Coloplast Titan Touch

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
topdog

Coloplast Titan Touch

Postby topdog » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:30 pm

Anyone have a Coloplast Titan Touch. Having some operating difficulties. Advice appreciated. 1 month post-op today.

I had a recent surgery; exactly one month ago today. Still healing. Almost no more pain. Using a "Titan Touch" that has an inflatable bulb and deflation button.

I haven't even done anything with it. My doctor saw I was still in pain after 3 weeks post-op and told me to come back in 3 more weeks. I'll call his office tomorrow to confirm that I should be experimenting on my own before I see him next visit. I felt around down there and I'm not confident I can find the deflation button, much less work the thing.

The bulb itself seems very hard to squeeze, considering the skin sac makes it difficult to grasp firmly without slipping. It's a blind squeeze so I'm trusting it doesn't have to be exacting. Seeking any methods or useful tricks from experienced users.

Lost Sheep

Re: Coloplast Titan Touch

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:03 pm

The SEARCH functiin is your friend.

There is a thread about:

Titan OTR premature failure

Don't let the thread title mislead you. The discussion migrates.

About three pages (currently) in this Implants section of the forum.

Fortunately, the pumps seem to loosen up after cycling them for a while.

Lost Sheep
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

FlaDon

Postby FlaDon » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:52 pm

Whoa, in my opinion, it is way too early to even mention premature failure, let alone the fact that the pump is a 'Touch' and not the 'OTR' which it replaced. Topdog, I have a Titan Touch, and I can relate to everything you're saying. Right after surgery, and for quite some time afterward, my scrotum filled with fluid. The doctor told me to pull down on the pump, but early on it was riding high, right underneath the penis. I would try to grab it, and it was like a greased pig. It would slip out of my grip only to shoot into one or the other nut. So I know what you mean. Also, it takes a while to learn about location of the release button, at first I couldn't tell which side the button was even on or feel which side was concave. The biggest help to finding your way around 'in there' will be a nice hot soak in a tub. Finally, the bulb is VERY firm for a while. It will be hard to pump after you start cycling, then, all of a sudden, it will get soft. For me, it was about 10-11 days after I started cycling. It's not a gradual softening, either, it will just happen.

Anyway, you've still got a lot of healing to do, and no need to rush it. It will get to be second nature to you very soon. Best of luck, and welcome to the 'bionic brotherhood'.

Don
63, Central Florida area, ED for two years. Implanted with Coloplast Titan Touch (22 cm w/ no RTE's) March 23, 2015 in Daytona Beach by Dr. Martin Dineen.

topdog

Postby topdog » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:26 pm

Ah. Thanks a lot for that post, Don. I feel a lot better. We're into unexplored territory here so knowing that others have had similar experiences is comforting. Seems we have a few things in common age wise and Floridians too.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:48 pm

Fladon, the title of the thread is misleading. Premature failure is where the thread may have started out, but it turned towards the tricks of operating the pump and valve. It is actually quite encouraging, I think.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

woodturner

Postby woodturner » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:22 pm

Topdog

It is way too early to worry about not being able to feel the deflate button. Right after my surgery I was always feeling around the pump and the area where I thought the deflate button was supposed to be. I would be looking at a picture of the implant while I was doing it. It was at least 6 weeks before I could feel the deflate button at all. Starting at about 12 weeks I was able to feel the button's finer details.

At three weeks out there is still so a lot of swelling and excess fluid which prevents you from feeling the button.

When I first started inflating my Titan I could only go a few pumps and I had to use 2 hands or the thing would slip away like a greased pig. Now I can do the first 12 pumps one handed. The remaining 5 - 6 pumps I have to use 2 hands because of arthritis in my right hand.
Total ED since a 6/2010 RPA. Pills and injections didn't work. 2nd revision with a Coloplast Titan (24CM w & 2CM RTEs)on 12/15/2022. 68 years old

topdog

Postby topdog » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:31 pm

This sounds very encouraging.

billylee

Postby billylee » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:34 pm

Much to early, as mentioned. If like mine, and many others, bulb will soften and become manageable with one hand easily in a few months..
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:59 pm

These guys are right. It's way too early to try this.

Also, the bulb is extremely hard at the beginning.

I had a similar problem. I finally had to go to my urologist who went between my testicles and gave it everything he had. On the second try, there was a pop and it filled. That was after eight weeks. Check out: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25260446 on the article about "Pseudo-malfunction of the Coloplast Titan Inflatable Penile Prosthesis One-Touch Release Pump." That's what happened to me.

Now, even after a year, I have to press the release button (you'll get used to all of that crazy stuff in there real soon to the point that it will be second nature. Now I am showing my wife how to do it.) FIRST in order to get the pump to activate, press really hard and then you'll get the 'pop' sensation (my urology PA even said she heard it when it popped) and then it will fill. But this is still a couple months down the line for you.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:01 pm

I would sit tight and try not to worry for a while.....heal....let the swelling go down.....be patieht.....you'll PROBABLY be just fine....good luck...
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Return to “Implants”