Hmph. What do you think of this?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

Hmph. What do you think of this?

Postby alibaba » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:55 pm

I got an email notification from a "captainurosurgeon" this morning that says he saw one of my posts copied on another forum telling me: "
You should wait two years or more for your implant to settle in and to get used to it before you disparage any surgeon about the quality of your implant. You are doing a disservice to patients and surgeons. No decisions about the quality of your implant should be made before that time. Captain Uro.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

dg_moore

Re: Hmph. What do you think of this?

Postby dg_moore » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:43 pm

IMO he might have a point if the complaint is some minor quibble about something that falls within standards but displeases the patient. But for a case as egregious as yours I'd say he's way off base.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:28 pm

What that person wrote is BS. An implant works from the beginning, if not get it fixed or replaced.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:52 pm

Strongman, I tend to agree. It is the same line of bullshit they told me after the prostatectomy. Wait a couple years to get your length back and for it to start working again. I do not know anyone who had much improvement over 2 years after a prostatectomy unless they were very lucky with double nerve sparing which is rare. I had no nerves spared. I didn't and a friend of a friend did not either. He also got an implant and now hates it due to his issues plus his artificial urinary sphincter has had to be replaced twice in a year.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

DannyP

Postby DannyP » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:49 pm

I also agree with u the doctors don't tell u truth about the recovery of getting an erections after prostate surgery. I fell for that line too after my surgery at the age of 52. I'm 69 and it still not getting erection. And I did everything they told me to do. It's disappointing and it does not helps us mental.dannyp

joe456

Postby joe456 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:55 pm

I guess i should feel lucky no cancer here just diebeties and ed that will be fix soon
none

Lenny1965

Postby Lenny1965 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:37 pm

Ali, I think it is safe to say the message from the doctor is a hoax.
Going with AMS in nov 2016. Provider is Coastal Urology Assoc, Brick, NJ, Dr. Kevin T. Gioia

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:16 pm

Maybe not. Dr. Lavine in Chicago told me I should wait a year to a year and a half before deciding to do anything with my implant and I've had couple emails in the past when I was on here about me trashing Milam. One of the reasons I'd not been here for a while. Negativity was not helping any. Had a couple emails back then and I don't know how anyone got my email address. Only 4 ppl here and admin had it. 1 person I am sure did not give it out, 1 person dropped of the radar after a good implant, 1 has had other issues and not been here but a couple times in the last few months and 1 just rcd my address and I do not think there is any chance it came from him. I replied to captain doctor or whoever his name was but had no response. Email was too direct to the issue to be spam.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:18 pm

For the record, the message was not from Lavine. I only got 1 email from him months ago and he said it would be he last because he does not do email putting things in writing.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:20 pm

I can only think of 2 other implant forums I've been on but never posted and it only had 45 members I think and another only had 140 some but it was nothing but horse $hit selling doctors and impotency meds and that was a long long time ago.

Return to “Implants”