Been there, Done that; TWICE in One Year

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Artiewood1

Been there, Done that; TWICE in One Year

Postby Artiewood1 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:56 am

Prostatectomy January 2009. Successfully removed all cancer with no radiation or hormone treatment follow-up. No insentience. Partial ED that got worse with time. Pills wouldn't fix it. Injections worked but then caused Peyronie's. Fought it for 7 years.

Since I'm a Tennessee guy I thought I'd go to the best hospital and doctor in Tenn. Surgery at Vanderbilt in March 2016 with poor results. Dr. M apparently undersized me with an AMS LGX that was floppy at the base and floppy at the head. I fought that mess for 6 months thinking regular cycling would stretch it and fix it. Hah! it seemed to get even floppier. Intercourse penetration was very frustrating and nearly impossible. I emailed by doctor in August and couldn't get an appointment until November!

So thanks to the posts on this forum about Dr. Andrew Kramer in Baltimore, I scheduled an appointment and surgery within 3 weeks. What a difference in just meeting Dr. Kramer. He was actually quite encouraging and said a fix is quite possible with an excellent outcome.

So I had revision surgery November 9, 2016. Dr. Kramer installed the AMS CX which I can pump rock hard or anywhere in between. Very stable compared to the floppy dissed I had before.

My wife and I had intercourse 3 weeks and 5 days after surgery. I couldn't be more pleased with my outcome.
Prostatectomy January 2009. Partial ED - Pills wouldn't fix it. Injections caused Peyronie's. Implant AMS LGX March 2016 Vanderbilt => failure. Implant AMS CX November 2016 Dr. Andrew Kramer, Baltimore, MD; "uuuge" success!

Jimbruski

Re: Been there, Done that; TWICE in One Year

Postby Jimbruski » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:04 am

What a great success story. I'm happy for you.

Best of luck bro,

Jim
Implant December 1, 2016; AMS 700 CX 18cm x 12 mm +3.5 cm rte. 69 years old, married 43 years.
ED for 8 years, Peyronies for 3 years.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:25 am

Congrats! Dr. Kramer to the rescue once again - he really is that good.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:20 pm

Very very happy you had a final good outcome. Sorry it was such a disaster with Milam. Enjoy buddy. You and your wife deserve it after what both of you went through. Don't forget boys, this stuff is hard on our wives to. We owe them a lot. Cheers.
Last edited by alibaba on Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Artiewood1

Postby Artiewood1 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:53 pm

Guys,I really appreciate the encouragement. These past 7 years have been tough, but nothing like the disappointment after the Vanderbilt surgery.

Dr. Kramer has been a true blessing to our marriage.
Prostatectomy January 2009. Partial ED - Pills wouldn't fix it. Injections caused Peyronie's. Implant AMS LGX March 2016 Vanderbilt => failure. Implant AMS CX November 2016 Dr. Andrew Kramer, Baltimore, MD; "uuuge" success!

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:05 pm

When I told Dr Kramer that we had never used my implant due to stroke related loss of libido, he offered to refer us to docs who might be able to help. He was very kind, but I declined - I had already been through every possible test, exam, consultation, etc. with no success, and my wife wanted no part of any kind of intervention. This was 8 years after my implant, and I was touched by his continuing concern and willingness to help. He is a great doc, truly one of a kind.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:25 am

Second time's the charm..... My two implants were a year and a day apart..... 2.5 years after the second implant, all is great....
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

ValPinto

Postby ValPinto » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:25 pm

Watch his hands in the videos, there's nothing like it in the world currently. Anyone on here- either go to him or at least get a chance to watch his hands in these videos tying and sewing- pretty incredible.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:55 pm

MarloStanfield1940 wrote:Agree, definitely Kramer has those magical (and speedy) hands in those videos, no doubt. I'm not in in a "kramer fan club", i'm not agreeing with others that those surgeries are so smooth as butter.

Well, Dr. Kramer is a wonderful guy with a great reputation. I've never had a doctor I really liked any better due his commitment to his patients and patient care. But, he's not perfect. He got a lot of my procedure done really well, but I ended up with the pump too high and to the left. I'm having to get a revision.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

stiffupperlip

Postby stiffupperlip » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:06 pm

Jon,

Does the location of your pump cause any pain and does it affect intercourse?
22cm Titan No RTE's Dr. Kramer Oct 2016

Return to “Implants”