My implant journey

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RichardTheFrog

Re: My implant journey

Postby RichardTheFrog » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:17 pm

How long did it take for the swelling to go down for you guys?
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

Postby 474849 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:39 pm

RichardTheFrog wrote:How long did it take for the swelling to go down for you guys?

Hi Richard hope everything is going well for you.
I never had any swelling or brusing until the third day,and that was gone by the 7th day.
Good luck with your recovery.

Rick P,
Implant by Dr Kramer on 1/18/2017 AMS 700 LGX 21cm x 12mm + 2 cm RTEs.66 years old, , retired.....Married 1972........The wife and I both love to golf.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:06 am

The more time you can spend laying down, the faster it will subside. Walking, and time on your feet can make it worse the first few days.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:25 am

alibaba wrote:
longdayze wrote:Richard, hope your flight went well? I'm scheduling a revision with Kramer in 8-weeks. I will have a 5 hour flight home. How was your comfort level, do you think 3-days after surgery is enough time for me to schedule my flight arrangements? Here's to a fast recovery and a fast activation.
SAM I AM

Looking forward Richard's flight comfort too. Wednesday is my implant day and flying home Saturday. Also a 5 hour flight. I post how it goes too.

Longdayze,

If you're having Kramer do the surgery on Wednesday, try to get it in the morning. But at any rate, I flew home Saturday and then drove myself home. The flight wasn't 5 hours, but my drive was an hour and my total time in the air and on the ground were probably 3-4 hours. I would think you'd be ok.

If you have enough experience with pain pills to know how they affect you, you could possibly drive while taking them. If they don't make you a little drunk, then you should be good to go. I know they say not too, but I have been able to. Once I even accompanied a complete choir concert on the piano while on hydrocodone. I didn't do too bad actually.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:28 am

Richard the Frog, if you're a Kramer patient- as it appears you are, then he's probably the King in terms of reducing swelling and hematomas. I think being so young, 29 years old, you've got rigorous blood flow, no way to reduce all swelling in someone so young and with such good tissues I'd think. But you went to the best, lay around and your swelling will go down. Don't sweat it.

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:32 am

Rob1961,
I'd have to say it's way too soon to be measuring and sizing up whether you lost length if you're under a few months time. It's going to be just fine if a superstar like Kramer did yours- no way he'd do anything but stretch the shit out of you, and put the tips wayyyy up to the tip of your penis. He's just like that. So my guess is, the answer from him or anyone is cycle your new toy, give it time, and you'll be perfect. Can't really cry foul if you aren't 1 year out and cycling like crazy. You're still a work in progress, so keep your chin up.

Pine85

Postby Pine85 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:56 pm

Hey Richard,

I'm a younger guy like you, and I also had issues with swelling. My swelling started
to subside about a week after surgery, and was almost completely gone at two and half
weeks. I did have some swelling return for a little while after my first activation at day 23.
The swelling will get much better!
31 Year old with congenital venous leakage. Implanted January 25, 2017 by Dr. Andrew Kramer.
18cm LGX with 4cm RTE's

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:13 pm

Pine85, If I remember correctly you are about a month out now. How did the work on the fibrosis turn out? Hope you are still doing well. Cheers.

Richard the Prince ( now). Every time I saw your name I thought of the tree frog we have in the house. When we brought the wife's plants inside in October there were 3 tree frogs in the plants. One we saw in the pot and sat outside, 1 came hopping across the living room floor and also went outside. The third that we know of has never left the sun room. We have looked for hours trying to find him and no clue which plant he is hiding in. Early every morning and about 7 at night he sings. Must be a good frog. Been in the same room 4 months and still there. We like frogs.d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:36 pm

Pine85 wrote:Hey Richard,

I'm a younger guy like you, and I also had issues with swelling. My swelling started
to subside about a week after surgery, and was almost completely gone at two and half
weeks. I did have some swelling return for a little while after my first activation at day 23.
The swelling will get much better!

How did you know when to activate? I'm just assuming 4 weeks. I live nowhere close to Baltimore and plan to have my local urologist do the activation.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

Pine85

Postby Pine85 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:22 pm

I starting taking warm baths around day 10. During that time, I would just feel around the pump
and try to familiarize myself with everything. I stopped having any pain around day 17, and wanted to shoot for activation on day 21. I emailed Dr. Kramer and he wanted me to wait a
couple more days, so I did it two days later on a Friday. I took it slow and did the activation myself using the tips and tricks I read on this site. Dr. Kramer also sent me an email with some helpful info and said he would be available to talk if there were any issues.

Things are going pretty well alibaba. Post implant inflation protocol has been more painful than I had imagined, but I have to remind myself that I am ahead of the game as far as average activation time is concerned. I also have increased the time in between sessions to give myself more time to recover. The pain is much less this second week of inflation. I'd say that my fibrosis really hasn't hampered my recovery time that significantly.
31 Year old with congenital venous leakage. Implanted January 25, 2017 by Dr. Andrew Kramer.
18cm LGX with 4cm RTE's

Return to “Implants”