Dr. Kramer, Baltimore

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jonbaldbg

Re: Dr. Kramer, Baltimore

Postby jonbaldbg » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:57 am

merrix wrote:jonbaldbg,
If I were you, I'd take the tip pain very seriously. The last thing you want is erosion. Then you're in real trouble.
Hold off on the cycling for a while. A week or a few days without inflating is not going to have any impact whatsoever on your length a year from now on. But it might save you a lot of trouble.
When starting again, go soft. Never push it beyond level of discomfort. Pain is a signal worth listening to.
That's what I would have done. Do what you think is right.

Thanks for the advice. I think it is solid. I have Emailed Dr. Kramer and may Email Dr. Knoll who will be doing a revision on my pump's location. They are both very high volume so perhaps they will know what's going on.

I really DON'T want erosion.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

stiffupperlip

Postby stiffupperlip » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:40 am

Jon,

I thought you didn't have any RTE's or was I mistaken?
22cm Titan No RTE's Dr. Kramer Oct 2016

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:57 am

Just made my surgery date for January 11th.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:30 pm

stiffupperlip wrote:Jon,

I thought you didn't have any RTE's or was I mistaken?

Well, that is an interesting question. I discovered the wallet cards they gave me did not list the LGX and did show one RTE.

Dr. Kramer has been investigating because he's sure he used and LGX and specifically used the longest cylinders possible to avoid the use of RTEs. He has checked the audio on his video and he hears himself asking for the LGX.

So, there may be some kind of mix up on the card, or maybe someone handed him the wrong implant. It doesn't matter at this point, I have what I have.

By the way, the model listed on the card is a little stiffer than the LGX and is better for guys with Peyronies which I had. So, I guess whichever model I have it's a win win. :D
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

OttoHS

Postby OttoHS » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:29 pm

I was implanted by Dr Kramer in November 2015 (AMS CX). I have been very happy with My implant and post surgery communication with Dr Kramer. I may not post as often as some other Kramer patients here on FT or be as effusive with my comments. But, I echo all of the positive things others have written about him. He is a great surgeon and a great guy. I recommend him without reservation.
Last edited by OttoHS on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:27 am

jonbaldbg wrote:

Well, that is an interesting question. I discovered the wallet cards they gave me did not list the LGX and did show one RTE.

Dr. Kramer has been investigating because he's sure he used and LGX and specifically used the longest cylinders possible to avoid the use of RTEs. He has checked the audio on his video and he hears himself asking for the LGX.

So, there may be some kind of mix up on the card, or maybe someone handed him the wrong implant.

The implant card they gave me only says " AMS700 3 piece implant" No mention of model or size. I called AMS after the surgery as well as Vanderbilt. I was told the card come blank, a nurse fills them out and they seldom say more than that. My record says AMS LGX but no mention of size. The only way I have any idea of size is one of the students in the surgery told me the size before I was released. AMS says little to no information is normal and they have no record who gets what which seem VERY odd to me. All implantable devices I am aware of have a serial number and are recorded in case of a recall.
Attachments
IMG_0127.JPG
IMG_0127.JPG (45.02 KiB) Viewed 2072 times
IMG_0128.JPG
IMG_0128.JPG (118.94 KiB) Viewed 2072 times
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:31 am

Why does the implant card have 2 pages of operating instructions on it? Do the plan for the TSA inspector to pump up your dick to see if it is a bomb and want to make sure your best hard on is on display?
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:17 am

It is highly unlikely that any urologist that has done more than one implant will have perfect results every time. And judging the volume of mistakes versus success by those posting here is probably the most unscientific process ever created as most guys likely dont know about this site and of the ones that do who have success why post versus move on with great relief. High volume docs like Eid and Kramer are however more likely to have mastered the skills to reduce the bad outcomes. And as mentioned already if you have an issue big or small postop having someone who cares about their patients and responds like Dr Kramer means everything to the eventual outcome. I have never had any physician, even friends that are docs, be more responsive and understanding than Dr Kramer. And the trip and stay in Baltimore even during the riots a year and a half ago when mine was done (I almost cancelled) was great!!!!! The inner harbor and hospital was actually very nice. Worth a trip of 10 hours by car to see him. He is truly one of the best.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:51 am

alibaba wrote:
jonbaldbg wrote:

So, there may be some kind of mix up on the card, or maybe someone handed him the wrong implant.

The implant card they gave me only says " AMS700 3 piece implant" No mention of model or size. I called AMS after the surgery as well as Vanderbilt. I was told the card come blank, a nurse fills them out and they seldom say more than that. My record says AMS LGX but no mention of size. The only way I have any idea of size is one of the students in the surgery told me the size before I was released. AMS says little to no information is normal and they have no record who gets what which seem VERY odd to me. All implantable devices I am aware of have a serial number and are recorded in case of a recall.

Alibaba,

I thought you might like to look at my cards. Indeed there are stickers placed on it to show the information on your model number, serial number, RTEs, etc. Dr. Kramer has continued his research and still doesn't know what happened with the card. However, he listened to the full, original video of my surgery (prior to his editing for Youtube) and he heard himself ask for the LGX. So someone either dispensed the wrong card or handed him the wrong implant. The model on my card is firmer than the LGX and therefore better for Peyronies patient but it doesn't expand in length. The LGX expands in length. So, there is a benefit to either version I may have.

I plan to ask Dr. Knoll if he will be able to tell if there are RTEs while he is inside doing my revision. That will put the question to rest because Dr. Kramer believes he implanted an LGX without RTEs, whereas the card says I have a CX with RTEs.

Notice the stickers on the card...

AMS Card.JPG
AMS Card.JPG (61.56 KiB) Viewed 2062 times

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:58 am

I also chose Dr. Kramer and that was a year after deciding I needed an implant. If you can locate "My Journey" by dairyman here, it has a lot of photos as I heal and a complete as to what I went through. To this day I still am in contact with Dr. Kramer and he is always there for me. The photos were taken during the healing process and are about five months after surgery. I am still inflating everyday and should recover all size after 2 years based on other guys who have gotten the LGX model. When I try to stretch out more I get a burn like one gets while lifting weights.

I hope all goes well with you and Dr. Kramer and his team are the best.
Attachments
Unknown.jpg
Unknown.jpg (51.09 KiB) Viewed 2062 times
IMG_0649.JPG
IMG_0649.JPG (108.99 KiB) Viewed 2062 times
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

Return to “Implants”