How long were you sore?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jonbaldbg

How long were you sore?

Postby jonbaldbg » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:16 pm

I am at 18 days post op and I am wondering how my soreness compares to the rest of you guys. My penis is sensitive and certainly not ready to use. That is to be expected at this point.

My pump apparatus hands toward the left side of my scrotum and I pull down twice a day. There is a soreness up inside there it seems where the tubing goes back into my body. It's kind of hard to isolate, but that is my best guess. It's very tolerable but I'm wondering how this compares to the soreness you guys felt at this point.

I wouldn't think of pumping up just yet. I do believe when I get activated at 4 weeks there is going to be some discomfort because I shrink up if not erect. There will be quite a bit of stretching going on.

I wouldn't feel comfortable activating right now at 18 days. Do any of you guys have info on when your internal and penile soreness went away?
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

ED2013

Re: How long were you sore?

Postby ED2013 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:24 pm

Everybody heals differently. For me it took around three weeks. I would say that your experience is normal, and you'll be pain free and enjoying your implant soon.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:25 pm

Surgery on Oct. 3. Started cycling implant on Oct. 24. Some tenderness but no meds. necessary. ;)
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:49 pm

Guys,

Does your pump hand down in the very middle or is it off to one side. Mine is off to the left side. There may be a reason for that, I don't know.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

oddjob

Postby oddjob » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:18 pm

My pump hangs down in the middle and bottom of my sack...the right and left testicles are set higher than the pump...does not look anything like My normal pre-implant scrotum, but it's my new normal...my wife has been skittish to get it on as she says the "bolts" at the base of my penis (from the connection pieces of the AMS LGX) look "painful" to her...I know it's a mental thing with her, but it's keeping us from having sex.
Implanted with AMS 700 LGX on July 29, 2016 by Dr. Stackhouse Tripler Army Medical Center
59 yr old type II diabetic with artificial aortic heart valve

Lenny1965

Postby Lenny1965 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:06 am

Oddjob, I thought the implant wasn't visible? But you're saying yours is? If so, do you think it's not installed correctly?
Going with AMS in nov 2016. Provider is Coastal Urology Assoc, Brick, NJ, Dr. Kevin T. Gioia

oddjob

Postby oddjob » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:53 am

I am positive the implant is correctly installed, but with a flaccid penis that either hangs to the left or right, the connection nodes of the implant show as "ears" near the base of the penis...as others have reported, the "ears" are a common occurrence when flaccid...but when the implant is inflated, the "ears" are not visible.
Implanted with AMS 700 LGX on July 29, 2016 by Dr. Stackhouse Tripler Army Medical Center

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:26 am

Oddjob,

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with your wife. It would seem she'd try to work with you. Maybe if the doctor talked to her?

Also, I thought that having the pump between your balls and hanging down a bit was the proper way. That way it's easy to access and pump, rather than up near your other stuff.

oddjob

Postby oddjob » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:26 pm

Jonbaldbg
I agree, my pump is positioned for best access and it's easy to cycle the implant...especially now at 12 weeks post-op, all the swelling is gone and the release button is easy to find and operate.
Joe

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:17 pm

Guys,

I'm going to reactivate this thread. I had intercourse again today for the second time. I'm right at two months post-op.

My cylinders are well into the glans as intended by my surgeon and approved of by my follow-up urologist another high volume surgeon in Nashville. He felt the location of the tips and approved.

When I'm done with intercourse, I'm sore. The tips of those implants in the glans are sore. It's tolerable but I thought a lot of guys were pain-free by now.

Dr. Kramer says there will absolutely be no pain after 3 months. We'll see, won't we?

I read once on Frank Talk one gentleman who said he was sore for 6 months or so but was OK now.

What are your thoughts??

Return to “Implants”