Implant coming soon

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.

Implant coming soon

Postby 474849 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:40 am

Hi just wanted to thank everyone on franktalk, you have all been a great help.Anyway my implant surgery with Dr Kramer is coming up fast January (January 18th).I am excited but I'm getting more worried by the day I keep reading about all these revisions.Also it seems like everyone that posts on here has had there implant done in the last year.Don't get me wrong all of your post have helped me tremendously and I thank you again, and I definitely want to keep hearing from all you guys.Anyway has anyone out there had there implant for five years or so that could let me know how its going for them.........Thanks Rick P
Implant by Dr Kramer on 1/18/2017 AMS 700 LGX 21cm x 12mm + 2 cm RTEs.66 years old, , retired.....Married 1972........The wife and I both love to golf.

dg_moore

Re: Implant coming soon

Postby dg_moore » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:48 am

I've had my Titan (Dr Kramer) since 2008 and have had no problems with it. Even though mine has never been used, I do inflate it now and then and have observed no issues of any kind.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Postby 474849 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:23 pm

Ok thanks a lot Dave.I've talked with Dr Kramer a couple of times. He seems like a great guy.I called and left a message and he called me back in ten minutes.To me that was very impressive.I had surgery set up with a local Dr.I called him five times between 3 &4 weeks of my scheduled surgery he never returned my calls.Needless to say I cancelled with him.Anyway I'm still worried about all these revisions.Also my dick is not very big can't afford to lose much, what good is it if it's hard and to small to do anything with lol..........Thanks Rick P
Implant by Dr Kramer on 1/18/2017 AMS 700 LGX 21cm x 12mm + 2 cm RTEs.66 years old, , retired.....Married 1972........The wife and I both love to golf.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:13 pm

474849 wrote:Ok thanks a lot Dave.I've talked with Dr Kramer a couple of times. He seems like a great guy.I called and left a message and he called me back in ten minutes.To me that was very impressive.I had surgery set up with a local Dr.I called him five times between 3 &4 weeks of my scheduled surgery he never returned my calls.Needless to say I cancelled with him.Anyway I'm still worried about all these revisions.Also my dick is not very big can't afford to lose much, what good is it if it's hard and to small to do anything with lol..........Thanks Rick P

Rick P,

I hope you have the best experience in the world. You are right when you say Dr. Kramer seems like a great guy. He shows more concern, care, and attention to his patients than any doctor I've ever met.

I decided to have my implant after being told and reading that satisfaction rates were very high. I researched and read a lot, most of it on this board. I still read this board.

There are guys who are highly satisfied, some are moderately satisfied and some are regretful at the results from their implants.

There are guys that sing the praises of this and that doctor. There are guys that are negative about the same doctors.

I have come to the conclusion that this is a highly personalized experience, that there are a variety of results, and there are a variety of degrees of satisfaction. Some guys who have gone to the famous surgeons are less than satisfied. Some guys who have gone to relative "nobodies" are extremely happy.

I think we all have to go into this with our eyes open and do the best we can. Make the best choices we can and then go from there. Revisions can happen I wish you the best, a smooth ride!!

JB
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:19 pm

You've chosen an excellent surgeon. That puts the odds in your favor of having a great outcome.

Gacleader1

Postby Gacleader1 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:23 am

I'm so glad you made a decision to change surgeons. My surgery was January 4th with Dr. Kramer and I could not have been more pleased with my decision. The only thing that made me happier than the decision I made to see him was to experience the care I actually received. It was one thing to listen to other people, and to have the initial few contacts, it was quite something else to experience this high quality service first hand.

I have had a lot of surgeries in my life, and some of them have been quite intense. This one was somehow different. This was the first time ever that while I lay waiting for the surgery, I experienced no anxiety of any kind.

My wife and I had no intention of traveling for this surgery. At first, we though that it was a simple surgery and any qualified surgeon could handle it. As time passed, it began to occur to me that these local guys did not have that much experience, and they were not that comfortable with my unique challenges that were caused by the re-routing of some of my internal plumbing, considerable scar tissue, and history of infection after surgery. After reading about Dr. Kramer, I decided to give his office a call, not sure if I would ever hear back, and still not sure I wanted to travel. It was not days till he called back, and I am not even sure it was hours; the man called back so fast I almost fell over.

I talked about my concerns, and he talked about why those were non issues. He was so confident, without being cocky, that I had to learn more about this guy; after all, anyone can talk a good story to make a sale, and I know there are a lot of people out there who run surgical mills.

Dr. Kramer is not like that; not even a little bit. I'm sure he could do these surgeries 7 days a week if he wanted to, but he only does it one day per week; he wants to remain sharp, and does not want to get burned out. He does about 6 surgeries every Wednesday, every week, and that is it. That gives him plenty of time to prepare, and plenty of time to follow through. Before we met, he gave an extensive review of all of my CAT scans and my history; he knew my body as well as I knew it.

It was important to me to assure I was not choosing an implant mill; my experience with mills has been bad. I did however want an experienced surgeon, and wanted to find someone that had chosen this as his specialty. The reasons for this are many. My primary concern is infection. The room that is set up for these surgeries with Dr. Kramer are not filled with sick patients, they are filled with patients in relatively good health, in for a penile implant. His procedure is fast, about 15 to 20 minutes. Instead of fumbling around trying to decide what to do next, his whole team works together to get this done, with minimal time under anesthesia, and minimal time of exposure. He also has (I assume) a large assortment of devices, so he was not going to push me into the size or model he has on hand.

Dr. Kramer has also made a lot of corrections to other surgeries performed by others that had not gone well, so he knows what to avoid. The average length loss by surgeons with minimal experience is 3/4". The reason for that is that the surgeons have so little experience, that they are excessively cautious. Earlier devices tended to erode the glans, so many surgeons, being aware of this, are very conservative in sizing. The problem with this is that by being too cautious, the cylinders do not go into the glans, and it flops over during attempted penetration, preventing penetration. Having a surgeon who honestly understands the limits will lessen this considerably.

I could go on for hours about why my decision was best for me, and I hope you feel the same. The choice of a surgeon is very personal, and only you can make that. My primary advice to you is however, never let a man cut on you if you are not comfortable with that person, or if that person does not return you calls. I am happy with Dr. Kramer, and have every reason to believe you will be also. I wish you the best.

As a side note, I have been writing a diary of my recovery, and will be happy to forward that to you. It is one thing to hear people say it hurts, or it will hurt for 6 weeks, but it is entirely different to hear what a person experienced on a daily basis during recovery. If you would like that, let me know.

Gary

stiffupperlip

Postby stiffupperlip » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:23 pm

Gary,

I had surgery with Dr. Kramer last October and I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said. I developed ED two years ago from colon surgery and I had a great doctor whom I trusted but nothing is ever guaranteed in life. And there are always risks in any surgery. Penile implant surgery isn't that simple and you want to go with a doctor like Kramer or Eid who will do their best and be there afterwards if you have any problems. It's worth it to travel for that kind of care.
22cm Titan No RTE's Dr. Kramer Oct 2016

Postby 474849 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:38 pm

Gary

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Every thing you said gives me more and more confidence.And like I said earlier, talking to Dr kramer really put me at ease.And yes I would love to read your diary of your recovery.

As for Dr luntins out of Pittsburgh my original surgeon.When I called to cancel. I told them that I thought the Dr.was very pleasant but I felt like I needed to go to someone that specialized in implants.Well the women on the phone was a little nasty with an abruped ok and hung up.I was feeling a little guilty about canceling not anymore lol....................

Rick

Gacleader1

Postby Gacleader1 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:50 am

Oh Rick, You felt guilty about cancelling?

I don't care if you decided to cancel after being admitted to the surgical suite. It's your penis, not hers!!!

I'm not going to say that Dr. Kramer is the best in the world, and I am not trying to suggest that people use him specifically. What I will say is that in my opinion he was the best for me; that I would never hesitate to use him again; and that anyone who is ever seeking a surgeon should look for one with the qualities that Dr. Kramer has.

This whole thing scared the hell out of me because of my extensive history of surgical complications. Dr. Kramer listened. Not only did he listen, but it was obvious when I went to see him one day before surgery that he actually did do his homework on me and understood my unusual anatomy in great detail.

My biggest problem is that if anyone even touches my intestine, it tends to develop something called fistulas. When that happens, a small path, or perhaps you want to call it a vein, will develop from that site to somewhere else; for me it is typically my abdomen. Imagine if during the implant, a surgeon touched my intestine and a fistula formed that found itself bringing those contents to my penis. That would have been one hell of a disaster. With this in mind, I was not just putting my penis in his hands, I was also putting my life in his hands.

In life we all make choices. Imagine if I stayed with a local doctor because I did not want to offend him. And you: You may not have issues anywhere close to mine, but what if you end up 3/4 of an inch shorter with the local guy than with Dr. Kramer, which is the average by the way between an experienced surgeon and one who does a few per year. What if you get a wonderful erection, but because the local guy is excessively cautious, the cylinders do not extend into the glans and it flops over during attempted intercourse?

No Rick, DO NOT feel guilty. Your decision will affect you for the rest of your life.

No one can promise that you will have no complications with Dr. Kramer or anyone else for that matter; we are all different. I can say however that in my opinion, based on my experience, Dr. Kramer honestly cares, and that beyond that, he tries to make every surgery just a little better than the last. He tries to make it more efficient, having every team member work together to reduce the time your penile tissue is exposed. He only uses a room that is dedicated every Wednesday specifically to Penile implants, so you do not need to worry about what kind of patient was in there before.

It is kind of like his goal in life is not to be the best in terms of being better than anyone else, but rather to be the best he can possibly be for the patient.

I'm going to try to send you a short note to see if you get it. If you do, then I will send you a copy of my rather rough journal. I will be cleaning up the grammar and such before publishing it, but you might be interested in what I am experiencing during recovery, since my date is so close to yours.

Gary

Postby 474849 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:09 am

Well today is the day, I leave for the hospital in 15 minutes Im excited but also nervous.I finally met Dr Kramer yesterday (great guy).Got to go, talk to you guys later.

Thanks for all the encouragement.

Rick P,

Return to “Implants”