JB's implant journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jonbaldbg

Re: JB's implant journal

Postby jonbaldbg » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:06 am

merrix wrote:JB,

Hope you'll have good New Years' Eve despite your 'condition'.
I have been there a year ago, stuck alone in a NY hotel room alone during christmas and new years with bad pain and swelling...

What I'd like to say to you is the same thing I told myself ahead of my surgery a year ago:
Post op pain is nothing. End result is everything. If I could choose between:
A: One month of bad pain and then a perfect result
or
B: Very mild or no post op pain, but half-crappy result (undersized, shitty pump placement, hinge etc)
I'd choose option A without a doubt.

Post op pain and swelling WILL for 100% sure eventually disappear. A wrongly placed pump WILL NOT disappear.
So just hang in there. Wait it out. Suck it up. It'll hurt for a few days or weeks. But then you're through and very likely, you'll come out of it with what you wanted in the first place.

Thanks for the encouragement Merrix! At least I'm not alone in a motel. I am at home and have immediate access to plenty of pain meds and I plan to take them for sure.

I know it's no use crying over spilt milk, but I sure wish this could have all been done correctly at first. But, I suppose that between the two surgeons I'm going to end up with a really good result. I will try to keep reminding myself of that.

Like many people, I can be a worry wart. Right now, when I pee, it hurts almost like it does when they insert a catheter. Last time around that was gone by nightfall after the cath came out. This time not so much.

Oh well, the hydrocodones should be kicking in soon and I'll be able to relax and will no doubt fall asleep on the lounger. They tend to do that!!

Again, thanks for the words.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

Stricck

Postby Stricck » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:24 am

"Hang" in there.... is it to early for Ice packs ?!!! Don't forget the ice!!! All The Best!!!
Implant AMS 700CX MS (21cm x 12mm with 3 RTEs) on Nov 21st 2016. Activation date Dec 22nd 2016

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:10 am

Hey guys,

Believe me there are two things I'm doing right.

1. Taking double 7.5 Hydrocodones (I'm a big guy it takes a lot to do the job).
2. Icing, icing, icing. Brr.

People are assuring me the swelling will go down, I'm just not used to this, so I guess I will have to have faith. I did notice that the incision is a new one, so Dr. Knoll didn't open up the old incision. I did not expect that.

Here are two pics from day two for those of you following this whole journey:

20161231_080049.jpg
20161231_080049.jpg (56.79 KiB) Viewed 1606 times

20161231_080041.jpg
20161231_080041.jpg (44.16 KiB) Viewed 1606 times
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

merrix

Postby merrix » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:22 am

Holy Crap...
That's a swolle scrotum. I thought mine was swollen, but this is in another league. This is pro swelling vs junior high...

But it doesn't really change the game. Swelling from surgery WILL go down and eventually disappear. It's just a matter of how long time it will take and how much it will hurt.
What matters is the end result. And that is not decided by your swelling. So far there seems to be no sign of poor results on the things that matters.

So just keep hanging in there and look forward to when the swelling is gone. And it will be gone.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:34 pm

merrix wrote:Holy Crap...
That's a swollen scrotum. I thought mine was swollen, but this is in another league. This is pro swelling vs junior high...

But it doesn't really change the game. Swelling from surgery WILL go down and eventually disappear. It's just a matter of how long time it will take and how much it will hurt.
What matters is the end result. And that is not decided by your swelling. So far there seems to be no sign of poor results on the things that matter.

So just keep hanging in there and look forward to when the swelling is gone. And it will be gone.

Yup, merrix. I have the swelling. Before my implant, I read other guys' posts about navel orange or grapefruit size swelling. When Dr. Kramer did my implant I had NO swelling. I think he has some good techniques that prevent swelling when doing his surgery. However, since he ended up with my pump too high and to the left, we got Dr. Knoll to do the revision because he's close to where I live. I don't know if Dr. Knoll's patients have this much swelling normally or not. I do know he's high volume and has done tons of implants, more than Kramer (he's 20 years older). His implants are done infra-public. So, I'm just guessing he had to do a bunch of shifting around in there to get the pump and tubes right, therefore the trauma that caused the swelling.

I suppose that is as good a guess as any. I've email pics to Dr. Kramer and he admits that he doesn't have that kind of swelling, but he's very positive about my outcome and he says it looks OK to him. Perhaps he is just trying to avoid badmouthing a colleague or maybe he's just trying to keep me reassured.

Whatever, I know I'll be alright. My follow up with Knoll is January 18. We'll see what happens then.

treifsnyder

Postby treifsnyder » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:59 pm

my 2 cents: Kramer does way better work- you'd never see an incision like that or swelling like that from a Kramer operation. Now- I realize it's kramer's pump that was too high and required this extra tiny procedure- but Kramer would have done it through a keyhole opening with no swelling and no pain. I don't think Knoll is in that league but again- it's done, you're fixed and hopefully perfect now, and you've got nothing but time.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:26 pm

treifsnyder wrote:my 2 cents: Kramer does way better work- you'd never see an incision like that or swelling like that from a Kramer operation. Now- I realize it's kramer's pump that was too high and required this extra tiny procedure- but Kramer would have done it through a keyhole opening with no swelling and no pain. I don't think Knoll is in that league but again- it's done, you're fixed and hopefully perfect now, and you've got nothing but time.

I consulted with Kramer but it is so far back and I didn't want to spend a week in the motel room again! I think you are right. Somehow Kramer avoids the trauma. I just don't know why he didn't get the pump right to begin with. I'm chalking it up to "nobody's perfect."

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:00 pm

First days after surgery it all sucks, especially not knowing what the final outcome will be. Bodies are not finite in the way they react and clearly the surgery technique is not perfect either. Some swell up like a refrigerator between their legs and some not. I did not but 11 1/2 months after surgery and my penis is still purple like a giant bruise. Some have great outcomes, some not. AMS told me they send everyone to Knoll to do revisions. He is the only name the rep would give me. Either he knows what he is doing or is a part of the racket. Who knows till you try it. Either way I hope the best for you. A good sign is you do not feel the tubing though burying it probably was a bit traumatic as far as your body is concerned. It sounds like Knoll did the work you hired him to do. Heal well!
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:02 pm

Am I wrong or is the incision really low on the scrotum to what I usually see in the videos?
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:08 pm

alibaba wrote:Am I wrong or is the incision really low on the scrotum to what I usually see in the videos?

Yes the incision is on the bottom of the scrotum. For whatever reason, he chose a new spot rather than going over the old incision.

Return to “Implants”