28 Year old with severe ED for 3.5 years considering implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
btraws5

28 Year old with severe ED for 3.5 years considering implant

Postby btraws5 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:29 pm

Hi all,

I've been reading this thread on and off for a couple years now and appreciate all the information that has been produced. My story is as follows: Started having erection problems at age 24, and by age 25 literally could not have sex or produce a long term viable erection, even with pills. Started the injections, which worked, but over the last three years I have either built up a tolerance or my problem has gotten worse, and I now have to inject ten times the amount to get a viable erection in order to have sex.

I had the cavernosometry done 3 years ago, and it was relatively normal, so there is no confirmed physical etiology to the problem. Don't have any psych issues, generally a relaxed person, etc.

I'm still single and the injections are honestly pretty horrific to use when trying to maintain a normal lifestyle (Or maybe I should look at it as a badge of honor - have you really truly lived until you inject yourself in some dirty bar bathroom before you go to a girl's house? God help me)

I've begun to consider the implants, but am scared of doing it at such a young age due to the following reasons:
1. Condemning myself to multiple revision surgeries since the device is mechanical and will fail
2. Since there is no defined physical etiology, scared I might be taking an irreversible action when there still is no apparent cause - Has anybody on this forum ever had ~4 years of severe ED and gone back to normal at some point later?
3. Even with high success rates for implants, mostly with older people who may not have as high expectations

If anyone has any advice, especially younger folks who have had the implant and can advise on these issues, I would be eternally grateful.

Sincerely,
btraws5

EDIT: Just to be clearer on information I would like to have but don't:
A. Is there anyone here who has had multiple replacements due to getting it at a young age? Are there additional risks with the additional surgeries (i.e. progressive shortening of penis, increased rate of infection, etc.)

B. Has anyone here had ED at a young age (or known someone who did), and actually improved naturally as time went on?

C. Looking for young people with implants who can provide impressions and whether the implant lived up to expectations in a relatively young person.

Thanks!
Last edited by btraws5 on Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RichardTheFrog

Re: 28 Year old with severe ED for 3.5 years considering implant

Postby RichardTheFrog » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:31 pm

I'm 29 and probably the youngest guy here other than you.

I had ED due to no definable reason as well. I attributed it to post-traumatic stress or anxiety.

Mine is still healing but I know it will be worth it.

Get a world class surgeon.

Go to Dr. Andrew Kramer in Baltimore.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:28 pm

Btraw:
Agree with Richard. you need to be evaluated by a world class doc who specializes in persistent and complex ED cases. If the Doc says you have little to no hope, I would recommend you consider an implant. I am much older, but, the same premise holds. If you can't get an erection, what do you have to lose. Yes, you will probably have to get the implant replaced at some point, perhaps several times. The first one, where they have to dilate the cavernosa is the worst. subsequent surgeries to just replace the implant are not as severe.
Just my thoughts, Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:55 pm

I'd like to add that, I believe, your flaccid penis "atrophies" over a several years long period of no erections and the longer you wait, the smaller you are likely to be. I'm not sure this is a fact. Now healing from my 2nd revision, my advice is: get the implant as soon as you can, deal with the problems if and as they come up. 2.5 years of "soft dick blow jobs', pleasant as they were, left me " brave enough (horny enough)" to get my dick stuffed with 2 little balloons......3 times.... Good luck
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:11 pm

Do it! Do it!

You can be having the best sex life ever. Some girls will be intrigued simply because you have that implant which is something they've never seen before.

410-328-6087

That's Dr. Kramer. Call that number.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

gollam121

Postby gollam121 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:35 pm

RichardTheFrog wrote:I'm 29 and probably the youngest guy here other than you.

I had ED due to no definable reason as well. I attributed it to post-traumatic stress or anxiety.

How's things looking Richard ?
42 years old, Venous leak all my life. Pills worked but not so much then I foolishly did Scerothreapy (See young guys thread). Now totally impotent and just want an implant to stop me from completely crazy.

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:39 pm

gollam121 wrote:

The swelling has gone away. The pump is stuck to the inside of the scrotum, making early activation impossible. I am going to wait 4 weeks to activate. I have lots of pain in the dick especially when I have to wear shorts and go out. I am going to my local doctor soon to get more painkillers and stronger ones.

gollam121

Postby gollam121 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:51 pm

RichardTheFrog wrote:
gollam121 wrote:

The swelling has gone away. The pump is stuck to the inside of the scrotum, making early activation impossible. I am going to wait 4 weeks to activate. I have lots of pain in the dick especially when I have to wear shorts and go out. I am going to my local doctor soon to get more painkillers and stronger ones.

No pain, no gain. Where you not getting any erections prior to surgery?
42 years old, Venous leak all my life. Pills worked but not so much then I foolishly did Scerothreapy (See young guys thread). Now totally impotent and just want an implant to stop me from completely crazy.

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:52 pm

I could, but they wouldn't last.

It would make a girl say "that's it?" then never talk to me again.

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:29 pm

My opinion.....if you have ED at any age and non surgical remedies will not fix it.....get the implant (from the best surgeons).....I may be an old(er) guy, but this implant makes me feel like I'm 18 again.....I'm flying to the Dominican Republic tomorrow for a week in an adult resort....I have my choice of as many young women as I like.....I don't even have to say "as many as I can handle" because now, for me.....that's a moot point......bottom line:.....you can be proactive and have great sex, or you can let it go and have nothing.....
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

Return to “Implants”