Just had the Implant.......what can I expect

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jpr042

Just had the Implant.......what can I expect

Postby jpr042 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:19 am

Ok......I had the Coloplast Titan 20cm installed by Dr. Eid on Friday, Oct 28 in NYC. I should have taken his suggestion and booked the hotel across from the hospital. Nevertheless the first day was close to impossibly painful and ended up doubling oxycodone dose twice that day. The next day everything was so much better. I am now 9 days later, still somewhat erect, still somewhat sensitive, but I am concerned about two issues: 1) the scar tissue forming around the pump in the scrotum. It is a very hard round mass on the end of the pump just smaller than a ping pong ball; 2) the tips of the cylinder heads are not lined up under meatus.

Are these concerns to be expected and will they fall into place as time passes or as the cylinders are extended fully or should I freak out and opt for a sex change!!

Donnie1954

Re: Just had the Implant.......what can I expect

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:05 am

Dude,
Don't mess with anything down there! Just let it heal. ;) Everything is different once the swelling goes down. Just chill and rest. 8-)
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Lenny1965

Postby Lenny1965 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:59 am

JPR, thanks for sharing your story. Would you or anyone be able to tell me if I can drive myself home the next day? You said " first day was close to impossibly painful and ended up doubling oxycodone dose twice that day" . . . what about morning of day 2, could you have driven yourself home on oxycodone? Thanks.
Going with AMS in nov 2016. Provider is Coastal Urology Assoc, Brick, NJ, Dr. Kevin T. Gioia

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:16 am

Hurt, hurt, hurt....... Worry, worry, worry...... Wait.... Heal..... Have fun.....
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:09 am

Lenny1965 wrote:JPR, thanks for sharing your story. Would you or anyone be able to tell me if I can drive myself home the next day? You said " first day was close to impossibly painful and ended up doubling oxycodone dose twice that day" . . . what about morning of day 2, could you have driven yourself home on oxycodone? Thanks.

Every case is different. Some here have reported driving themselves home the day after surgery, and a few have described significant discomfort for the first several days. In my case, I would have been able to drive myself home (but didn't have to since my wife did the driving). There's no way of predicting what your situation will be.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Ronnie62

Postby Ronnie62 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:06 pm

I had the Coloplast Titan Touch Implant put in two years ago. I had a very painful 16 week recovery - but I have to tell you - it was worth every bit of it. I absolutely love that I can get it up at any time, for as log as I want!!! So does my wife!!
My issues were that the implant was inserted from my scrotum - as opposed to the abdomen.
I spent many hours in the bathtub, soaking and taking oxycodones for quite a while.
Even so - this implant is just fantastic. I had prostate cancer in 2004 and had I have know about this I would have had it done way back.

I had major discomfort sitting when I was recovering as my scrotum was very very sensative for the 10-16 weeks of my recovery.
Now - all is great!!!

Now - no stress, no anxiety, just pump it up and you are ready to go!!!
I can't understand why any normal healthy guy not would not get this !!!!

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:01 pm

Can you contact Dr. Eid by phone or Email. I have Emailed Dr. Kramer many times since my surgery 25 days ago and he's always been helpful. He'd tell me what I should do and why that was the case.

I am at day 25 and am sore, but quite tolerably sore, so I guess I should be grateful. I can't imagine a very painful 16 week recovery. That must have been awful. But, I love the way everyone says "it was totally worth it. I'd do it again." That gives me great hope.

I was told in advance to spend a minimum of 48 -72 hours on my back icing every so often, keeping the scrotum up. I wouldn't have thought of driving home the next day. My surgery was on Wednesday morning first thing. I was allowed to leave on the airplane Saturday and drive myself home. Even at that I wondered if it was too soon, but Dr. Kramer came to my hotel, checked me out and gave me the go ahead.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

Lenny1965

Postby Lenny1965 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:22 pm

jonbald, why couldn't u have driven the next day? it would have just been uncomfortable, right? but u could have driven the next day? or why not exactly? thanks
Going with AMS in nov 2016. Provider is Coastal Urology Assoc, Brick, NJ, Dr. Kevin T. Gioia

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:12 pm

Listen to ddbryan: "Don't touch ANYTHING down there!" Leave it alone until the doctor gives a go-ahead. After 8 weeks get that VED going. Other than that: Don't touch ANYTHING down there!
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:23 pm

Lenny1965 wrote:jonbald, why couldn't u have driven the next day? it would have just been uncomfortable, right? but u could have driven the next day? or why not exactly? thanks

The reason for lying around two days is to reduce swelling and allow healing to begin. Healing in the first 2-3 days is critical. Based on the way I felt, I wouldn't have wanted to drive either.

These are the discharge instructions I received:

Post-Operative Care, please observe the following:

Apply antibiotic ointment sparingly, 2 times a day for 5 days.

After this procedure, it is common for bruising and swelling to occur. It is extremely important for 48-72 hours to keep your scrotum elevated, and stay in a flat or reclined position. Ice the area for 5-10 minutes, 3 to 4 times a day, for the first 3-4 days. A bag of frozen peas is ideal for this. Limit the amount of standing upright for 3-5 days. Lay flat with your feet up, to prevent swelling.

Activity should be kept to a minimum. On the third day after surgery, you can begin light activity, and increase movement as you improve. Wait 3 weeks before resuming cardio exercises and 4 weeks before doing weight training. You can return to work as soon as you are ready, but it is recommended to return 1-2 weeks after the procedure.

A certain amount of fluid remains in the cylinders at all times. This is to prevent formation of scarring on a completely deflated cylinder. It is therefore normal for patients to feel that a partial or full erection is present during this post-operative period. As swelling subsides, stretching of the penis will occur and the penis will eventually return to a more flaccid (soft) state.

Upon discharge, you will receive a couple of prescriptions.
 One of these is a pain medication, which should be taken to provide comfort. It is not uncommon for pain to increase somewhat for 3-5 days after the procedure as your activity level increases.
 An oral antibiotic will also be given, with instructions on how to take it given to you as well. This is usually taken for 1 week.

You will typically schedule a follow up appointment if you live within a reasonable distance of the medical center. This will be at about 4-6 weeks after the initial procedure, to “activate” your device, and make sure it works and teach you how to use it. Do not attempt to manipulate the prosthesis after surgery until you are cleared to do so at your post-operative visit.

If you are from out of town and cannot reasonably make it to these appointments (this is very common), we have a process in place. I will typically speak to you at the 1-2 week point, or more often if necessary, to check in on your progress. Then, at the 4 week point, I can walk you through the use of the device, or find someone locally to see you and teach you to use the device. I am always available here in Baltimore if you would like to return for device teaching or follow up.
The following symptoms are normal after surgery: Pain, swelling, tenderness, bruising, spotting and constipation.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

Return to “Implants”