Kramer or Friedman

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RichardTheFrog

Kramer or Friedman

Postby RichardTheFrog » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:28 am

I had a surgery scheduled with Dr. Kramer in Baltimore, but my local urologist said he does them, too.

The local one is covered more by my insurance so it would be cheaper. I think I'm going to go with the local guy.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

farmallfarmer

Re: Kramer or Friedman

Postby farmallfarmer » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:45 am

I went with a local guy and had a good result. I found out that he was not allowed to take a company 'kickback' so the cost may have been less expensive. There is only so much they can do with the anatomy you have so I am convinced that a well known doc is not necessary.
Taking it easy for a few days and Icing will be necessary for a few days but after that you will be able to resume a somewhat normal lifestyle. Activation will depend on the uro but follow his instructions.
You will be happy with the result!

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:01 pm

How many procedures has Friedman done? is the question I would be asking myself. You want someone very experienced doing surgery on your junk. Even when getting the best surgeons unexpected things can happen. Dr. Kramer was a wonderful doctor all around, amazing in the level of caring and patient care. He's unsurpassed in that. He got my cylinders in far enough and got me maximum possible length. I had no swelling. But, my pump was too high and it caused problems so I had a revision. This time I did it closer to home, Nashville. Dr. Knoll has done over 6000 in his career. Supposedly he is the only doctor that AMS recommends for doing revisions. I got my revision from him and hopefully will get the result I want, but right now I can't tell because with his surgery I have a great amount of swelling and soreness. That wouldn't happen with Kramer.

So, none of them are perfect, but one thing for sure get one that is experienced. I love my local urologist but didn't want him doing my surgery. He told me right off the bat that I would lose an inch of length. That doesn't have to happen.

Good luck with your selection.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:47 pm

Go with Kramer and read "My Journey" under dirtman1993. Goes from before up to 6 months past. All went very well and now have friend from NC going this month.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:52 pm

The local one is covered more by my insurance so it would be cheaper. I think I'm going to go with the local guy.

I had the choice between a Cadillac and a Chevrolet Vega one time. I chose the cheaper Vega. Did the Vega make my wife happy? You guess. d
Last edited by alibaba on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:24 pm

There's truth to the old adage that you get what you pay for. Sometimes it costs a lot to save money.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:08 pm

Kramer's costs weren't terribly out of line with what other places charge. At least I didn't think so.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

stiffupperlip

Postby stiffupperlip » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:44 pm

Go with Kramer. I did and couldn't be happier. There is always a risk in any surgery so it's worth it to get someone who is highly skilled. Especially this type of surgery which is more of an art than a science. And it's not just the surgeon, Kramer has a team that has been with him for a long time.
22cm Titan No RTE's Dr. Kramer Oct 2016

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:04 pm

Kramer and Eid's self pay w/o complications price were both substantially less than Vanderbilt billed for my implant. The price Eid gave 3 years ago would have bought 3 implants for the price of Vanderbilt. For the record, a couple years later she got the DeVille she wanted. Vega was a p.o.c.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

ccrider

Postby ccrider » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:20 pm

stiffupperlip wrote:Go with Kramer. I did and couldn't be happier. There is always a risk in any surgery so it's worth it to get someone who is highly skilled. Especially this type of surgery which is more of an art than a science. And it's not just the surgeon, Kramer has a team that has been with him for a long time.

I agree w/ stiffupperlip 100%: unless you positively can't afford him and/or travel to Baltimore w/ your insurance situation, go with Kramer. I live in a city w/ world-class hospitals/doctors etc. Plenty of competent surgeons here who could've theoretically done the procedure, but as stiffupperlip said, it's as much art as science & that has to be factored in. I also agree that Kramer's team was outstanding...example: anesthesiologist has been with him for ten years. Your local guy may be excellent as well, but I did not want to take any chances with the 'ol package...wanted to go with somebody who was considered by most (including the posters here on Frank Talk) the "gold standard" in the field. Good luck w/ whomever you go with...
...69 years old, married over 30 years, serious ED for around 10 years. AMS 700 LGX 21 cm +3 cm RTE implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Dec 7, 2016.

Return to “Implants”