My implant journey

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

Re: My implant journey

Postby alibaba » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:14 am

Yippee. Yea! Taking a minute to think about it. :shock: Thoughts processed.
:D
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:15 pm

Just had the psych evaluation. I passed.

Kramer's office said I can do all the pre-op in Baltimore on the day of the surgery.

I booked my flight for the 20th. Returning on the 25th.

You can bet I'll be typing posts from the hotel room in Baltimore.

About to join Team Bionic!!! I'm stoked!!!
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:59 am

I can't believe my surgery is only 11 days away.

This is going to be awesome.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Bubba48

Postby Bubba48 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:04 pm

Richard,

The first two days suck. Your young like me and you should be fine by day three to semi move about. Let me know if you need any advice. I'm in town.

Bubba

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:10 pm

RichardTheFrog wrote:I can't believe my surgery is only 11 days away.

This is going to be awesome.

Worst part for me was the catheter. Ice. Ice. Ice. If you're like me by Friday you'll be looking good. Kramer will do you a good job.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:35 pm

How long does the catheter stay in for after surgery?

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:29 pm

I am so happy for you! Man they should make one of our implant days a holiday so we could celebrate!

Most people have the catheter till the next morning. A few as long as 3 days. In the total scheme of things, it is a good thing so you can pee if you get any swelling though Kramer is a pro in that department and you will appreciate not having to get up right after your surgery. Later on you want it out so you can boogie but you need to stay lain down as much as possible so you don't swell up like a bullfrog. ( pun intended).
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:18 am

Kramer leaves the catheter in overnight (highly recommended). Take pain pills and get through it. You will feel like you gotta pee all the time but hang in there. Next morning hop in the empty bathtub, have a grocery bag available if you're in a motel. This way you can wrap all of the apparatus up and not be offensive to housekeeping. In the dry tub, release the fluid in the balloon with the syringe they give you and slide the catheter out. It is ok at that point, little pain. The first couple of pees will sting, then I was OK.

I needed a revision, so after some pump relocation surgery, Dr. Knoll took the catheter out and I woke up. They held me a while to see if I could pee and I could not, so they put a catheter back in which hurt, dammit. It would have been better to just leave it in until morning. I prefer that approach.

Either way, the catheter was probably my most unpleasant part of the experience. The rest could be handled by pain pills and ice. No need for swelling with Kramer. He is so good, you don't get that trauma that swells the scrotum up like a grapefruit.

Good luck.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:17 pm

Last October, I had silicone girth enhancement injections. There was some pain afterwards but I was able to handle it well.

I've also had surgery to repair broken bones in my neck and back so this will not be the most invasive surgery I've had. It will be third on the list.

For my back surgery, I was awake when they slid a catheter in and out twice per day and I remember that being the worst part.

I know it will suck, but I believe I'm prepared.

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:38 am

I just got a call from Kramer's office saying they need records from my local urologist to get insurance authorization.

I'm hoping I get authorized because I can't afford to pay this out of pocket.

Return to “Implants”