice at all. Kramer just won't go more then 2cm, he'll just up to the next size device. No one pushes the envelope with sizing and oversizing than Kramer, and those tips are way down there, so at least that's his take on it. Dr. Kramer was actually more emphatic on his non-reartip philosophy than almost anything, he hates then unless forced to use them.

merrix

Postby merrix » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:18 am

treifsnyder wrote:Actually I know for a fact Kramer and Eid and identical with rear tip philosophy- both against them. I can summarize exactly what Kramer told me- same as Alibaba said. Devices AMS come in 18, 21,24. Titan come in 16,18,20,22. If you're 23, or 19.5, or 21.5, etc. then you have to make up the difference with tips, there is no choice at all. Kramer just won't go more then 2cm, he'll just up to the next size device. No one pushes the envelope with sizing and oversizing than Kramer, and those tips are way down there, so at least that's his take on it. Dr. Kramer was actually more emphatic on his non-reartip philosophy than almost anything, he hates then unless forced to use them.

Words. Which when I read them didn't match the feeling I had. But since I don't like to base what I say on feelings, guesses and speculation, I spent an hour doing some research.
I looked at the information we can find here on FT for the last 12 months on guys who have done their surgery with the two docs you mention, and I looked at who leaves more patients without any RTEs at all, and how many cm RTEs they use on average.
From what I can find (and I can have missed some guys and be wrong - but I don't think so), there is a clear difference between the two of them. Based on the guys who have had surgery with these two docs, and who post details about their implants and their RTEs, only one of them live up to what you state in your post that both of them they say.

My own signature (and the lack of RTEs in my dick) is one hint to the result of that hour of research..
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:10 am

From what I can find (and I can have missed some guys and be wrong - but I don't think so), there is a clear difference between the two of them. Based on the guys who have had surgery with these two docs, and who post details about their implants and their RTEs, only one of them live up to what you state in your post that both of them they say.

Correct, that's why I would think twice before going to Dr. Kramer.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

stiffupperlip

Postby stiffupperlip » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:30 am

C_Lab34 who went to Kramer has an AMS CX 21cm with 3 1/2 RTE. According to his post here is why:

I just had an email exchange with Dr. Kramer on the use of RTE's. If you've watched my video, you may have wondered, as I have, why he installed a 21 cm device with 3 and a 1/2 cm RTE's, instead of going with a 24 cm device with just a 1/2 inch RTE. Well, given how difficult it was to dilate and measure my fibrotic corpora, the 21 centimeter device with 2 RTE's initially seemed to be the right fit. But it turned out that more space was available. By the time it was clear to Dr. Kramer that at least 24 cm's of space was available, considerable trauma had already occurred, and the procedure had already dragged on for longer than is typical. At that point he could have decided to entirely replace the 21 cm device for a 24, but that would have been even more traumatic, and extended the procedure time at least another 15 minutes. It would have meant a lot more bleeding and exposure time, he would have had to completely refire the furrow which channels the device through the corpora, and splice the pump. On the note of erection stability with RTE's, I was told that they are a full 7 cm's below the skin level, and that I will never feel them. Dr. Kramer says that up to 6 cm's of RTE's are not palpable, and that there is no hinge effect with up to 5 cm's of RTE's. So I should still have good erection stability at the base.

I didn't get any RTE's so I'm grateful.
22cm Titan No RTE's Dr. Kramer Oct 2016

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:02 pm

Again this morning I bent my dick down and felt where the pivot point is. It is behind the pelvis in the crus. I can clearly feel where it bends. This morning I pumped 40 pumps in it. I asked this a long time ago and I wonder again. What keeps the thin part of the tip extender where it snaps on from splitting if it has this much bend? Must be some good plastic.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:48 pm

hmmmmm gosh that criticism is really harsh and likely based on incomplete information. Please realize you are publicly criticizing an esteemed surgeon who has been a teacher of residents at the world recognized Sloan-Kettering Memorial Cancer Center along with the Ivy league medical school Cornell School of Medicine.
Also, You must realize that it is quite easy for a surgeon to use the rear tip extenders to make an "undersized" implant extend all the way into the glans. I believe that Dr Eid a "master surgeon" strives for a super optimal result that will make his patient's and their partners happy.

There are two specific maneuvers that Eid performs that you should be aware of (and admiring of):

1) It is very expensive to "throw an implant into the trash. " There can be occasional situations where a surgeon places a 22 CM titan, and then realizes at the test inflation, that it was "not ideally long enough." Dr Eid decided to throw that implant away and place a 24 cm. This meant that he spent more time making everything perfect, and spent hospital or Coloplast money since the "short" implant was discarded. This is obvious behavior of a surgeon who puts the interests of his patients "above everything else"

2) My personal story: I have a 22CM titan. Importantly, somehow, Dr Eid was able to modify the Titan such that the left cylinder is 21 CM and the right cylinder is standard 22CM. Both my wife and I JUST LOVE the 22 cm Titan. I have zero pain at the base of the crus. Certainly, it would have been easier to just place a 20 CM Titan with a 2 CM RTE on one side and a 1 CM RTE on the other. Yet, Dr Eid opted to "stuff the largest possible Titan" into my dick. He pushes the envelope on length, and I am ETERNALLY GRATEFUL TO HIM.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:59 am

To disregard Dr. Eid on the basis of 1 person's issue is a little harsh especially considering the volume of implants this man does. The person who had the issue also had revisions with another doctor(s) and found issues with his( their) work too. Putting that aside, where would any of us be without doctors who make the effort to find better ways? Malleable rods? Those things have presented real horror stories. Trial testing to see what works and does not requires the participation of some of us for the betterment of all. You can't do it with a fiberglass test dummy. Dr. Eid tried something that makes sense in many respects. It did not work for Panhead. Sad that it did not, but it does not make Eid a bad doctor for trying. Certainly the fact he did what he did shows he was putting every possible effort into trying to make it the perfect implant.Why it did not work for him when it did for others is not something I can explain. When you compare that to the doctors who do assembly line sloppy implants with high pumps, short cylinders, 12 minute installs and 50% of their work is unacceptable to discriminating people or needs revision, there is no comparison. I also know that Dr. Eid does not modify implants any more so that issue is NOT an issue now for him or any other doctor. So that throws back to Dr. Eid is still on the list of the best, plus he has a 10 year warranty on his work that no-one else offers. You all know I will trash a doctor that I have issues with. I will also stand by one who I think does all he can to try to give you the best infection free no size loss perfect implant and good service to boot. I've made several friends here plus have communicated with Dr. Eid dating all the way back to 2009 about my prostatectomy issues long before I knew implants existed or desired to have on. I have no doubt he is a good man, a skilled surgeon, and if I met him would have no problem giving him a hug for taking excellent care of the friends I have met here. I place a very high value on good service, good work and people who take good care of my friends. Should I need another implant and insurance issues are not a problem I would have no problem with Eid doing mine just the same as Dr. Kramer. Cheers.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

DougYetii

Postby DougYetii » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:59 am

FWIW I have a 22cm Titan with 1.5cm tips and can hang 2 bath towels on it….. It does not hinge.
Implanted 9/6/2016 by Bruce Garber
Titan 22cm with 1.5 tips.
lost 3/4 inch, gained it back over the year. Currently 6.5l by 6.25g.

Best decision ever!

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:28 pm

DougYetii wrote:FWIW I have a 22cm Titan with 1.5cm tips and can hang 2 bath towels on it….. It does not hinge.

Interesting. I have the same size implant and extenders and my dick can swing like a barn door in the wind. One person told me after a couple months more healing and getting closer to 50 pumps than 40 will take care of most of that though. Will see. Today is week 4.

Return to “Implants”