WIsconsin Implanters

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rlm1818

Re: WIsconsin Implanters

Postby rlm1818 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:56 am

Dash --

Glad you have access to good docs at the VA! But, 4 surgeries, wow! Were they all implant related, or were some related to something else (eg cancer)? I would love to know more about your implant experiences, if you would care to share them. What make/model? How has the recovery been? What kind of "fix" was needed? etc.

I have tried all the main ways I can think of to get an appointment with Langenstroer, with no luck, as posted above (I'm not a vet, so the VA wouldn't be an avenue for me). The person who told me I couldn't see Langenstroer and had to see Pryor instead, and that Langenstroer didn't do implants anymore, claimed to speak for both Lanengstroer and Pryor, though she called me back after I left a message with Pryor's office looking for more information. I notice that Pryor is not on the VA staff, while Langenstroer is, so the situation at the VA might be different from the Medical College/Froedert Hospital.

In any case, if/when you see Langenstroer again, I'd be really interested to hear what he says about his availability to his former ED patients who are interested in implants.

Hope your recovery goes well and that everything is now as it should be!
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

Dash Riprock

Re: WIsconsin Implanters

Postby Dash Riprock » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:20 am

Wow Rim, where to start...I had my original surgery performed by Dr. Kressin (God, I miss her!) on new years eve, 12/31/2010! She did all her surgeries at the VA on fridays for some reason. The surgery was for Peyronies and I had a severe case with my penis pointing straight down at erection! Looking back, I should've had my implant done right then and there, but we were hopeful that maybe nature would take its course and everything would heal right.
We tried everything that was available for better erections but realized by last Oct. that an implant was the best hope. Dr.Kressin put an LGX 700 in. On Feb 23rd, I went back into surgery to correct a twisting of the right side cylinder and to resize everything, as I was suffering from the dreaded "floppy head" :D Everything was fine until I noticed that it was becoming harder and harder to get hard!
Ultimately it was discovered that somehow a line had become kinked and was starting to bulge out just above my penis, so last weds was hopefully my last surgery to straighten everything out.

All my surgeries went very well and VA care is excellent, but recovery from the surgeries has left something to be desired. I had very little pain from the actual cuts, but inflating was always painful. Because of the time between surgeries, the implant never really had a chance to settle down and perform "right"!
I will say that this time around I am very happy with the way my penis feels and looks. I seemed to have gained in girth, and it really feels smooth to the touch and very natural looking!

Hope this is useful for you. My next appointment is in 3 weeks, and I'll make it a point to mention you to Langenstroer. Dash Riprock

Return to “Implants”