Titan Touch deflation techniques and expectations

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
topdog

Titan Touch deflation techniques and expectations

Postby topdog » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:20 pm

I thought I'd throw this issue out there to see if I can hear from anyone with similar experiences, especially if they have the Coloplast Titan touch implant. My surgery was performed in Sept 2016.

My issue is with deflation and what I will call backflow.

I'm still trying to find the trick to the deflation issue. I'm finding there is some kind of back flow that sort of feels like a slow leak back to the penis from the reservoir. I get it deflated with some effort but then after a while, the penis chambers fill to a semi-erect state. It's more annoying than anything because the pants push the erect penis inward (picture a straw being bent at the tip.) I feel it when getting in and out of my car, which on my job, I'm doing that all day long.

Yes I've had a few trips to the doctor but he didn't have another suggestion than what I've heard on the site; to try squeezing the inflation bulb once after deflation to reset the deflation latch shut. I've tried that and more but the results are never durably satisfactory. I'm pretty much resigned to take the bad with the good at this point.

mrp2007

Re: Titan Touch deflation techniques and expectations

Postby mrp2007 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:58 pm

I have the titan touch too 11/11/2016.
I have not figured out how to trigger the latch yet.
Deflating is easy. I press the valve, lift my pelvis so that the reservoir is below everything else and wait for a bit (10-20 secs). Let gravity do the work.
Then I can feel all the crinkles and flat tubes.
Haven't been looking for leak back but will pay a bit more attention from now no.
I also try to press the shaft flat against my abdomen with my left hand (2 fingers on top and thumb underneath) and press the valve and perineum with my right. That gets the job done faster.
I have the dip pointing forward and the dimple pointing back.
Probably not much help but I'm interested in tips too.

When cycling I usually press the valve for 5 secs from full pressure, let the stretch pain subside for maybe 5 min and then deflate further.
Sort of exponential decay of pressure. First bit goes very fast.

cheers
Mark
52yo ED after Radical Prostatectomy (Cancer) in 2007. All clear 9yr. Only trimix 0.8ml worked.
Implanted by Dr Katz and Dr Love (assist) 11/11/2016. Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE Infrapublically
Activation on 13/12/2016
Wasn't ready before.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:38 am

My Titan (non-touch) has always back filled a bit and will not stay fully deflated. I routinely deflate it as much as possible a couple of times a day but it just refills - not enough to be uncomfortable, but enough to be a constant nuisance. After almost nine years I'm used to it, but since I've never used the implant there's no upside to having it.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:35 am

I have the same issue. In fact, I am going for my one year check-up next week and intend to talk wtih the doc about it. My backflow is inconsistent, sometimes it will stay deflated. Other times I wind up deflating after urinating and sometimes several times. I am not sure which release valve I have. I don't think it is the one touch as i have to maintain pressure on the deflate valve while squeezing the penis.
Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

topdog

Postby topdog » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:31 pm

Thanks guys. At least I came up with a technique I haven't tried. It seems that my experience is not unique to this particular model which if not a defect is a feature that could use improvement.

I'm going to call the manufacturer and see if i can dig up anymore info. If I find anything helpful I'll share it. Coloplast US 1-888-726-7872

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:38 pm

I have got titan touch ( 28 dec 2015)...I keep pressed the deflaton valve while sqeeze with other hand the cilinders.. i dont release . All works very well
Titan 24cm . December 2015

merrix

Postby merrix » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:04 pm

This seems to be a never-ending story here on FT, as many newly implanted guys will have issues with the deflation and back flow or refill or whatever the proper term is.

I can share my story (again):

I do have the newest model of the Titan, the Titan Touch.
In the early days when I started to cycle (day 13 post op) I had all the issues and then some.
I could not deflate completely (or so I thought), I thought I constantly had a semi-erection.
When I did deflate, I thought there was some back flow and a few hours later I'd had a semi again.
I also couldn't get the 'one-touch' technique to work. I had to constantly press the deflate button during deflation and thought that either my pump was defect or the whole 'one-touch' thing was just a huge marketing hoax.
My Doc told me all the time that the one-touch technique always works great and thought that I simply didn't deflate correctly. I thought he was just saying that to cover his ass. Turned out later he was right, just as he was right about everything else he ever told me (even though I was sceptical to a few of those statements in the early days).
He also told me that the deflation in the early days is not only about the cylinders. It is also about body fluids which are still trapped in the cavernosum after surgery. Hence, when one squeezes the dick to deflate, the cylinders empty and the body fluids are pressed out of the penis. The cylinders stay empty, but the body fluids will flow back slowly over a period of time.

In my case, the deflation works 100% great today. And since it didn't during the early months, I can only draw the conclusion that the problems were not due to the implant itself. It was only due to my inexperience and possibly due to remaining swelling/body fluids.

Today, I press the deflate valve once with a firm press during maybe 2-3 seconds. It can be done with one hand if needed. That will take my erection down to what looks just like a normal dick after orgasm in a few seconds.
If having sex at night, which is the normal case for me having kids in the house, I just leave my dick like that during night. When I get up in the morning it is almost completely drained and totally empty and flaccid. The dick is empty enough and I don't need to do anything more. Meaning I don't need to squeeze it or press the pump once to 'lock' the valve. I can just have my shower, get dressed, and go to work without any issues with my flaccid.
I never get any sort of back flow or refill. Never.

The only time I would squeeze my dick when deflating is if I want to speed up the process. If so, I will first press the deflate button for 2-3 seconds, then I will use one hand to squeeze the dick and one hand to press the perineal area. Normally, after I've done that I will press the pump once as well since I am down there handling stuff anyway.

The difference in the flaccid level between those two scenarios (only pressing the deflate button and then let it drain during night vs squeezing the dick and pressing the perineal area) is minimal. But I do think there is a small difference though, which is quite understandable. 100% of the fluid can never flow out by only pressing the valve, as it can if I press both ends of the cylinders (dick and perineal area). But even the non-pressing method works good enough to give me a good enough flaccid with a minimal size difference to the squeeze-method.

Backflow is never a problem in any of those two scenarios.

So to all of you who say you cannot get your Titan One Touch completely drained, or that it refills after deflation - I think you're either doing something wrong or that your pump/valve simply has a malfunction. But most likely probably you're just not doing it perfectly.
It took me several months to perfect the technique, and that probably means that some guys will do it faster than I did, some will need more time, and some will never perfect it. We're all different.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Return to “Implants”