One year anniversary of my surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
C_lab34

One year anniversary of my surgery

Postby C_lab34 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:32 pm

Hello again everyone. I'm celebrating my one year anniversary of having a working penis by returning to Franktalk and giving an update. First, I want to briefly explain why I've been off the board for about six months or so. Well, it really comes down to wanting to live life without penis concerns. In some ways it was selfish of me, but considering that I had spent previous years of my life agonizing over my ED, scouring message boards, posting over and over again and reading threads for hours a day, I was finally in a position to leave all of that behind and focus on other things. And it has truly been a blessing.

With that being said, I recognize that there many men out there who still stand to benefit from the experience of others, both in the short and long term. So now I'd like to let people know how I'm faring with the implant.

All in all, I am happy with the procedure. It was a difficult surgery and the result was not what I would call perfect. My pump is too high in my scrotum and tubing is palpable on the right side base of my penis. If I pump up too much and leave it for too long, say an hour or so, the cord that connects the pump to the cylinders cuts into my flesh around the base of my penis. So I either have to not inflate so much, which is still good enough for sex, or just not leave it inflated so long.

Nevertheless, I have a hard penis whenever I want it. I can have sex with anyone under any condition. No amount of fatigue, stress, anxiety, drugs, etc can prevent me from enjoying sex. It's an incredibly ability that for the greater part of my life I only dreamed of having. But the most remarkable result of all of this is that I simply do not think about my penis anymore. In fact, this update is difficult for me because I'm so far removed from worrying about my dick and checking in on it and wondering about how it's going to perform or what I'm doing to do to fix it. I almost don't have anything to say because it's just not something I devote mental energy to anymore. Even coming out of the surgery it took a little while to stop obsessing over my condition. At some point around the six month mark I just stopped caring. I was considering revision or even replacement surgery because I thought I was unhappy with my result.

Dr. Kramer did my surgery and I'm still happy I went with him. He was great and always made me feel comfortable. I'll forever be in debt to him, and most likely will have him do my revision when this implant fails if he's still in the game.

Of course now I can see clearly that I was overvaluing sex because it was so difficult for most of my life. My perspective now is very different. I felt worthless because I couldn't have sex. Now I realize that I had worth, and I'm the same person now that I was before, except with a functional penis. But my actual value hasn't changed, only my view of it. Which is definitely worth a lot in my case. I can see much more clearly now why my partners in the past where willing to be with me even with all of my difficulties. Because I'm much more than a hard dick. The funny thing, though, is that I needed to have a hard dick to realize that I'm much more than that.

I never think about size anymore, and that used to be a concern of mine. Did I lose size, did I get the best model implant, etc? Doesn't seem to matter at all anymore. It even seems silly to me the kind of esoteric and academic concerns I had at one point over sizing, technique, brand, and whatever else.

So my mind is much more free these days and I don't stress over sex. Other parts of my life are still other parts of my life. Getting an implant didn't make me a millionaire or a genius or even some kind of supernatural lover that changes lives with my unrelenting thrusting. It's just sex, and for as good as it is now, it's just one facet of life. I can put it in it's proper place now. I've found that having love and purpose in life is much more valuable than sex, but this is easy for me to say now and I couldn't feel that way before.

I'm happy to answer any questions and rejoin the discussion here at Franktalk. I'm incredibly grateful for everyone who supported and encouraged me to take this important step in my life. I'll be around to pay it forward and help anyone out there who needs it, since I'm coming back with a much clearer mind and from a much happier place in my life.

dg_moore

Re: One year anniversary of my surgery

Postby dg_moore » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Caleb -
A very insightful post that provides valuable perspective. Too many of us have blinders on when it comes to our perception of the problems we face. I'm happy to hear how well things have worked out for you.
Dave
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:53 pm

Clab: My congratulations as well. I, too am celebrating my one year anniversary today. Had my one year checkup yesterday and got a clean bill of health. I'm particularly gratified to hear about the mental improvements you cited in addition to a functioning penis, albeit not perfect.
Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:09 pm

C_lab,
Congratulations on your 1 year with a bionic dick. Maybe in a year I'll quit obsessing over mine! :lol: Nah, probably not. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Electrician

Postby Electrician » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:12 pm

C_lab ,congratulations and welcome back ,I'm coming up on my one year anniversary this week as well .I have to second your thoughts as well ,these implants are far from perfect but to be able to have sex anytime anywhere with out pills ,injections ect. It HAS been a new beginning for my wife and I . Wishing you the best ,with many years of happy pumping , or did I mean humping lol jim
Implanted 01/2016,AMS Cx at 56 had Ed for years ,On the pills (18yr) and injection (5yrs) married 37 years .Hope to use this inplant for years to come.

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:16 am

Did you lose any length with Dr. Kramer?
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

joe456

Postby joe456 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:34 am

Donnie You dound like a great guy and alot fun to. I my dick turns out as good as yours in June.
Hane fun with i.
none

rdnkbiker

Postby rdnkbiker » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:47 am

c_lab
thanks for sharing I have felt the same for several years and its nice to hear someone else who went through all the mental crap that ED does to your mind I think about it all the time my implant is scheduled for Jan.18th its been a struggle insurance problem I'm still not sure about that and i'm afraid after waiting for 2 months getting my hopes up that they cancel or at the last minute insurance doesn't come through and I have no time to try to get the funds together my wife says quit stressing we will figure it out but its so hard to do
thanks again
Jim
HBP since my 20s Full ED i was 55 when i received my implant January 17th 2017 sever scare tissue through corpora cavernosa clear to the glands (no blood flow) complete revision new equipment july 10th 2023 AMS CX 21cm by DR.William Brant very happy

joe456

Postby joe456 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:31 pm

Donnie You dound like a great guy and alot fun to. I my dick turns out as good as yours in June.
Have fun
none

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Thanks Joe,
This implant has changed my wife, I mean life. :lol: Keep us posted when you have your surgery in June.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Return to “Implants”