pump attached to scrotal wall

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
lapiste

pump attached to scrotal wall

Postby lapiste » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:12 pm

Hi all,

I'm very concerned because the pump of my implant is attached to the skin of my scrotum. It's been like that since the beginning (I'm not a bit over 5 weeks post-op). I've read that this is a hallmark of infection. I wonder if other people have experienced that, whether they had to have their implant revised, and how it went?

Thanks
Implanted at 33. Sept 2016. Coloplast Titan. Venous leaks for my entire life.

Lost Sheep

Re: pump attached to scrotal wall

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:31 pm

At 5 weeks I think infection unlikely. I opine that you have an adhesion. Easily loosened, though potentially too painful for you to manage it by yourself. Most of us weaken when a discomfort level gets too high and we lose the fine finger coordination required for a do it yourself "adjustment" like this. If you fumble the tearing of the adhesion, you may do yourself damage. Check with your Doctor.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:43 pm

Try to gently peel the scrotum away from the pump while in a hot bath. If you don't make any progress, call your surgeon.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:49 pm

My, my. I wouldn't fool with this myself at all. I would get right to the doctor. Give me pain meds, put me to sleep, whatever, but fix it.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

merrix

Postby merrix » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:07 am

Well, I can only refer to what my doc told me.
I had my issues in the first couple of weeks. Issues such as in bad pain and quite a lot of swelling. I was worried I had an infection, and so was Dr. Eid since the pain and swelling I had was worse than normal, and wouldn't go away as quickly as normal.

Anyway, what Eid kept telling me was that as long as none of the two most obvious signs of infection appeared, I was likely fine.
Which signs? Fever and scrotum skin attached to the pump.
So I'd call the doc right away and have it checked.

Regarding Lost Sheep's comment that 5 weeks is long enough to be clear - I don't think that's true. Eid even told me he had a patient (implanted by another doc) coming in for a revision due to infection. The infection manifested itself several years after surgery.
That was of course a rare case, but 5 weeks is for sure not long enough to say it can't be an infection. I remember Eid told me a guideline as to when one could say the risk of an infection manifesting was very low. Don't remember the exact number of weeks, but it was more than 5. 6-10 is what I remember, but not sure now. It's been a while now... You can look back in the early pages of my thread 'My Journal' for the correct number.

Good luck.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:15 am

I wouldn'r worry, it was the same with me. Hot baths surely helped, but the skin stll sticked to the pump. After some months it came loose by itself.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

lapiste

Postby lapiste » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:26 pm

Thank you guys. That's very helpful. I look forward to seeing my doctor soon. I really hope it's not an infection...

lapiste

Postby lapiste » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:05 am

Just a quick follow-up for people who may look at this thread in future:

I saw my doctor last week. He told me I had nothing to worry about. Although having the pump attached to the scrotum skin can indicate infection, this in isolation doesn't mean infection, especially if there's no other common sign of infection (including red skin, pain, and fever). He said pump attachment to the skin is quite frequent initially, and the pump tends to get loose after a few months.

Lenny1965

Postby Lenny1965 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:43 am

Laptise, glad to hear the issue resolved & wishing you many years of success with your new device.
Going with AMS in nov 2016. Provider is Coastal Urology Assoc, Brick, NJ, Dr. Kevin T. Gioia

Strickk

Postby Strickk » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:38 pm

lapiste wrote:Just a quick follow-up for people who may look at this thread in future:

I saw my doctor last week. He told me I had nothing to worry about. Although having the pump attached to the scrotum skin can indicate infection, this in isolation doesn't mean infection, especially if there's no other common sign of infection (including red skin, pain, and fever). He said pump attachment to the skin is quite frequent initially, and the pump tends to get loose after a few months.

Glad it resolved itself...

Return to “Implants”