In Baltimore Kramer's first on Wednesday

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Poole-Johnson

Re: AMS 700 Pump difficulties

Postby Poole-Johnson » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:41 am

Hi this is the first time writing in. I had a AMS 700 implanted 1st June. Very tender after the operation so really only a few days ago (now early August) did I try inflating and deflating. Using this device as others say requires dedication and discipline. First the bulb was seemingly rock hard. Took a lot of pressure to even half inflate the first time bruising the scrotum and being quite painful. I tried pressing the release block before and that helped a bit. However I still cannot manage a fast quick hard first inflate press of the bulb.

Next, It would help if someone can describe how the release bulb actually works. This information does not seem available but would definitely help a lot. The button on the block is not a button! It is simply a marker to show where you have to press. Again they do not make it clear. The reason you need to press for at least 4 seconds is to give the block time to depress. You need to feel the block actually depressing a few millimeters before it works. At the same time I have to squeeze on the penis very hard to deflate. Half the time only it works and I feel the fluid going through the tubes as it deflates.

Inflation is also hard work. As this is the first week again I find surprising amount of pressure is needed to get even a three quarter compression of the bulb ... .nevertheless this seems to inflate ok.

I am wondering if anyone else has found the starting to use process as difficult and painful as I have. Semi inflated yesterday and now scrotum sore so will have to wait for a few days before trying again. Has anyone else had the same experience?

Appreciate any advice of comments from others. Thanks.

shooter1000

Re: In Baltimore Kramer's first on Wednesday

Postby shooter1000 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:16 pm

PJ,

I am guessing that you are not getting the proper pop with the shuttle valve. When you push on the release valve you are moving a tiny metal bar away from your thumb. That opens the system to the reservoir. To inflate, the hydraulic pressure of your first pump is supposed to move that shuttle back the the inflate position and you will feel a pop when it does. If the valve doesn't pop you are partially inflating by pushing hard enough to push fluid around the metal bar. Try pushing in the release button as far as you can before each try to squeeze the bulb until you feel the pop. On new implants, it seems that the continual pushing helps free up the shuttle until it finally goes. Once you feel the pop go for total inflation and it should be fairly easy. It also helps to use the Kramer squeeze for the first pump. Thumb and first two finger equally spaced around the bulb, and near the top by the valve. After the pop the thumb and finger squeeze works better for me.

Hope that helps

Good Luck
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

lecikd001

Postby lecikd001 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:19 pm

This is the exact problem I am having. I will try the suggestion of shooter and post back.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:48 pm

shooter1000 wrote:PJ,

I am guessing that you are not getting the proper pop with the shuttle valve. When you push on the release valve you are moving a tiny metal bar away from your thumb. That opens the system to the reservoir. To inflate, the hydraulic pressure of your first pump is supposed to move that shuttle back the the inflate position and you will feel a pop when it does. If the valve doesn't pop you are partially inflating by pushing hard enough to push fluid around the metal bar. Try pushing in the release button as far as you can before each try to squeeze the bulb until you feel the pop. On new implants, it seems that the continual pushing helps free up the shuttle until it finally goes. Once you feel the pop go for total inflation and it should be fairly easy. It also helps to use the Kramer squeeze for the first pump. Thumb and first two finger equally spaced around the bulb, and near the top by the valve. After the pop the thumb and finger squeeze works better for me.

Hope that helps

Good Luck

Shooter, I have been pumping my LGX for about a month now. My length has expanded quite a bit, but not so much in girth. When did you start to see the girth expansion?
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:12 pm

That LGX pump softens up in time, a couple of months, and can even pump it one handed. Do note this, the LGX and I think the CX also "sing" when deflating from full inflation. Another note, do not stop abruptly when squeezing your penis down. This can cause a pressure surge and put the pump back in inflate mode. Once you learn it you will love the pump. You may find that it takes two squeezes separated by some time to get things as flaccid as you would like; it did for me.

I am now getting ready to learn the pump for the CX. I wore out my LGX. Another note my surgeon choice was for an excellent but lower volume surgeon who also just happens to be my urology oncologist and my wife's urologist. He has great patient rapport and is more readily available and I only had to go 30 miles to the hospital and one of his offices, the other is on 20 miles.

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:36 pm

My pump continues to get easier and more comfortable to use. I still have to give the valve an extra squeeze most of the time but it works quickly. My girth only gradually increased, and it has not changed all that much. I now have the oval cross section common to most of us with implants. I am thrilled at the satisfaction my partners have with the implant
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:49 am

shooter1000 wrote:My pump continues to get easier and more comfortable to use. I still have to give the valve an extra squeeze most of the time but it works quickly. My girth only gradually increased, and it has not changed all that much. I now have the oval cross section common to most of us with implants. I am thrilled at the satisfaction my partners have with the implant

I can't imagine pumping with one hand, it's so slippery. I have to hold the pump on the square area with one hand while I pump with the other hand.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:42 am

sliphill wrote:
shooter1000 wrote:My pump continues to get easier and more comfortable to use. I still have to give the valve an extra squeeze most of the time but it works quickly. My girth only gradually increased, and it has not changed all that much. I now have the oval cross section common to most of us with implants. I am thrilled at the satisfaction my partners have with the implant

I can't imagine pumping with one hand, it's so slippery. I have to hold the pump on the square area with one hand while I pump with the other hand.

Sliphill;
Every video I have watched shows it, and tells you, to pump with two hands. I think if you can manage to do it one handed, that's great, but two handed is the suggested norm.:)

Larry

David_R

Postby David_R » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:59 pm

sliphill wrote:I have to hold the pump on the square area with one hand while I pump with the other hand.

That is exactly what I've been doing, too.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:04 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
sliphill wrote:

Sliphill;
Every video I have watched shows it, and tells you, to pump with two hands. I think if you can manage to do it one handed, that's great, but two handed is the suggested norm.:)

Larry

That's ok, it doesn't bother me. I love how the pump works. :D I guess for someone wanting to conceal their implant, it would definitely dictate that they pump up in the bathroom. :lol:
Ed (sliphill) 68

Return to “Implants”