Movingon's Journey

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
movingon

Movingon's Journey

Postby movingon » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:55 pm

Hi guys,

I joined the brotherhood last Wednesday. Things are going way better than expected. I drove to Baltimore and saw Dr. Kramer on Tuesday, and Wednesday had it done. All went well. He used the AMS LGX. That was his recommendation and since he is the doctor I thought it best to follow his advice. I was the first surgery in the morning and by 11:30 was back at the hotel. There was some amount of pain in the tip of the penis, but it seemed to be more from the catheter tubing and the jock strap I was dressed in at the hospital. I took one pain pill that night and the next day only took the occasional Motrin. I really have had no pain with this at all. I drove my wife and me back home for two days in heavy traffic, about 1,000 miles. We got home late Saturday and I was back to work today. I have an office type job. There is some swelling in the scrotum still, but not much really. The pump seems to be at the right height. I have almost no bruising at all.

This web site was instrumental in my going forward with this procedure. Thank you all for your thoughts and comments and experiences through this process.

I have had ED for about 20 years, now I have moved on. As most of you have done, I did all the other things to get hard and when the first one failed I went on to the next one until my options ran out. Looking back on it, I would have had the surgery done sooner if I had been aware it was available and had the supportive comments and stories of you all. My wife of 44 years is the family researcher and she found Franktalk.org in her quest to find an answer to our problem. I have to thank my wife for her efforts in all of this as she studied all of the different doctors, methods of implants, and brands of devices. She was able to find this information only from the Brotherhood at Franktalk. I really feel this is a life changing event in a already good life.

I must say the care I received from Dr. Kramer and his staff was the best. My outcome so far is amazing as nothing hurts. One word of advice I had read on this site,is its your dick where talking about, spend what you need to, to get it done right. And go where you give yourself the best chance of success. Here's the link to the video of my surgery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmAvPVr ... e=youtu.be

Now, just like my new Bionic Brothers, I have a nice stiffy :D
63 years old, married almost 44 years, ED for 20 years. AMS LGX 24.5 cm implanted by Dr Kramer on Nov 23, 2016

dg_moore

Re: Movingon's Journey

Postby dg_moore » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:11 am

Congratulations! Dr. Kramer and his team are the best - your experience sounds like mine and many others'. The biggest difference between our stories is that I didn't learn of the existence of FT until long after I got the implant, and that my wife chose to have nothing to do with any part of the implant, before or after, other than drive me home after the procedure. She believed it was foolish and unnecessary, but that if I really wanted it I should go ahead. Ironically, she was right.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:15 am

So happy for you, man! It looks great, and I hope you and your wife enjoy it. (My wife and I have been together for 43 years, and with an implant for the last 14 years.) Well-trained and well-respected urologists are a real gift (as are those who invented and continue to improve the implant)!

Jimbruski

Postby Jimbruski » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:24 am

I'm really happy for you! Your recovery seems to have been a breeze. I'm due for my implant on Dec. 1 and I hope my goes as easy as yours.

Please continue your posts so that we can compare notes.

Good luck!

Jim
Implant December 1, 2016; AMS 700 CX 18cm x 12 mm +3.5 cm rte. 69 years old, married 43 years.
ED for 8 years, Peyronies for 3 years.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:27 pm

That 'nice stiffy' will drive you crazy but it will make activation and cycling easier! :( Great report. Things will a 'lot harder' in about 3 weeks. Welcome to our 'bionic brotherhood'! 8-) Keep us posted on your amazing journey. Add a signature. It gives us vital stats about you. :P
Praying for an awesome recovery !
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

movingon

Postby movingon » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:09 pm

I'm now 11 days post implant, my incision is healing nicely and I've had virtually no pain. My scrotum is almost back to its normal size, I can feel where the pump is located at the very bottom of my scrotum. After driving home from Baltimore on Friday and Saturday ( about 1,000 miles, I drove all of it, no problem) I went back to work on Monday and worked my normal schedule for the week. I only took one of the prescription pain pills the night after the surgery and some ibuprofen on the drive home. I had a small bruise on the side of my penis and some light bruising on my scrotum. It's all been gone for several days now.

From reading the experiences of my fellow bionic brothers, I was concerned about the location of the pump. I spoke with Dr Kramer about my concerns and he assured me it wouldn't be a problem. If you watch my video, you'll see he made an incision in the scrotum and placed the pump through it so it won't move. Because of that, I haven had to pull down on my pump-lt can't migrate upwards.

I haven't tried squeezing the pump yet, it seems very counter intuitive to grab something in your sack and squeeze it! Dr Kramer said I can activate 3-4 weeks after the surgery and he will send instructions. Since we live so far away, we're not planning to return to Baltimore for the follow up activation appointment. He will walk me through it over the phone and we'll FaceTime if necessary. If I can't figure it out on my own (he seemed pretty sure I could) he'll find a local urologists for me to see.

I want to tell you how personable and informative Dr Kramer is. He's friendly and open, very easy to talk too. He's enthusiastic about his work and seemed genuinely concerned that I would be extremely satisfied with the end result. I felt like he was tailoring my surgery to me and I was not not just another patient. During my prep visit we discussed all aspects of the surgery and talked about the different devices. He said I had great stretch (stretched it more than I ever would) and the LGX is what he recommended.

Many of you on this forum have discussed your experiences with your doctors and your satisfaction with the results. It was so helpful to me. I would recommend Dr Kramer without reservation. I'm sharing my great experience with you so that those of you who haven't become bionic yet will know that it can happen with minimal trauma-physical or emotional.
63 years old, married almost 44 years, ED for 20 years. AMS LGX 24.5 cm implanted by Dr Kramer on Nov 23, 2016

movingon

Postby movingon » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:52 pm

It's been two and a half weeks since my surgery and my incision is almost completely healed. I can feel the pump really good, haven't grabbed it too hard yet but I'm thinking about it. I don't have any soreness left; it feels like nothing happened to it (besides the stiffy, of course).

The excitement is building around the house in anticipation of my activation :D . I've tested fired it a couple of times and it seems to be in excellent working condition. I'm pretty pumped up about activation!

So far, all is good. I've emailed Dr Kramer a couple of times about my incision. As it healed the sutures got little white spots on them and I was concerned. He replied within a couple of hours, reassuring me that it was part of the healing process and nothing to worry about. I think in a day or two the incision will be barely noticeable.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:56 pm

Fabulous! Keep on the same track! Cheers.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:41 am

Do you have any RTEs? Once you are inflated, tell us please where your dick is pointing to, i. e. 2 o' clock etc.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:37 pm

I have 5.5 in RTEs. I can totally deflate and no backfill. On my back my dick is at 2:00 and standing at 3. No problems with intercourse and no hinge just a good spring,! ;)
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Return to “Implants”