Is your implant noisy?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
lapiste

Is your implant noisy?

Postby lapiste » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:59 am

Hi,

I'm now 4 weeks post-op and I'm wondering if the noise my Titan implant makes is typical or not. It makes two types of noise. (1) Each time I squeeze the pump, more exactly when I release it, it makes a very noticeable vibrating sound. On the first squeeze, there's also often a popping sound. (2) When I deflate my implant/squeeze the cylinders or even just change position, it often makes a gurgling sound, pretty similar to bowel sounds. Both types of sounds are not subtle; they're very noticeable if the room is quiet. I wonder if that's typical and to be expected or if there may be a more serious issue with my implant (especially given that mine does remain deflated--fluids keeps flowing back in--and I wonder if these issues may be related)?

Thanks!
Implanted at 33. Sept 2016. Coloplast Titan. Venous leaks for my entire life.

dg_moore

Re: Is your implant noisy?

Postby dg_moore » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:29 am

Mine buzzes when I squeeze the pump - has done this since day 1 in 2008. I have seen a number of similar reports here - I don't think it's an issue.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:48 am

Mine often makes a little bit of a squeak when I'm inflating...... No big deal though......
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

FlaDon

Postby FlaDon » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:09 am

Mine also makes a very soft squeaking sound when inflating, and a bit of a gurgling sound when deflating. I only hear it if it is very quiet, not noticeable with any type of other ambient noise. Like the others here have said, I don't think it is anything to be concerned about.
63, Central Florida area, ED for two years. Implanted with Coloplast Titan Touch (22 cm w/ no RTE's) March 23, 2015 in Daytona Beach by Dr. Martin Dineen.

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:23 am

Mine plays Mozart's Concerto #3 in D minor during inflation.......
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:34 pm

lapiste wrote:Hi,

I'm now 4 weeks post-op and I'm wondering if the noise my Titan implant makes is typical or not. It makes two types of noise. (1) Each time I squeeze the pump, more exactly when I release it, it makes a very noticeable vibrating sound. On the first squeeze, there's also often a popping sound. (2) When I deflate my implant/squeeze the cylinders or even just change position, it often makes a gurgling sound, pretty similar to bowel sounds. Both types of sounds are not subtle; they're very noticeable if the room is quiet. I wonder if that's typical and to be expected or if there may be a more serious issue with my implant (especially given that mine does remain deflated--fluids keeps flowing back in--and I wonder if these issues may be related)?

Thanks!
I would not be too concerned about most of the sounds unless they get louder or other changes in operation begin. However, the gurgling might be a concern. It MIGHT indicate the presence of air in the system. Not good for automobile braking systems, possibly contributing to spongy brakes. Potentially REALLY bad if you fly in an unpressurized aircraft or take a trip a lot higher in elevation than where you are.

Has the gurgling been there from the beginning?

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

oddjob

Postby oddjob » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:10 pm

How very strange...mine plays Richard Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" during inflation and use... :-)
Implanted with AMS 700 LGX on July 29, 2016 by Dr. Stackhouse Tripler Army Medical Center
59 yr old type II diabetic with artificial aortic heart valve

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:03 pm

Xomanow wrote:Mine plays Mozart's Concerto #3 in D minor during inflation.......

LOL
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:07 pm

If mine had ever been used it would have played "The Way We Were"
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:56 pm

mine simply plays....usually with "young professional women".........and they don't mind if I grab them by the *****...........
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Return to “Implants”