Baltimore Weather

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
longdayze

Baltimore Weather

Postby longdayze » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:07 pm

I tried getting a flight to Baltimore today instead of the one I schedule for tomorrow to try to beat the weather. All flights were off, not sure when anything will be flying to the east coast this week? I had a non-cancelable Delta ticket and went on Expedia and spent $375 at 9:30 this morning, supposed to depart at 2:30 and by noon they moved it to tomorrow at 12:49. I've been on hold with Expedia for over 90 minutes, I've hear the Eagle sing the Hotel California at least 3 times, dam good song but too freakin long of a wait. It seems our friend at American Airlines will charge me $200 for a flight I tried to cancel 3 hours after I booked because of them moving it. Any suggestions, I hate getting screwed over with all the expenses I already incurred.
SAM I AM
Had Titan 18cm + 1cm RTE on 1-5-17, blotched surgery, cylinders short. Had revision on 3-15-17 Dr. Kramer to a Titan 22 +1 RTE. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiEZyTjSM2M

Sam

williamb

Re: Baltimore Weather

Postby williamb » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:38 pm

I am sorry about that, I know that it will be a huge disappointment. Just heard on the news that over 6000 flights have been cancelled and the Presidents's meeting with the German Chancellor has been re-scheduled. So even President Trump's flight was cancelled. Good luck in the future.
Dave
born 1949, Cancer 2014, 1st Implant AMS CX 18 + 3 RTE, Oct 2015 by a Houston Doctor. Left with loss of length, Floppy Glans and pain, a very poor job. Revision in Dec 2016 by Dr. Kramer, 21 + 3 1/2 RTEs, LGX, Regained length, Glans supported and no pain.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:21 pm

Man that sucks. Just a thought. Any chance of getting a flight within a few hours driving time then taking a rental? Delta had great customer service for us but took about 3 days to get an answer. Crap like that is why I paid for the $40 a person insurance. Latest forecast I saw called for 2-5" at BTW. That does not seem much to me. Further north a lot more. I would assume one reason they cancel flights is when connecting flights cannot fill the plane.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:25 pm

I have had some degrees of success getting refunds on tickets, even non-refundable ones. Especially when cancellatiins due to weather is concerned, you may be able to talk a kindly supervisor into waiving their requirements.

I wish you good luck with that (as well as your surgery). Just remember the airline employees are swamped with inconvenienced travelers. Maybe not as inconvenienced as you, but they don't know that unless you mentioin it.

I just write to encourage you with the fact tgat waivers ARE possible.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:26 pm

Dr Kramer will have no problem seeing you 5 minutes before surgery. I did not see him till the morning of surgery. If you can take tomorrows flight just email him and let him know. Very understanding guy. Don't stress it if you can still get there before surgery time. Just let him know. Missing the office visit will not kill the deal with him I am certain.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Lost Sheep

Re: Baltimore Weather & Airlines

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:18 pm

The airlines found out the hard way a few years ago when ubexpectedcstorm groubded planes willy-nilly. It took them a week to get back on schedule. Planes had been grounded in places where tgey could not be properly serviced/fueled/etc and passengers housed,

They found it is better to ground planes in an orderly fashion in advance of the weather, in places where they could be staged for an orderly re-entry into regular schedules.

It is complicated, but ultimately less painful for the totality of the traveling public, they say.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:06 pm

if you can take Delta home (don't know about others), get a wheel chair as soon as you go in the door of the BTW terminal when you are going home. They will take you direct to your flight . Have them leave the chair and stay in it. They will give you priority boarding and every stop on the way home meet you at the plane with a chair and take you direct to your next gate. You don't have to lug your stuff, no hunting around, bathroom stops, easiest way to travel and not have to walk 40 gates to the next. I tipped $5 each time. Well worth it. Seemed $5 was the average tip from my observation. Delta always had someone waiting after Baltimore both in Detroit and St. Louis. They will help usher you through the TSA in your own lane though I had to walk that part with a stiffy that got the "look" from the poor gal, but speeds the process up, a lot less stress.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:32 pm

alibaba wrote:Dr Kramer will have no problem seeing you 5 minutes before surgery. I did not see him till the morning of surgery. If you can take tomorrows flight just email him and let him know. Very understanding guy. Don't stress it if you can still get there before surgery time. Just let him know. Missing the office visit will not kill the deal with him I am certain.

I think this is a very true and plausible effort to make it happen on Wednesday. He is such a great human being...!!!
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:05 am

I just talked to Dr. Kramer and he said he will make it happen. I also just see they upped the forecast to 12" of snow from 2-5 for Baltimore. That is a city that knows how to handle snow though so hang tough. It is not like 2" in Dallas.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:07 am

I would say if you got there by noon Wednesday you likely be good yet. Whole different class of medicine there.

Return to “Implants”