Down Time

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jonbaldbg

Re: Down Time

Postby jonbaldbg » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:29 am

Longdayze,

I guess Donnie's right there are so many different approaches to this. I got my implant from Dr. Kramer and he only left me 20% inflate which was no problem. My activation was to happen in a month and I took two pain pills but really didn't need to. It sounds like you will.

They did a study on early activation. The conclusion was that a 2-week activation was good in terms of maintaining length and eliminating problems around the cylinders, but they stated it wasn't practical due to pain and so a 4-week activation remained the recommendation of the study.

Good luck, man. Pop those pills.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

longdayze

Postby longdayze » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:41 am

I just hope I don't upset all the animals at the New Orleans Zoo when they hear my Tarzan scream. Man, I think Ive read ever guys forum on their journey and there all so different. Some guys have very little pain, bruising and don't even need meds after a couple of days. I have a pretty high pain tolerance as I've had 2 back surgeries and this compares. I think in the end, it's worth all the pain and sacrifice. I had to pay out of pocket, my employer insurance from Cigna doesent cover implants, that hurt almost as bad as the surgery. But in the end I look forward too many returns in this investment. Best of luck to all on this journey.
SAM
Had Titan 18cm + 1cm RTE on 1-5-17, blotched surgery, cylinders short. Had revision on 3-15-17 Dr. Kramer to a Titan 22 +1 RTE. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiEZyTjSM2M

Sam

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:31 am

longdayze,

I agree about the variety of situations. There's a gentleman on this board whose penis swole up like the Hindenburg and was purple all over. I've never seen anything like it.

There are guys who swell up like grapefruits in their scrotum. Dr. Kramer assured me that wouldn't happen with him and it didn't. I hardly had any swelling and that is because his technique is so refined that he gets the job done quickly and with less trauma.

I had to have a revision and I did have big time swelling that time due to the amount of work Dr. Knoll had to do. I'm at two weeks and the swelling is lessening but there's quite a ways to go internally still.

One thing Dr. Kramer told me was that all pain should be gone by 3 months. So that is the benchmark I'm aiming for here. I hope to have everything situated right, working, and pain-free in three months post-revision.

At two-week post revision, I'm off pain pills because they have unpleasant side effects. I'm not taking Advil either although that would probably be helpful in reducing the swelling.

Pop a double dose of pain pills when you go for your activation. That should help with the pain! I've had more than one doctor allow me to double up in severe circumstances.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

longdayze

Postby longdayze » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:22 am

Jon
I hope your revision is successful, I've read your post and you have been thru a lot. I saw your pictures and your scrotum had severe swelling, a lot of trauma I suppose. Anyway, I just received a call from my doctors office, he cant see me until next Thursday. As much as I dreaded going tomorrow now I'm really bummed, I have 3 trade shows I have to work next week and can't imagine how I can hide this erection? We usually stand all day and do meet and greet from our booth. I think the show theme is carnival of savings, maybe I rent a baggy clown suit! Damn this could be embarrassing to say the least.
SAM
Had Titan 18cm + 1cm RTE on 1-5-17, blotched surgery, cylinders short. Had revision on 3-15-17 Dr. Kramer to a Titan 22 +1 RTE. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiEZyTjSM2M

Sam

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:33 am

longdayze,

I've read on here where guys cut holes in their underwear so their dicks could point upwards comfortably. Some of them taped their dicks up on their abdomens. I have been wearing track suits the whole time after each of my surgeries at least for 2 weeks. Then when I had to dress up a bit more, I'd wear fairly loose fitting khakis.

longdayze

Postby longdayze » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:50 am

Jon
After surgery the shaft was about 3:30-4:00. I can press the shaft down, not comfortable but doable. Ive tried to pull it up facing underwear waist band and its just too painful anything upward past 3:30. It is like it's too stiff, and I don't want to force it and cause pain or damage. I'm not sure if that is normal as Ive heard others say they could bend the shaft however they wanted. I think I may be pumped 35-40% at the max, just not sure. Some of this could be due to swelling, also I have the Titan which everyone's said is much more rigid? I'll make the best of this as I'm starting to feel better each day.
Sam

Sam

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:03 pm

longdayze wrote:Jon
After surgery the shaft was about 3:30-4:00. I can press the shaft down, not comfortable but doable. Ive tried to pull it up facing underwear waist band and its just too painful anything upward past 3:30. It is like it's too stiff, and I don't want to force it and cause pain or damage. I'm not sure if that is normal as Ive heard others say they could bend the shaft however they wanted. I think I may be pumped 35-40% at the max, just not sure. Some of this could be due to swelling, also I have the Titan which everyone's said is much more rigid? I'll make the best of this as I'm starting to feel better each day.
Sam

Sam,

Sounds like you're dealing with it. I remember it being a bit painful to pull the dick upward flush with my belly, so I agree with you not to force it.

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:18 pm

jonbaldbg wrote:longdayze,

I'd wear fairly loose fitting khakis.

get the ones with front pleats......
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

longdayze

Postby longdayze » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:15 am

Day 8: slept ok, can't wait till be able to sleep on my side, it's just too uncomfortable now. The swelling has reduced dramatically in the scrotum and reveals the pump, its tender but I have explored, it seems huge compared to its new home. Did any of you get the small keychain pump with your Titan from Coloplast? I'm not sure if that is just something that AMS brand offers to IPP patients?, I could call them to inquire. I got dressed briefly yesterday in shorts and drove to CVS, about 2 miles from home. It hurt my whole scrotal area and shaft to seat myself in the car. No wat to adjust myself that I found wasn't uncomfortable. Not sure if anyone else had these issues. Today is Thursday and will start driving an hour each way commute next Monday. I hope things really progress fast, if not I'm not sure how I can return as scheduled. It sounds like Im complaining, but if you consider what all the surgery entails it's really amazing to be this far along in such a short time. Thanks everyone for your replies, time for a cup of coffee, all have a great day.
Sam

Sam

longdayze

Postby longdayze » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:29 pm

How many of you feel the need to continue using a jock strap after your implant? I had bought 1 pair of men's athletic support jock strap, and after going about 1/2 the day without it decided to order more. It seems like the new weight of the scrotum needs the support or you get swelling and discomfort. In case any of you are looking, I found "2(x)ist Men's 3-Pack...". For $21.00 on Amazon and the reviews were all 4*. Hopefully this isn't something I will need to use the remainder of my life, but in the interim during the healing process, what's $21.00 at this point after I've spent thousands on the procedure.

Sam

Return to “Implants”