Enhanced pat down

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
williamb

Re: Enhanced pat down

Postby williamb » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:10 pm

I never had an issue flying until I had a revision in December 2016. I went to fly home and a female TSA agent noticed that I had a bulge during the pat down (penis was inflated and bandaged) and I told her to be gentle because I just had surgery, so she got a male agent over, I told him same thing and he got supervisor to come over. I told him the same thing and he looked bewildered, so I offered to "whip it out" and let him inspect it, he declined and sent me to my plane.
born 1949, Cancer 2014, 1st Implant AMS CX 18 + 3 RTE, Oct 2015 by a Houston Doctor. Left with loss of length, Floppy Glans and pain, a very poor job. Revision in Dec 2016 by Dr. Kramer, 21 + 3 1/2 RTEs, LGX, Regained length, Glans supported and no pain.

OttoHS

Postby OttoHS » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:31 am

I have flown frequently since my implant in 2015. Twice I have had questions after going through the enhanced body scanner, both time at Boston Logan in early 2016. The first time I was asked if I had "something" below my waist. I said: Yes, I have a penile implant." The TSA agent looked kind of uncomfortable and waived me on. The second time the female agent stopped me and called for a male agent. He gave me a very light pat down without asking me anything and let me go.

oldgoat

Postby oldgoat » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:03 pm

My Titan definitely shows up on the body scan and also my titanium knee.
After going through the body scan at ord they showed me the screen, asked questions, and gave me a thorough Pat down. The same when leaving Jamaica plus searched my carry on before they would let me board the plane.
Implanted with colorplast Titan 3 years ago. Davinci radical prostatectomy 6 months ago. Very happy with the outcome of both procedures.
Dr Jonas Benson. Uropartners, Wheaton, IL.

Return to “Implants”