my .02 worth

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
magnum

my .02 worth

Postby magnum » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:57 am

I went bionic on sept. 1st., my results so far have been unfavorable to say the least, I went to the best "clinic" in the midwest and had one of the best rated doctors there, one who has done way over 100 implants a year. Today is sept. 5th and I'm still in alot of pain, I started out in recovery with intense pain until they found the right mixture of drugs to help. I know that alot of you don't want to hear this but I feel I have to tell my side, my swelling has been major and my bruising about the same, I ache alot and when I try to sit or change position and I feel alot of pain not just discomfort, but pain. I'm no stranger to surgery, this is my third time for major surgery and I feel I have a pretty high tolerance to pain. I have a catheter in place because I could not void my bladder the next day when they removed it, so they put another one in, and I have to keep it until the holiday weekend is over.(tuesday) I believe I could not pee because of all the swelling and the pressure of the implant on the urethra. I have also been constipated since the day of surgery, and have tried all the common remedys, I think because of the catheter and the constipation my mood is rather sour. I am still hoping for a good outcome but I wanted to let you guys know that some of us have a rougher road than others, I will keep you up to date on my progress.

dlampton

Re: my .02 worth

Postby dlampton » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:32 am

consstiipation is probbably due to opoid pain killers...I just went through broken hip surgery and it was a problem for me. Try a stool softener likke Colase. It (constipation) can be a big problem..

The swelling and bruising I didn't have much of, but I think it varies by individual....check with the Dr/ maybe think abouit going by his office prior to you (pdrobably) two-week appointment. Or just wait til then.

Hang in there

Dick

hockey

Postby hockey » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:04 pm

magnum wrote:I went bionic on sept. 1st., my results so far have been unfavorable to say the least, I went to the best "clinic" in the midwest and had one of the best rated doctors there, one who has done way over 100 implants a year. Today is sept. 5th and I'm still in alot of pain, I started out in recovery with intense pain until they found the right mixture of drugs to help. I know that alot of you don't want to hear this but I feel I have to tell my side, my swelling has been major and my bruising about the same, I ache alot and when I try to sit or change position and I feel alot of pain not just discomfort, but pain. I'm no stranger to surgery, this is my third time for major surgery and I feel I have a pretty high tolerance to pain. I have a catheter in place because I could not void my bladder the next day when they removed it, so they put another one in, and I have to keep it until the holiday weekend is over.(tuesday) I believe I could not pee because of all the swelling and the pressure of the implant on the urethra. I have also been constipated since the day of surgery, and have tried all the common remedys, I think because of the catheter and the constipation my mood is rather sour. I am still hoping for a good outcome but I wanted to let you guys know that some of us have a rougher road than others, I will keep you up to date on my progress.

Hang in there! It does get better. Try to look down the road when you can use it again.
Best of luck!
Your in our thoughts and prayers!
67 yr's young. Loving wife and 4 children 7 grandchildren. Type II diabetic for 9 years. Could retire but love my job and the people I work for. Pills, Pumps & Injections all failed. Implanted on 9/2/11. I am now "Bionic":)

antelope

Postby antelope » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:14 pm

Magnum, you're not the first one to document a rough post-op period. I think the same could be said for practically any surgery. Some have it easy; some not. I guess you're one of the "nots". Try to rest. Stay ahead of the pain. And don't just suffer--call the doc if this doesn't improve a lot by tomorrow. Thoughts and prayers from here as well.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

CurDog

Postby CurDog » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:49 pm

magnum - I went through the same stuff you are talking about. I totally understand what you are saying. I even began to believe I had made a huge mistake. The doctor and his staff were no help at all. Everything I complained about was met with a patronizing attitude. I was given no post op protocol and had to rely on this and Peyronies forum. I also went to a local doctor who took one look at my dick and balls and wrote me a script for Dilaudid. That was the end of my "pain" (physical as well as psychic). I was pain free and able to relax and then I began to trust what the guys on the forums told me. I am 3 months out now and have begun to enjoy the pleasure of the implant. There is still soreness, however, it gets a little better each day.

I no longer communicate with the doctor or his staff. They got what they $ wanted $ and I will get what I want through the lawyers.. and the medical board. You should not have to suffer through a modern medical procedure. I suggest that you talk to your doctor about pain mangement, be forceful with him if you need to. I controlled constipation with fiber cereal (kellog bran buds). You might want to try something like metamucil also.

Meanwhile, you need to understand and be prepared for about 2 months of discomfort which will diminish a little every day. Hang in there you will get better!!!!

Larry

jubaman

Postby jubaman » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:21 pm

Magnum,

My heart goes out to you. I just had implant surgery on the 30th, and from the sound of things, it looks like I was one of the lucky ones. I'm not sure what instructions and meds you were given, but, regarding the constipation, I was given colace as a stool softener from the get go and told to continue to take it for a week. Also, I was told to use Senna if I needed a laxitive (which I did). These seemed to have helped me a lot. I was given oxicodone as a pain killer and was told that that is what causes the constipation.

Hope you begin to feel better soon.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:27 pm

Magnum: Dang sorry your having so much pain.. Before you know it you will be past that pain and back in the saddle. Hope you feel better real soon.

Cajun jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

LGX_Man

Postby LGX_Man » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:10 pm

Hi there. Sorry to hear that you're in so much pain. I have said repeatedly here at FT that days 4 and 5 are definitely "the worst" post-op days. Some guys are less sensitive to the pain than others. I, myself, had quite a bit of pain afterwards and was in misery for the first month. Having this new and foreign object in my sore and swollen nut sac was misery at first. If you can just get through this hard period and realize that the end will definitely justify the means, meaning that all WILL be well within a short period of time, then you might be able to get through this a bit better. If you have been given pain meds, TAKE THEM. I had a pile of small white cotton towels that I bought in a bag at Costco. I would keep these soaked in cold water, then wrung out and wrapped around my penis and scrotum to relieve the swelling and pain. This worked like magic for me. Keep in touch as I'm sure you'll have many many questions in the upcoming weeks. LGX_Man
62. Retired. AMS 700 LGX implanted Nov. 18, 2013. Ask me any questions about being implanted or life afterwards.

clay64424

Postby clay64424 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:14 am

I will age 100% with him the pain was horrible and like him I'm no stranger to pain but the only way I could sleep the first week was on the couch but week two pain gone I can even almost sit straight down now

Return to “Implants”