AMS LGX issue

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
mtnbiker

AMS LGX issue

Postby mtnbiker » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:34 am

I had a 21 cm with 2 cm RTE AMS LGX installed on December 28, 2016 and having an issue deflating it which seems quite common after reading the message boards. I have one cylinder that seems to deflate fine however the other cylinder always seems to have a pocket of air or some fluid that I can't seem to get out so I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.

I have been reading the message boards for the last week or so and must say I really appreciate everyone's helpful advice because going through the recovery process makes me feel at times that I made a terrible mistake because of the pain and soreness however after reading members post it gives me great hope that once I get to the 90 day mark I should see the pain subside and be able to enjoy my device.

My GF and I have only tried the device once after the doctor cleared me to use it and I must say it hurt like hell and I couldn't wait to finish because I couldn't even get full strokes because the bottom of my penis hurt when I went all the way in her. I have been trying to cycle the device daily however the throbbing pain afterwards makes me wonder if doing that is beneficial or if I should hold off until I heal some more. The last issue I am having is with the tubing which kind of protrudes out to the left of my shaft of my penis so i asked my doctor about that and he said that it should settle down in time which I pray it does.

I did have Dr Kramer install the implant and I must say he is a great guy so I trust that everything will be fine once I am fully healed. The hard thing is having patience because it's like getting a new toy as a kid but not being able to play with it. lol
Last edited by mtnbiker on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Implanted on December 28, 2016 by Dr Kramer with a 21 CM AMS LGX. 47 years old and have been dealing with ED due to Venous leak since my 20's.

dirtman1993

Re: AMS LGX issue

Postby dirtman1993 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:36 pm

My goodness, give it some time. After 30 days I was still swollen and could not inflate let alone deflate as that was the hardest part to learn. Until the internal swelling went down I could not feel the release button. I went back to Dr. Kramer after almost 60 days and he inflated and taught me to deflate. Now it is very easy. I pump no more then 15 as can't and it is hard enough to hang a shirt on.

The pain on the left side if there may be the saline is stored. If you bang it it will hurt to inside healed. The pain on left side will calm down in time but remember, your surgery was not even a month ago. Have patience or if you damage, you will have to go through it again.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:08 pm

Holy Crap! You are only 4 weeks out of surgery. No wonder it hurts like hell. I didn't get activated until 8 or so weeks, and that was pretty normal. I would cease and desist attempts at intercourse, regardless of what the doc says, until some more time has passed. If it hurts that much it can't be that much fun anyway. And, just my humble opinion, don't try for absolute pump to the max just yet. It takes a while to stretch things out.

This implant is major surgery, a very invasive procedure, despite the fact that some folks get discharged from the hospital the same day. While I can appreciate the impatience to play with the new toy, give it some more time.

mtnbiker

Postby mtnbiker » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:28 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone I do appreciate it. I am going to give it some more time to heal up before I give it a go again with intercourse. I am super sore today from just pumping it up yesterday and holding the pump for around 15 minutes. I am looking forward to the day when I can pump it, use it, then deflate it without any pain.

Do you guys think it is good practice to pump it daily even though there is pain to try to speed up my body adjusting to the new components or is it best to just pump it on days where I am not sore?

I talked to the AMS rep today about the air pocket and he said it should work itself back into the reservoir which I hope will be the case. I was able to work the air pocket lower into the bottom of my shaft so hoping I can get it all the way out soon.
Implanted on December 28, 2016 by Dr Kramer with a 21 CM AMS LGX. 47 years old and have been dealing with ED due to Venous leak since my 20's.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:02 pm

An air pocket in the implant, tubes or reservoir would definitely have me worried. Think what would happen if you were in an unpressurized airplane.

Talk to your Doc. An ultrasound, or at least an exam might be advisable. Find out what is actually there. It may be something that will take care of itself, but it would be comforting to know, eh?

Get on the good side, an air pocket in the system is pretty unlikely.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Jimbruski

Postby Jimbruski » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:23 pm

Lost Sheep is correct. The issue would be, where did the air come from? Either it was introduced and not cleared at installation or there is a faulty resivour or tube allowing air in during deflation.

This would be a rare occurance but definitely one that needs attention because it can't repair itself.
Implant December 1, 2016; AMS 700 CX 18cm x 12 mm +3.5 cm rte. 69 years old, married 43 years.
ED for 8 years, Peyronies for 3 years.

mtnbiker

Postby mtnbiker » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:38 pm

I am on day 28 post surgery and I was wondering if you guys think it is good practice to pump up the implant daily even though I maybe sore from pumping it the prior day to try to speed up my body adjusting to the new components or is it best to just pump it on days where I am not sore? For the guys on here that are fully recovered and no longer in pain what worked best for you?

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:04 am

Bro,
I started cycling 21 days post opp. Intercourse 2 weeks later. I am 108 days post op and have pumped daily (business or pleasure) to max erection (keep stretching it out) but with no pain. :roll: Do what you can but at least daily when you can. Welcome to the family! 8-) 8-) 8-)
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:44 am

Hey man,

Sorry you're having problems. It hasn't gone perfectly for me either. I had a revision and that involved a lot of cutting and moving things around so I am sorer than when I had the implant.

A couple comments:

Dr. Kramer is a great guy and brilliant surgeon. No surgeon is perfect. He is very optimistic and has a positive mental attitude and just because he cleared you for intercourse at 4 weeks doesn't mean you should. You are in charge of your health and if it hurts bad, there's your answer. Most people don't activate until a month, then they pump daily for a couple weeks at least before intercourse. You have and LGX so it expands in length and you may need to not max things out at first. Let it get longer over time. It takes 6-12 months to achieve maximum length with that LGX.

Regarding Donnie, he is the miracle child of this board. He had a very smooth time and we're all happy for him. He's nice, he's funny, but we don't all progress as well and quickly as he did. Aw, he's probably got a 12-inch dick too, lucky bastard :lol:

Let your pain guide you and take it slow. Dr. Kramer does say that pumping twice a day for a long period of time is not necessary. Like some guys who pump and hour or two twice a day. Not necessary. 15 minutes should be plenty twice a day and if the pain is bad, then don't fully inflate just yet. If the pain is just kind of "there" and not terrible, then it's ok to leave it inflated that much.

Best to you. You have a lot of friends around here.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

mtnbiker

Postby mtnbiker » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:29 am

You guys are the best and I really appreciate the support everyone gives each other on this site!

I gave myself an injection the day before surgery so I can take my measurements and yesterday after I pumped I compared the measurements and they were almost identical so I am extremely happy that Dr Kramer did a great job preserving my size. Once I can get my pain levels down I am sure I will be very pleased that I got the surgery.

Here is a little history of me and my issues with ED. I am 47 years old and have been dealing with venous leak since my college days and got tired of the pills, injections, VED, and cock rings so I am glad that I will never have to use those things again. I spoke with 5 former patients of Dr Kramer before I got my surgery and so glad I did because they made me extremely confident that I was making the right decision and was in great hands with a world class surgeon. I have a feeling once I am able to fully utilize my device that I will have wished that I got the procedure 10-15 years ago.

Return to “Implants”