Length - Coloplast vs AMS LGX

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Length - Coloplast vs AMS LGX

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:12 pm

The literature says the AMS LGX expands some 20% in length and the Coloplast Titan nas unlimited expansion in length and girth.

Is this true, and can anyone discuss?

I am going to get am implant pretty soon. We were favoring the LGX but if the Coloplast has more flexibility in sizing I wonder if it mignt be better.

Iam average size(5.5 to 6 inches) and will be a conservative inflator but intend to follow an assiduous regimin of preop and post-op rehabilitation.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

dirtman1993

Re: Length - Coloplast vs AMS LGX

Postby dirtman1993 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:48 am

Dr. Kramer has video talking about both and may answer you question. It is on YouTube. I have an LGX and enjoy pumping to regain size. Reading here it seem Titan is firmer than AMS but doesn't expand as much. It tends to be used for guys with 6.5" and up for the larger guys. I too am about 5.5" and hope to get back to 6" but no matter, it works. Just select a top doctor and do as they say.

Photo is at two months 5.25" and has increased since then. It has more girth and some length.
Attachments
Two Months.jpg
Two Months.jpg (48.91 KiB) Viewed 4295 times
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:21 pm

dirtman1993 wrote:Dr. Kramer has video talking about both and may answer you question. It is on YouTube. I have an LGX and enjoy pumping to regain size. Reading here it seem Titan is firmer than AMS but doesn't expand as much. It tends to be used for guys with 6.5" and up for the larger guys. I too am about 5.5" and hope to get back to 6" but no matter, it works. Just select a top doctor and do as they say.

Photo is at two months 5.25" and has increased since then. It has more girth and some length.

Dirtnam1993, thanks for the feedback.

Selecting a "top doctor" is difficult when one has limited access to information. AQnd Dr Kramer hs so many vieeos it is hard to know if I am looking at the one I was pointed to. I intend to follow the regimin described in an article I found in the medical journal "Advances in Sexual Medicine" by Sellers, Dineen, Salem and Wilson" titled "Vacuum Preparation, Optimization of Cylinder Length and Postoperative Daily Inflation...". I posted a link in the section "Pumps" a week or two ago. The article followed 750 men and found easier surgery and quicker recovery along with less loss of length. Good news all around.

http://file.scirp.org/pdf/ASM_2013012514045982.pdf

What you wrote is what I have read. My questions stems from one mention in a medical journal article that the Coloplast has unlimited expansion in both length and girth. I supposed that this means the size is limited only by my own tissues. However, this flies in the face of everything else I have learned.

I was hoping that a length-expanding implant (that expands to fill my own tissues) would have less chance of being undersized (producing the "SST" or "floppy head" Syndrome) or of being oversized ("S" curve deformity or buckling of the implant). No one I have asked seems to know the answer to this question and I have found nothing in the scientific literature, either.

Neither of the doctors I have consulted have been very illuminating about the issues I wonder about. But my choices are limited here in Alaska and through the V.A. and time is running short.

Dr A has done about 20 implants in the past year and is very confident, but not inviting of my questions. Dr. A knows Dr P and recommended him as being a better fit for my personality, so I met with him Monday. He has done 6 implants in the past year and I found him more talkative (good) but not much more informative than Dr A (not so good).

Dr P's clinic is closer to my office and I am familiar with the surroundings and recovery area, but that is a short-term convenience. Also short-term, but potentially more important is that there are three surgeons in Dr P's practice who do implants, so the "bench" has greater depth there. Dr. A indicated he sizes more aggressively. Dr. P seemed to discount the drawbacks of slight undersizing.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:58 pm

The difference is that, with the Coloplast Titan (and all of the other inflatables besides the LGX), the flaccid length is the same as the erect length. The penis is measured for longest length and the implant is sized for that. But it will not get shorter when flaccid. The LGX erect is the same as the others erect. Maximum length is maximum length. As a result, the LGX mimics a natural penis. I still like the Titan. Having a longer flaccid penis is something that I desperately need (Did I say need? No; I meant want. Yeah, that's it!)
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

DougYetii

Postby DougYetii » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:14 pm

Where had you read that the Titan has unlimited expansion over time? I have not seen this. Can you share a link?
Implanted 9/6/2016 by Bruce Garber
Titan 22cm with 1.5 tips.
lost 3/4 inch, gained it back over the year. Currently 6.5l by 6.25g.

Best decision ever!

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:48 pm

DougYetii wrote:Where had you read that the Titan has unlimited expansion over time? I have not seen this. Can you share a link?

I was surprised to read that, so rrad it several times. Now I an having trouble finding the article. I woll post and PM when I do.
.LS
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Lost Sheep

FOUND IT!

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:43 pm

DougYetii wrote:Where had you read that the Titan has unlimited expansion over time? I have not seen this. Can you share a link?

Right under my nose

http://file.scirp.org/pdf/ASM_2013012514045982.pdf

Section 4 (left column of page 4 of the article, near the bottom of the page) says,

Early in our observations we catalogued the various cylinder types manufactured by the two US companies to see if there was a difference in outcomes between the various cylinder models. AMS manufactures the LGX cylinder, which increases in girth to 18 mm and lengthens up to 20%. Coloplast Titan is a cylinder that is unrestricted in girth and length expansion. Only the tunica limits Coloplast cylinders expansion and length. We wondered if the lengthening cylinder or the unrestricted expansion cylinder would have different outcomes after our vacuum protocol. Satisfaction with outcome seemed similar with the different cylinder types and our cylinder choice currently is on a random basis except we avoid usage of the lengthening cylinder in cases of Peyronie’s Disease.

Since this article was originally written in other than English (Italian), I wonder if a defect in the translation might have negated the meaning? I don't see exactly how, but that is the only explanation I can speculate.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:16 am

I was implanted with the AMS CX. Thought my Dr. was going the use the LGX but he didn't. Asked him why the cx not the lgx that expanded in length too and he said they all expand in length. Seems that I read that somewhere else too. Don't know, but it seems that they all would just about have to, to some extent.
71. ED for about 10+ years to one extent or another. Implanted 9/14/2016 AMS CX 18+3 Fl/ Ky

DougYetii

Postby DougYetii » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:32 am

Very interesting! Thanks! I have a Titan, I suppose time will tell!
Implanted 9/6/2016 by Bruce Garber
Titan 22cm with 1.5 tips.
lost 3/4 inch, gained it back over the year. Currently 6.5l by 6.25g.

Best decision ever!

woodturner

Postby woodturner » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:37 am

lostsheep

My experience and knowledge is the following:

- The LGX in AMS LGX stands for Length, Girth Expansion (LGX). The exact expansion figure I have heard the most is 18%.

- The TITAN expands in girth only. I have a Titan. When I first got my implant I had about 1-1/2 inches missing.Over time I got it back. The doctor had properly fitted me. However, that doesn't mean your penis is pliable enough and that you can handle all of the pain if you fully inflate right after surgery.

- The bottom line difference between the 2 implants (based upon my research, I would do my own) is the AMS LGX gives you a more normal appearance when you are flaccid. The Titan provides a more normal appearance when you are erect. In my opinion the main advantage the LGX has is it makes it easier to arrange things inside you pants when you are flaccid. Because it gets a lot more rigid the advantage of the TITAN is for those men that are on the larger side and it also does a better job straitening out things out if you have had Peyronies disease. The doctor who did my implant recommended the TITAN because of size and a very slight amount of Peyronies.

- VED Use. I had to wait 5 years to get my implant because of insurance issues. During that 5 years I used the VED almost daily. When I had my surgery I was able to recover all but the last 1/2 inch within 2 months of getting the implant. I got the last 1/2 inch about a year after surgery. I would have gotten it sooner. I later realized I should have been pumping more aggressively. BTW I had also seen a couple of studies about the benefits of VED use prior to getting an implant

- Doctors. In my opinion I wouldn't go near either one of the doctors you have been talking to. For myself I wanted somebody that had a lot more experience, was more than willing to answer questions and they had a very competent staff. The doctor I used is not very well known. However, he does more than a 120 implants per year. He is also one of the doctors that fixes what other doctors screw up. I got his name in this discussion group. Regardless of which implant you get, in my opinion the most critical part of the process is finding the right doctor.

I hope I haven't added more confusion to the issue
Total ED since a 6/2010 RPA. Pills and injections didn't work. 2nd revision with a Coloplast Titan (24CM w & 2CM RTEs)on 12/15/2022. 68 years old

Return to “Implants”