Sarasota area implants

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
bearnextdoor

Sarasota area implants

Postby bearnextdoor » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:19 am

Does anyone on the list have any experience with an implant surgeon in the Sarasota, Venice, Bradenton area? Other than Dr. Joshua Green. He and I were not a good match. Have tried for months to get an appointment with Dr. Lawrence Hakim in Weston FL and they keep moving me to the back of the line. ( six months now and my appointment was canceled again. He was out of town and I was told I could see his assistant about my implant. SERIOUSLY? So going to start the search again locally here in Sarasota.

Thank you for any information you have.
Implanted by Dr. Raphael Carrion in Tampa, FL on 6/6/2017 with. Coloplast Titan 18 cm one RTE on left side.

LMCatman

Re: Sarasota area implants

Postby LMCatman » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:36 am

Dr Paul Perito, Miami..... saved my "bacon" after Plantation FL urologist botched my first implant......
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:18 pm

Stay away for Perito as he has some history and his chosen type of implants (pubic) seen to have more problems then the scrotum type. Take the time and see one of the best. Did or Kramer and you will appreciate it years from now. I chose Dr. Kramer for a number of reason beside I didn't want to go to NY. Live in NC and drove to Baltimore. Use to live in FL and still would have gone to Dr. Kramer. Read all you can here about the two locations for implants and you will select scrotum (Kramer/Eid).
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

Boca Grande

Postby Boca Grande » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:56 am

Have you considered Dr. Rafael Carrion in Tampa? He's a lot closer than that doctor in Weston. Pretty much considered an expert in his field.
ED problems started around age 50, getting progressively worse. Received a Coloplast Titan, with the Genesis pump, implant on June 12, 2017 at age 68. Diagnosed with venous leak and scar tissue prior to surgery. Surgeon: Rafael Carrion, Tampa, Florida

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:19 pm

Boca Grande wrote:Have you considered Dr. Rafael Carrion in Tampa? He's a lot closer than that doctor in Weston. Pretty much considered an expert in his field.

Here are 61 FT posts on Dr Carrion: search.php?keywords=Carrion
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:23 am

9 months after my first implant, I was in Nashville for a funeral and "suffering" (yeah, really) from my botched first implant. A long time "medical" friend got me an appointment with an implant surgeon with whom she had worked in the OR. He told me 'I've never seen one turn out like this' and 'I can fix this, but seeing where you live, you should go to Dr Perito in Miami'.

I found Dr Perito (history and all) to be very interested in my problems and confident he could "fix me". He encountered unforseen problems during the surgery and had the experience and expertise to overcome them. My dick was "so bent" before and "so straight" afterwards he took a pic and showed it to my wife in the waiting room.

Implants are certainly a "YMMV" sort of surgery. I do believe most are pretty successful with few, if any, problems. We with problems tend to be more active in this forum. While there are a few small issues with mine, I'm am VERY HAPPY to have it....

Thank you again Dr Perito.....!!!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Boulder

Postby Boulder » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:47 am

Rafael Carrion, one of the best in the business if not the best! He's a Professor at USF in Tampa. And Tampa General is an excellent hospital.
His number is 813-974-2201. I have never heard or read anything derogatory about the man.

Return to “Implants”