New implant erection points down!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
javon99

New implant erection points down!

Postby javon99 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:55 am

I have had total ED since a prostatectomy 2+ years ago. I had an AMS CX implant done (infrapubic) 12 weeks ago. Surgical measurements were 9 cm (internal) and 15 cm (external) which is 24 cm total. The surgeon implanted a 21 cm device along with 3 cm of RTE's. (I had asked for as little RTE's as possible.) While I was in recovery, the surgeon left it 100% inflated until the next morning when I went home. At that time, it was like I had an I-beam projecting perpendicular to my body. The angle was fixed at 90 degrees to my body, rock solid, with no ability to move up or down. This was really encouraging after 2 years of ED!

My healing process has not gone very well so far. The pump is placed very high in my scrotum with the pump resting against my left testicle, which is very painful (probably due to the infrapubic approach). I have had a lot of difficulties attempting to inflate and deflate it. My biggest complaint is that when pumped up and erect, my penis hangs almost straight down toward my toes, which I HATE! There is almost no difference between flaccid and erect.

The length is the same, flaccid or erect. The girth is the same. The cylinders are always filled with fluid and have the same diameter. The penis angle is almost straight down when flaccid or erect. The "hinge" angle (how much I can point it up or down at the base) is anywhere from straight down to straight up against my belly, which I would expect when flaccid, but NOT when pumped up and erect! The only noticeable difference between flaccid and erect is the hardness (rigidity) of the penis itself.

My surgeon says all is OK, and the downward pointing erection is just fine for sex. This is profoundly disappointing. I am not at all happy with this result! Things seemed great right after surgery when it was as rigid as an I-beam. No "hinge" effect at all. Now I can move my erection all the way from pointing toward my toes, all the way to up against my belly. Does anyone else have this problem after getting an implant? Why would it be this bad when it seemed to be so perfect right after surgery?

I am in the process of getting a second opinion from 2 other implant surgeons, but can't get appointments until early January. I'm beginning to wonder if I will have to re-do the surgery with another surgeon. I consider a downward pointing erection to be worthless. I welcome and appreciate all opinions about this lousy result.
73, total ED since 7/2014 after DaVinci prostatectomy. Tried all ED options. Even "super trimix" injections failed.
9/15/2016 Implant with AMS CX 21cm w/ 3 cm RTE's, infrapubic.
Disappointed with downward pointing erection.

strongagain

Re: New implant erection points down!

Postby strongagain » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:09 am

What's the name of the surgeon? By the way, a 'signature' is always a good thing.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:16 am

I tend to believe that the same people who think the infrapubic approach is ideal are the same people who thought the chevy vega and ford pinto were great cars. Hinging down like that is a common known with tip extenders. High pumps with infrapubic seem the norm too. As one doctor told me, infrapubic is best suited for doctors with little training as it is a simple way for them to install and implant quickly. Chose your revising doctor well. I have had several doctors tell me "The only thing I care about is that it gets hard". Dr. Bullock, and Milam among them. The way they say that same exact line makes you think they are trained by the implant sales reps to say that to help avoid future litigation when the outcome sucks. Hope you find a way to improve it.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:25 am

If you can move your erection that much ... then I would suggest that you are not fully pumped up. Max pumped I can barely move my erection in any direction ...

Why are your cylinders always filled with fluid? Try squeezing your shaft while holding open the deflate button ...
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:11 pm

I had a scrotal procedure by a world class doctor. Even at that I ended up with a pump too high and to the left. 2 months later it hurts at the point where the tubes attach to the cylinders on the left side when I inflate.

I am going to have a revision and get that pump down where it belongs and the tubes out of the way of intercourse. I'm using a doctor that my original surgeon recommended because he's only an hour from me and he has done more implants in his day than my original (he's also 20 years older). This guy is the one AMS sends all their revisions in the area to. The interesting thing is that he's infra-public. So, there must be some decent infra-public doctors out there. Anyway, he's going to do my revision scrotally.

My implant never points down even flaccid. When I inflate it isn't quite at 90 degrees but I think it's gradually improving. It is certainly in a good enough position for sex. And, I can't press it down straight, that would hurt. I don't believe I have any RTEs so pressing down straight while inflated would be a bad idea anyway.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

javon99

Postby javon99 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:28 pm

Figured out how to create a signature.

Surgeon was Dr. Derek Zukosky, in Denver. There are not any high volume surgeons in Denver and I can't travel due to my wife's health. Zukosky had one date in September where he was doing some complex revision surgeries along with Dr. Karpman from the west coast. They had one opening which I grabbed because it seemed to give me the advantage of a high volume guy, but eliminating the need to travel. (My first choice if I could have traveled would have been Dr. Eid.)

I had reservations about infrapubic, but the doctor assured me it was the best way to go as you could activate it sooner since there was no healing of a scrotal incision. But my post-op pain has been SO bad, I had to wait 11 weeks before I could even attempt to cycle it. (Plenty of time for scar tissue to develop...) Now, I wish I hadn't had the infrapubic, due to all my current problems.

I have a lot of difficulty using the device. The bulb feels as hard as a marble. Squeezing hard enough to cause it to "pop" so I can inflate is about as painful as trying to do surgery on oneself. The release button is right up against the left testicle, which is always crying out with pain. I finally figured out how to grab the pump, twist it 90 degrees to make the release button accessible, and then pushing it for several seconds. I then squeeze the shaft, but can't get the fluid out. The cylinders feel almost exactly the same when flaccid as they do when erect. I wonder if there is too much fluid and the reservoir is full. I have only had one time with successfully inflating and deflating, and that was while I was soaking in a tub with hot water. The pain from that took over 24 hours to go away.

It would seem like having so much hinge effect when inflated would indicate it is not totally inflated. But I asked the doctor to fully inflate it at my last appointment and it still pointed down. I didn't get to check the amount of hinge effect though.

There are other issues with this implant as well. My penis now exits my body over on the right side near my right leg. It exits angling to the right, and then curves back to the left when flaccid. Looks like a bad case of Peyronies. I can easily feel the tubing that wraps around the left side of the penis, and that area has considerable pain. The scrotum has the left testicle up very high and the right one hanging very low. The pump is right under my penis where it is very hard to access. The whole thing looks grossly deformed. Of course, I also lost over an inch in length, even though I used a VED religiously twice a day for several months prior to surgery. I guess I could live with all of that if I could get a rigid straight out pointing erection.

I'm wondering if I could get a revision surgery and NOT reuse the infrapubic entry?
73, total ED since 7/2014 after DaVinci prostatectomy. Tried all ED options. Even "super trimix" injections failed.
9/15/2016 Implant with AMS CX 21cm w/ 3 cm RTE's, infrapubic.
Disappointed with downward pointing erection.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:07 pm

javon99 wrote:Figured out how to create a signature.

Surgeon was Dr. Derek Zukosky, in Denver. There are not any high volume surgeons in Denver and I can't travel due to my wife's health. Zukosky had one date in September where he was doing some complex revision surgeries along with Dr. Karpman from the west coast. They had one opening which I grabbed because it seemed to give me the advantage of a high volume guy, but eliminating the need to travel. (My first choice if I could have traveled would have been Dr. Eid.)

I had reservations about infrapubic, but the doctor assured me it was the best way to go as you could activate it sooner since there was no healing of a scrotal incision. But my post-op pain has been SO bad, I had to wait 11 weeks before I could even attempt to cycle it. (Plenty of time for scar tissue to develop...) Now, I wish I hadn't had the infrapubic, due to all my current problems.

I have a lot of difficulty using the device. The bulb feels as hard as a marble. Squeezing hard enough to cause it to "pop" so I can inflate is about as painful as trying to do surgery on oneself. The release button is right up against the left testicle, which is always crying out with pain. I finally figured out how to grab the pump, twist it 90 degrees to make the release button accessible, and then pushing it for several seconds. I then squeeze the shaft, but can't get the fluid out. The cylinders feel almost exactly the same when flaccid as they do when erect. I wonder if there is too much fluid and the reservoir is full. I have only had one time with successfully inflating and deflating, and that was while I was soaking in a tub with hot water. The pain from that took over 24 hours to go away.

It would seem like having so much hinge effect when inflated would indicate it is not totally inflated. But I asked the doctor to fully inflate it at my last appointment and it still pointed down. I didn't get to check the amount of hinge effect though.

There are other issues with this implant as well. My penis now exits my body over on the right side near my right leg. It exits angling to the right, and then curves back to the left when flaccid. Looks like a bad case of Peyronies. I can easily feel the tubing that wraps around the left side of the penis, and that area has considerable pain. The scrotum has the left testicle up very high and the right one hanging very low. The pump is right under my penis where it is very hard to access. The whole thing looks grossly deformed. Of course, I also lost over an inch in length, even though I used a VED religiously twice a day for several months prior to surgery. I guess I could live with all of that if I could get a rigid straight out pointing erection.

I'm wondering if I could get a revision surgery and NOT reuse the infrapubic entry?

Wow. Nothing but sympathy from me. Can you get a revision from a different surgeon? You seem to have a pretty complicated mess going on and you need a good revisionist to take care of this. If you were to go to Eid in New York, he'd remove it all and replace it all. I've heard that is his go-to recommendation, but in your case it might very well be the way to go! Good luck with everything.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:26 pm

Sorry you have to deal with this. Sounds much like mine in many respects. I have no doubt much of it is associated with the infrapubic. Just this month 3 people with infrapubic having to have their implant redone due to issues. How are these doctors learning to do this stuff? A fold out brochure in a kit from Bangladesh?
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:53 pm

What's odd is that a physician with a good reputation like Knoll in Nashville is infra-pubic. There must be a way to do it right.

longdayze

Postby longdayze » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:10 pm

Guys, I watched several video's of Dr. Paul Perito who is the leader in the info-pubic. He states his big reasons for using this procedure is less chance of infection, quicker recovery and less chance of damaging the ureatha. His website states:

The Perito Minimally Invasive Penile Implant (The Perito Implant™) has been perfected over a decade of successful penile implant procedures. The penile implant surgery takes less than 15 minutes and is performed under local anesthesia, with most men reporting full recovery in 4-6 weeks.
He has many YouTube videos showing the entire procedure, and is a very talented surgeon. Many doctors have trained under his practice.

Good Luck!!
Had Titan 18cm + 1cm RTE on 1-5-17, blotched surgery, cylinders short. Had revision on 3-15-17 Dr. Kramer to a Titan 22 +1 RTE. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiEZyTjSM2M

Sam

Return to “Implants”