post op question

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
tarheel

post op question

Postby tarheel » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:15 am

Had my implant done 10 days ago.Am not supposed to see my Dr. till Sept.28th.I know I am supposed to keep my penis pointed up against my abdomen but when I do this it also pulls my nut sac up also.My sac feels better when it is allowed to hang and the pump falls to the bottom.Has anyone had this problem or does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks for your help!

ariadne

Re: post op question

Postby ariadne » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:06 pm

Tarheel, my incision was in the scrotum. To help heal the incision, I taped my penis to my abdomen during the day to allow air and light to reach the incision. Insulate the penis with a band of gauze (you'll flay your penis if you don"t. The penis was relaxed and did not pull on the incision in the scrotum. At the very least, try to get air to the incision, even a jock strap with the penis up should help if the incision is in your scrotum. Good healing to you. Hankthedog

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:11 pm

Most people seem to be given the point up instuctions post surgery but I was not told that. I did, however, keep it pointing up, figured it wouldn't hurt anything. But, I don't know. Maybe try to keep it pointing up part of the time and wherever it is comfortable at other times. The fact that things are not comfortable pointing up might mean that is what is needed to stretch thing some. At ten days you still have some swelling if you had the scrotal like I did. In another week you you should be more comfortable.
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

clay64424

Postby clay64424 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:30 pm

i got mine monday the 22nd they didnt tell me anything about pointing it up he did say do not use ice put a towl under scrotom to elevate the sack

tarheel

Postby tarheel » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:07 pm

I didn't have an incision at my scrotum.The only incision I had was about 3 inches above my penis on my pelvic bone.I don't guess that really matters but why are we keeping the penis pointed up after surgery and do you think it needs to be done until activation at week 6?I was also wondering,when it is activated do you see a little increase in length?After peyronies and 1 other surgery I do not have much to work with.Right now with it slightly inflated it looks little more than a stump.I am hoping for at least a little increase during activation.

dlampton

Postby dlampton » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:04 pm

they told me it needed to be up as much as possible in order to end up with a straight penis pointing north and south. It's a pain but it's only for about two weeks or swo.

Return to “Implants”