Recommended surgeon in Thailand.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Defib1

Recommended surgeon in Thailand.

Postby Defib1 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:59 pm

Hi there. I know most surgeons of high quality are in the United States, but has anyone experience of implant surgery in Thailand, or south east Asia. I appreciate success appears so much to depend on the surgeon quality, and would feel uneasy having the procedure without feedback on the medical competence. I have searched the internet for this information endlessly, to no avail! Thanks.

joe456

Re: Recommended surgeon in Thailand.

Postby joe456 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:48 pm

Get the surgery in the country there live it much safer. Out of country your on your own no warannt.
none

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:26 pm

Check with AMS and Coloplast. Both have lists of doctors who implant their devices.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Defib1

Postby Defib1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:34 am

Just for the record, Coloplast do not recommend doctors who implant their devices. I do know of respected consultants in the field generally of ED, based in Bangkoks hospitals, so will book a consultation with these gentleman and see where Thailand is, in regard to implants. I will feed back all information I gain, including costs and if it goes that far, success of surgery in south east Asia, for anyone interested on the forum in the future.

jpr042

Postby jpr042 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:31 am

Anyone following the "no touch technique" should be someone to consider. It's not an endorsement, but certainly suggests that they are serious about reducing and even possibly eliminating infection.

Return to “Implants”